Continental Europe deliveries

JPS_67

Reaction score
That’s what he told me on Monday, one for the showroom and one for demo drives (I said put me in first :)). Nimbus and magma v6 manuals. Could be an expensive day
Well if that is te case (If I were you I would check on your dealer again about the year) please keep us posted. I just love to see the magma red on the emira in the flesh and don't mind the drive to Luxembourg (is the gasoline still that cheap over there?).

tjlazer

Reaction score
Well if that is te case (If I were you I would check on your dealer again about the year) please keep us posted. I just love to see the magma red on the emira in the flesh and don't mind the drive to Luxembourg (is the gasoline still that cheap over there?).
I will let you know, my guess is it will keep shifting like you say but hope springs eternal! Fuel isn’t as cheap as it used to be, but we are still the biggest petrol heads per capita in Europe I think :D

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That’s what he told me on Monday, one for the showroom and one for demo drives (I said put me in first :)). Nimbus and magma v6 manuals. Could be an expensive day
Tjalzer, I got same info from the NL dealer. So its seems Lotus will produce LHD first and distribute the dealer cars for mainland EU first. Makes sense...there is more to win for Lotus in LHD countries all together vs UK...

OP
Bilbao-Emira

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Tjalzer, I got same info from the NL dealer. So its seems Lotus will produce LHD first and distribute the dealer cars for mainland EU first. Makes sense...there is more to win for Lotus in LHD countries all together vs UK...
Fingers Crossed!
🤞

tjlazer

Reaction score
Fingers Crossed!
🤞
Make it so Lotus! I guess the market here has been really crying out for this news - the dealers have hardly done a roaring trade on the old line up, finally they have a product to that is complete enough to compete with buyers that would normally be falling to Porsche, Merc etc. I expect the Brexiteers to be marching to Norfolk with their pitchforks however 😂

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi all,

Thought it would be appropriate to open this specific thread.

Things are clearly moving and clarified about UK process of FE V6 deliveries and also NA estimated deliveries.

IMHO, Continental Europe, nothing is clear yet.

I was (maybe mistaken) expecting to receive some news by the end of January, talked to my dealer last week, and no news.

There has been a few members posting confirmation for their deliveries in Germany and Switzerland as I recall for the month of July 22, as per what their correspondent dealers told them.

I wonder whether these are real confirmations of build slot from Lotus Headquarters to the dealers, or just estimation from the dealers at that time.

A little bit of anxiety is growing here as we see other areas of the world develop and all we get here is, as usual, info from valuable members rather than from Lotus or the dealers.

Maybe @TomE or other member with contacts on LOTUS HQ could ask for us to clarify at which stage we are:

1. Has LOTUS decided start date for production of Continental Europe LHD FEV6?
2. Is there a maximum number of FE V6 cars allocated for the global area or country by country?
3. How many cars per month can we expect?
4. Are they going to prioritize any specific country in terms of delivery, or can we expect to get the cars in all countries at the same time as per date of deposit list (similar to UK)?
5. When do they expect to have obtained the homologations for EU cars?
6. Is there going to be a finance package promoted by Lotus for EU countries?
7. Is the contractual relationship with final customer defined as in the US (through dealers) or are they planning to change it for Agency model like in UK?

If they cannot answer any or all of the questions, at least give as some explanation of when and through who we can expect answers.

If this is not the moment to ask these questions, we will just wait, although it is frustrating.
I am sure many of us have decisions pending on the estimated date of delivery, whether we change our vehicle for something in between or we wait, financing, holidays, marriage, divorce, get rid of the mother in law, etc...
I know somebody will come up with a few hashtags, at least we will continue having fun during the loooong wait.

Cheers!
I have a delivery date of August, I was contacted some weeks ago by lotus, very nice and informal.

Im wondering if previous lotus owners with history of owneing cars over the years are being asked o take some of the first who committed on initial information.

I also paid £2 + £3K to fix my spec and have not changed from then start.

Food for thought