UK Auto Deliveries

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have seen that this week an Auto successfully being delivered in Spain.

With the first batch of UK autos due to be built/delivered across this next month - has anyone had their checkout email or know of any UK Auto customers that have?

I am currently March build/April delivery on an Auto, so wondering where the others are at in the process?

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I was told by CS that my car should go into build this week, so check out email should be pinged out this week

🤞

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was told by CS that my car should go into build this week, so check out email should be pinged out this week

🤞
ah great! are you March build/April delivery then I assume?

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yes, I’ve been told that the car will be available for collection or delivery in April

I’ve recently learnt that Hethel collection cars no longer leave Hethel for PDI, so this should shorten the timeframe from when the car is built and the time it’s in your possession

And should have a knock-on effect for non-Hethel collection cars

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, I’ve been told that the car will be available for collection or delivery in April

I’ve recently learnt that Hethel collection cars no longer leave Hethel for PDI, so this should shorten the timeframe from when the car is built and the time it’s in your possession

Doing a Hethel PDI sounds more sensible, and makes a factory pickup more attractive IMO

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Thats interesting. Why the change? Is it just the Autos being done in house?

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
All factory collection is done in house now

It makes sense, not to waste time sending cars out only for them to be sent back to Hethel. Also due to roadworks on the main road into the Norwich area, I believe the factory have been transporting each car out one by one in an enclosed unit, possibly due to the difficulty of using a much larger vehicle.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
All factory collection is done in house now

It makes sense, not to waste time sending cars out only for them to be sent back to Hethel. Also due to roadworks on the main road into the Norwich area, I believe the factory have been transporting each car out one by one in an enclosed unit, possibly due to the difficulty of using a much larger vehicle.
ummm. Perhaps I go for the factory pick up then ... might save a week or two.

It's crazy that things like road works affecting the size of the delivery trucks are causing delays. I would never have even considered that. This entire process, from the factory rebuild to UK delivery, would make a fascinating documentary. So many issues and stories to tell.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Sending a car out to PDI feels like government spending. What a waste of time and money

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had an email saying they would be in touch in two weeks that never arrived (in the proposed time quoted) so I chased again on Friday still no reply.
I'll email again now and give them a call in the morning if I remember

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sending a car out to PDI feels like government spending. What a waste of time and money
When they awarded the original contract to BCA to do the PDI, there was no factory collection option. So it made some sense to have the logistics company do the PDI on the car as they shipped them from Hethel to dealers and home deliveries.

I assume they were stuck with shipping Hethel collection cars via BCA initially, until they had set up PDI capability at the factory.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Both LHD and RHD?

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
sent two emails now with no response.

I had better remember to call tomorrow as it really does look like deposit order is not being followed with Autos either

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Still no insurance quotes available for V6Auto (in the UK), so have to assume Type Approval is either outstanding or hasn't been advised to Thatcham to upload to insurers. Also, no sign of any demonstrator vehicles. All following a similar pattern to the manual last autumn. Also, no stats to be found for the V6 auto, emissions, BHP etc. Not really sure what all this means considering deliveries imminent in the UK, should the auto buyers be concerned? Lotus refuse to comment on any of this when you ask them directly.

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
sent two emails now with no response.

I had better remember to call tomorrow as it really does look like deposit order is not being followed with Autos either
Will be interesting to read what they tell you. If you want to really 'rattle' them ask about Type Approval and insurance quotes!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Still no insurance quotes available for V6Auto (in the UK), so have to assume Type Approval is either outstanding or hasn't been advised to Thatcham to upload to insurers. Also, no sign of any demonstrator vehicles. All following a similar pattern to the manual last autumn. Also, no stats to be found for the V6 auto, emissions, BHP etc. Not really sure what all this means considering deliveries imminent in the UK, should the auto buyers be concerned? Lotus refuse to comment on any of this when you ask them directly.
When you say Lotus refuse to comment, do you mean Customer Care (who don’t get told everything) or someone in a position to actually answer the question?

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When you say Lotus refuse to comment, do you mean Customer Care (who don’t get told everything) or someone in a position to actually answer the question?
Good point Tom, I refer to Customer Care.

This is really what is wrong with Lotus. They have a customer facing team who are not given proper information, but for me as a customer of Lotus, this is the only access I have to the company, so they are as close as I can get. I don't have inside contacts, so can only judge Lotus on the responses that their nominated agents can give. I do not understand the logic of operating a company and farming out customer care to a team of poorly informed people, it simply makes no sense to me, but someone has decided that is the way they will operate.