• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

First stirrings of deliveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Do you think we should arrange a group therapy?

1584A49A-5782-4594-B778-528FE87C10DB.jpeg

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
As i have previously said. In the Lotus dictionary, what is the definition of the word 'soon'? Appears to be the same as your friends motor home company.
It has been redefined by customer services since Covid :)

I'm going to have a closer look at California T's and 718 GT4's over the next few weeks before purchasing, oh and might look at M4 (just not sure on looks) just to make sure i'm making the right decision as like you i don't like being told July and then no comms to say it isnt going to be July or August, or September...

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It has been redefined by customer services since Covid :)

I'm going to have a closer look at California T's and 718 GT4's over the next few weeks before purchasing, oh and might look at M4 (just not sure on looks) just to make sure i'm making the right decision as like you i don't like being told July and then no comms to say it isnt going to be July or August, or September...
Do you think that if I had ordered a 718 GT4 over 3 years ago, do you think it would now residing in my garage or still waiting for it?

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Brilliantly put Sir. I am guessing many on this forum feel the same. I certainly do.
I’m of female variety well last time I 👀 I was, us girls like fast cars too 😉 Well I should rephrase that as > 4 secs not that fast. I’ve come from a fast 💨 car ( clue in my name tag 🏷) hahaha 🤪
In addition I tell hubby afterwards what I’ve bought or when even better I bring my new addition to the family home. Had to divorce no.1 hubby as he wasn’t too keen on that WOW / approach 😂 & my divorce celebration present to myself……..you guessed it new car 🚗 best divorce present ever 😉

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’m of female variety well last time I 👀 I was, us girls like fast cars too 😉 Well I should rephrase that as > 4 secs not that fast. I’ve come from a fast 💨 car ( clue in my name tag 🏷) hahaha 🤪
In addition I tell hubby afterwards what I’ve bought or when even better I bring my new addition to the family home. Had to divorce no.1 hubby as he wasn’t too keen on that WOW / approach 😂 & my divorce celebration present to myself……..you guessed it new car 🚗 best divorce present ever 😉
A thousand apologies me lady (as Parker used to say🤣). Great taste in cars
A thousand apologies me lady (as Parker used to say). Great taste in cars if you don't mind me saying, perhaps not in men, if your 1st husband is anything to go by. As you have probably guessed by now, you need to be a very patient person to by a new Lotus. I recommend second hand Lotus or new Caterham, much quicker 🤔

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
SORRY to be the bearer of bad news....... and I dont want negative feedback ie shooting the messenger :(

I have jut been informed by CS at Lotus that now things are put back to close to another month. Dont get mad..dont get even either!
Ie at best...3 special early order cars will be made in August, .. for delivery in September. Yes, only perhaps 3 customer cars delivered in the whole of September.
The rest of the first batch are now looking firmly at October for delivery. And for later orders, well the logic follows you will be Nov /Dec etc. Not much point asking yet.
To put it into perspective, I am no. 34 on the list and I will now be an October delivery, where as at last info I was firm September.

There "should" be an email next Thursday, slightly generic, but stating a more accurate build month for those in the first batch (and maybe for others too), which they dont envisage changing. My build month and 99% of those who were originally June then July delivery... will now be October delivery.
I was also given new information regarding payment, which is in contrast to what I was told the last time. We will be sent, via email/digital signature a sales contract to sign about 30 days before the car is to be delivered. At that point things will improve, ie more individual communication and we will be contacted via Lotus for a test drive before paying. In theory we do not need to contact the dealers, lotus will contact us, make of that what you will. Also, the payment will be 14 days before the agreed delivery date.
If factory pick up, at that stage you will probably be told week x of October for example and then it will be fine tuned over the next weeks.

Thats all the info I have... I will defuse it to the other group re delivery if I can find it.
I expect 100 likes!!! even though you dislike it...

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
SORRY to be the bearer of bad news....... and I dont want negative feedback ie shooting the messenger :(

I have jut been informed by CS at Lotus that now things are put back to close to another month. Dont get mad..dont get even either!
Ie at best...3 special early order cars will be made in August, .. for delivery in September. Yes, only perhaps 3 customer cars delivered in the whole of September.
The rest of the first batch are now looking firmly at October for delivery. And for later orders, well the logic follows you will be Nov /Dec etc. Not much point asking yet.
To put it into perspective, I am no. 34 on the list and I will now be an October delivery, where as at last info I was firm September.

There "should" be an email next Thursday, slightly generic, but stating a more accurate build month for those in the first batch (and maybe for others too), which they dont envisage changing. My build month and 99% of those who were originally June then July delivery... will now be October delivery.
I was also given new information regarding payment, which is in contrast to what I was told the last time. We will be sent, via email/digital signature a sales contract to sign about 30 days before the car is to be delivered. At that point things will improve, ie more individual communication and we will be contacted via Lotus for a test drive before paying. In theory we do not need to contact the dealers, lotus will contact us, make of that what you will. Also, the payment will be 14 days before the agreed delivery date.
If factory pick up, at that stage you will probably be told week x of October for example and then it will be fine tuned over the next weeks.

Thats all the info I have... I will defuse it to the other group re delivery if I can find it.
There's no emoji for middle finger..... lol

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

At this point, I don't even care. If I'm not getting my Emira by November, it'll just be sitting in my garage through March. Might as well make it a late March/early April delivery for me.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
At this point, I don't even care. If I'm not getting my Emira by November, it'll just be sitting in my garage through March. Might as well make it a late March/early April delivery for me.
If it is March, that will be 12 months after my original delivery date. Does anyone know if the road fund licence will go up with the delay. As it has gone up 3 times so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.