First stirrings of deliveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
That's why I have a 996 Carrera 4S, it's also why the Vantage doesn't come out when there is frost, ice or snow! The 4S is staying, the Emira is replacing the Vantage and I expect the traction to be considerably better.

You get used to driving in our weather but I do yearn for better!

Edinburgh seems to have become food heaven over the last 10 years - so many restaurants for every taste and pocket.

Having chosen DV, I am resigned to it just being "D" most of the time!
haha...
i always wanted a lighter colour to show off the curves, which darker colours hide, but I can see the attraction of course.
I was in a small city/large town in Ireland a few years ago and again, the quality of the food was for my palet, stunning, Navan was the town and I am used to Barcelona levels of food! I would say the meals I had there were better... not cheap though, this is true. Trained abroad and move back home ...

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
haha...
i always wanted a lighter colour to show off the curves, which darker colours hide, but I can see the attraction of course.
I was in a small city/large town in Ireland a few years ago and again, the quality of the food was for my palet, stunning, Navan was the town and I am used to Barcelona levels of food! I would say the meals I had there were better... not cheap though, this is true. Trained abroad and move back home ...
I nearly went for Nimbus but my 996 is silver so was looking for a change, could yet so easily flip though!

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My dealer says

“Thank you for your email.

We still haven't received details or dates of our demonstrator. I have a feeling it may be sometime in September.

Drop me a message in 2 weeks and I may have some information available. Thank you for your patience.”

Ian C

Reaction score
My dealer says

“Thank you for your email.

We still haven't received details or dates of our demonstrator. I have a feeling it may be sometime in September.

Drop me a message in 2 weeks and I may have some information available. Thank you for your patience.”
I had the same , local dealer not heard anything

Mike

Reaction score
Many insurers insist on geo-fencing when the car is of large value.
I have it one of my cars. No idea how it works :)

I believe the car can be shut off remotely but it doesn't just happen - that would be dangerous.
I believe it is tracked, traced, the Police wait for it to come to a stop safely and then it is orcestrated to stop the engine. Sounds complex to me...
I had a Ford Fiesta in the 80's that would randomly stop for no reason. I wonder was it geo-fenced?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not a great sign!
There's so little information coming out of Lotus at the moment.
It's almost like they've gone on holiday.

August is traditionally the month for a summer shutdown for two weeks, but I wonder if they've asked lots of people to take leave earlier so they can keep going once parts turn up?

OP
NickR

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It's almost like they've gone on holiday.

August is traditionally the month for a summer shutdown for two weeks, but I wonder if they've asked lots of people to take leave earlier so they can keep going once parts turn up?
Something isn't adding up. It's not waiting for parts from China. I wonder if they've had to get a new wheel supplier which has meant they've had to revalidate

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm still confused. So are FE's being delivered ACTUAL production versions? Because to my understanding, the auto journalists were still getting pre-production testers?

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Has anyone actually had a phone call / email recently from Lotus giving them any updates? I am 7th July deposit and last contact was telling me July build / August delivery, now obviously with the delays this isn't going to happen, but despite all the promises from Matt in his video message CS haven't reached out and updated me, when I contact them they are useless and give me no information at all, so still don't know if getting it August, September, or 2023!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm still confused. So are FE's being delivered ACTUAL production versions? Because to my understanding, the auto journalists were still getting pre-production testers?
Dealer demo cars are being built at the moment and are due to be delivered in early August (for UK). These are production spec cars. Cars currently at events and with press are pre-production cars still.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Has anyone actually had a phone call / email recently from Lotus giving them any updates? I am 7th July deposit and last contact was telling me July build / August delivery, now obviously with the delays this isn't going to happen, but despite all the promises from Matt in his video message CS haven't reached out and updated me, when I contact them they are useless and give me no information at all, so still don't know if getting it August, September, or 2023!
I’ve been speaking to them once a week about mine. Still no info on Aug or Sept delivery or when they will be able to tell me. No proactive comms happening to update people, despite the promises. Grrrr!

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm 7th July and I've just come to accept that no Comms is because there's nothing to tell me. I don't tell people now it's coming in September as I don't think it will.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
"Car manufacturer unable to deliver cars due to shortage of wheels" isn't a great headline if that's the reason :(
I take it that 'wheel gap` has taken on an important new meaning,
That of delivery delay culprit.

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’ve been speaking to them once a week about mine. Still no info on Aug or Sept delivery or when they will be able to tell me. No proactive comms happening to update people, despite the promises. Grrrr!
Me too. But management has assured me my car is in the first batch planned for Sept build......2022.....and that it will be built to the highest standards and that it drives brilliantly! They did say emails would be out last week......my guess is the August shutdown has now kicked in as schools are out for summer....but I guess.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I take it that 'wheel gap` has taken on an important new meaning,
That of delivery delay culprit.

So this was Rimstock's update in July 2020:

Screenshot 2022-07-22 at 16-06-47 (1) Rimstock Wheels Facebook.png

Status
Not open for further replies.