First POV Emira look around and drive video

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Snap, just posted this in the reviews thread. Nice little video (y)

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This was fantastic!

A new video like this every week would really go a long way for all of us, I'm sure. šŸ˜‚

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The guy who posted the video seems to also answer lots of questions. He confirmed that Android Auto worked wirelessly.

I do wonder if thereā€™s a miscommunication there between ā€œAndroid automotiveā€ (car OS) and ā€œAndroid autoā€ (mirroring his phone).

rich64

Reaction score
I ordered an Emira July 17th 2021. Over the last year I have been hot and cold over the vehicle, probably a shared feeling by many on here. On the cold moments I considered shifting to a new 911, even test drove a few. I finally got to see the car with the New Zealand Emira launch two weeks ago.

I went along to the event with an attitude of hoping to find something wrong with it, where I could then justify the switch to the 911.

Boy was I wrong... after seeing the car in person I was impressed with the finish quality, engine sound and the vehicle just looks stunning. Yes the 911 engine is better/quicker, yes the entertainment is better, however the Porsche looks mediocre in comparison. I test drove the car last Friday, thank you Lotus NZ. Definitely a Lotus.... You just don't get the same vehicle feedback or driving drama from the other vehicle.

With a little luck I may have one in the garage within the next 6 months. :)

schorsch

Reaction score
I do wonder if thereā€™s a miscommunication there between ā€œAndroid automotiveā€ (car OS) and ā€œAndroid autoā€ (mirroring his phone).
I donĖ‹t think so. He explicitly mentioned Android Auto and you can see in the Video that the it was active, i.e. Phone mirroring shown on the Emira center screen.
While not mentioned I assume that this means that also Apple CarPlay will be wireless.

schorsch

Reaction score
I ordered an Emira July 17th 2021. Over the last year I have been hot and cold over the vehicle, probably a shared feeling by many on here. On the cold moments I considered shifting to a new 911, even test drove a few. I finally got to see the car with the New Zealand Emira launch two weeks ago.

I went along to the event with an attitude of hoping to find something wrong with it, where I could then justify the switch to the 911.

Boy was I wrong... after seeing the car in person I was impressed with the finish quality, engine sound and the vehicle just looks stunning. Yes the 911 engine is better/quicker, yes the entertainment is better, however the Porsche looks mediocre in comparison. I test drove the car last Friday, thank you Lotus NZ. Definitely a Lotus.... You just don't get the same vehicle feedback or driving drama from the other vehicle.

With a little luck I may have one in the garage within the next 6 months. :)
Did you post the abovemnetioned video on Youtube?

EMorg

Reaction score
Seems that down here in NZ weā€™re being treated better than most. I too drove the car (albeit left hand drive) last weekend. Refined is an understatement when compared to the 1999 S1 Elise owned since new and still in the garage. Can confirm that Apple Car play is wireless and as an added bonus a/c controls are still accessible in a side panel. Way better execution than Iā€™ve seen in other vehicles.

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
as an added bonus a/c controls are still accessible in a side panel. Way better execution than Iā€™ve seen in other vehicles.
You are definitely being looked after by your dealer. Respect
What is this side panel you speak of...?

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Dudes really driving around like this.... lol

1658790160861.png

EMorg

Reaction score
You are definitely being looked after by your dealer. Respect
What is this side panel you speak of...?
The Apple CarPlay screen renders over approx 90% of the display leaving a strip down the left hand side to interact with the vehicle ventilation/ax settings. I didnā€™t study it in detail but thought it was a nice touch in comparison to Land Rover and Ford CarPlay executions that Iā€™ve seen..