First stirrings of deliveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
In the last few days, UK dealers/agents have been getting paperwork(agreements) from Lotus regarding their loan cars, which are production test cars for the likes of you and me to drive.
The cars have trackers and will be geo-fenced.
Anticipated deliveries are 1st-2nd week in August.
Great news, exciting

jimbobc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Wonder how long it will take to drive one. Didn't one dealer say they had a list of 200 who wanted a drive!

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
How will the geo-fencing work? Is it just to prevent them being taken on a jolly by a dealer or will the engine cut out if it goes beyond a parameter? Any idea?
If there are 200+ test drives wanted, hope it goes in order of those who placed orders first, Im well down the list but while I wouldnt want to be ahead of someone who needs to make the payment soon, I'd also not want someone who is speculatively thinking about an Emira getting ahead of me who's had a deposit for 9-10 months.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
In the last few days, UK dealers/agents have been getting paperwork(agreements) from Lotus regarding their loan cars, which are production test cars for the likes of you and me to drive.
Nice one, another step closer....

OP
NickR

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
How will the geo-fencing work? Is it just to prevent them being taken on a jolly by a dealer or will the engine cut out if it goes beyond a parameter? Any idea?
It just notifies Lotus that the car has been taken out of a permitted area

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It just notifies Lotus that the car has been taken out of a permitted area

Screenshot_20220721-095928_Google.jpg

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Many insurers insist on geo-fencing when the car is of large value.
I have it one of my cars. No idea how it works :)

I believe the car can be shut off remotely but it doesn't just happen - that would be dangerous.
I believe it is tracked, traced, the Police wait for it to come to a stop safely and then it is orcestrated to stop the engine. Sounds complex to me...

G

Guest142

Phenomenal news.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
as predicted then so things are as last CS update, dealer cars august and a few customer cars probably also, although no one still with their 30 days warning so getting close to the cut too, then more of course in Sept.
No idea what the geo fencing is for in this case (I know what it does, but cant see the relevance in this case), as you can only imagine the dealer will be there sat next to you (in Spain you often get to take the car yourself for the entire day, least I did with higher end dealer/car). So the dealer will set the route, not Lotus surely, i think its a red herring the geo fencing addition.
Not sure I will bother with a test drive as have the track day the 6th anyway, but well, I guess another 30 mins cant hurt :).

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
as predicted then so things are as last CS update, dealer cars august and a few customer cars probably also, although no one still with their 30 days warning so getting close to the cut too, then more of course in Sept.
No idea what the geo fencing is for in this case (I know what it does, but cant see the relevance in this case), as you can only imagine the dealer will be there sat next to you (in Spain you often get to take the car yourself for the entire day, least I did with higher end dealer/car). So the dealer will set the route, not Lotus surely, i think its a red herring the geo fencing addition.
Not sure I will bother with a test drive as have the track day the 6th anyway, but well, I guess another 30 mins cant hurt :).
No chance for a free Emira fix should be turned down!

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
No chance for a free Emira fix should be turned down!
ohhhh just noticed your in Edinburgh ... fantastic base for an Emira with rear wheel drive.. in the rain.
no, just kidding, I got my 718 S there a few years back in May it was, start of May and had a lovely drive around over to inverness etc.
Fantastic food in Edinburgh too... you will enjoy your car so much more than most.... when its dry at least :)

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
ohhhh just noticed your in Edinburgh ... fantastic base for an Emira with rear wheel drive.. in the rain.
no, just kidding, I got my 718 S there a few years back in May it was, start of May and had a lovely drive around over to inverness etc.
Fantastic food in Edinburgh too... you will enjoy your car so much more than most.... when its dry at least :)
That's why I have a 996 Carrera 4S, it's also why the Vantage doesn't come out when there is frost, ice or snow! The 4S is staying, the Emira is replacing the Vantage and I expect the traction to be considerably better.

You get used to driving in our weather but I do yearn for better!

Edinburgh seems to have become food heaven over the last 10 years - so many restaurants for every taste and pocket.

Having chosen DV, I am resigned to it just being "D" most of the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.