• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

First stirrings of deliveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
UK Government usually increases it every April. They might do a special budget and do an extra off-cycle increase, depending on new leadership and economic factors.

One of the previous increases I believe was because Lotus revised the emissions figure upwards a month or so ago.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
UK Government usually increases it every April. They might do a special budget and do an extra off-cycle increase, depending on new leadership and economic factors.

One of the previous increases I believe was because Lotus revised the emissions figure upwards a month or so ago.
Thanks for the information 👍

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
SORRY to be the bearer of bad news....... and I dont want negative feedback ie shooting the messenger :(

I have jut been informed by CS at Lotus that now things are put back to close to another month. Dont get mad..dont get even either!
Ie at best...3 special early order cars will be made in August, .. for delivery in September. Yes, only perhaps 3 customer cars delivered in the whole of September.
The rest of the first batch are now looking firmly at October for delivery. And for later orders, well the logic follows you will be Nov /Dec etc. Not much point asking yet.
To put it into perspective, I am no. 34 on the list and I will now be an October delivery, where as at last info I was firm September.

There "should" be an email next Thursday, slightly generic, but stating a more accurate build month for those in the first batch (and maybe for others too), which they dont envisage changing. My build month and 99% of those who were originally June then July delivery... will now be October delivery.
I was also given new information regarding payment, which is in contrast to what I was told the last time. We will be sent, via email/digital signature a sales contract to sign about 30 days before the car is to be delivered. At that point things will improve, ie more individual communication and we will be contacted via Lotus for a test drive before paying. In theory we do not need to contact the dealers, lotus will contact us, make of that what you will. Also, the payment will be 14 days before the agreed delivery date.
If factory pick up, at that stage you will probably be told week x of October for example and then it will be fine tuned over the next weeks.

Thats all the info I have... I will defuse it to the other group re delivery if I can find it.
I expect 100 likes!!! even though you dislike it...
That is disappointing....

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
SORRY to be the bearer of bad news....... and I dont want negative feedback ie shooting the messenger :(

I have jut been informed by CS at Lotus that now things are put back to close to another month. Dont get mad..dont get even either!
Ie at best...3 special early order cars will be made in August, .. for delivery in September. Yes, only perhaps 3 customer cars delivered in the whole of September.
The rest of the first batch are now looking firmly at October for delivery. And for later orders, well the logic follows you will be Nov /Dec etc. Not much point asking yet.
To put it into perspective, I am no. 34 on the list and I will now be an October delivery, where as at last info I was firm September.

There "should" be an email next Thursday, slightly generic, but stating a more accurate build month for those in the first batch (and maybe for others too), which they dont envisage changing. My build month and 99% of those who were originally June then July delivery... will now be October delivery.
I was also given new information regarding payment, which is in contrast to what I was told the last time. We will be sent, via email/digital signature a sales contract to sign about 30 days before the car is to be delivered. At that point things will improve, ie more individual communication and we will be contacted via Lotus for a test drive before paying. In theory we do not need to contact the dealers, lotus will contact us, make of that what you will. Also, the payment will be 14 days before the agreed delivery date.
If factory pick up, at that stage you will probably be told week x of October for example and then it will be fine tuned over the next weeks.

Thats all the info I have... I will defuse it to the other group re delivery if I can find it.
I expect 100 likes!!! even though you dislike it...

Not what i've just been told, yes I had the same old communication by email will be end of next week but they have assured me the latest time frames given at Goodwood or over the phone are accurate and are in line with supplier promises.

Lotus CS quote.... I can confirm that Lotus have advised these dates are accurate delivery months and do not anticipate any further delays. All deliveries are based on part arrival for all orders.

Take from that what you will but that statement today has kept my deposits in for both Emira and Eletre

Phew

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not what i've just been told, yes I had the same old communication by email will be end of next week but they have assured me the latest time frames given at Goodwood or over the phone are accurate and are in line with supplier promises.

Lotus CS quote.... I can confirm that Lotus have advised these dates are accurate delivery months and do not anticipate any further delays. All deliveries are based on part arrival for all orders.

Take from that what you will but that statement today has kept my deposits in for both Emira and Eletre

Phew
Ditto, as I've posted over on the other thread

Reactions: DJS

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’ve checked today and mine has also been further delayed - there advising of 6-8 weeks delay. Mine was originally July then August then September and now it’s October and if I change my spec sometime in 2023 .I’m literally thinking of kicking it into 2023 it’s going be winter and just sat in the garage at this rate.
Will we ever get these cars 🚗 🤔 or is it a fragment on our imagination- maybe it’s all just a dream 😴 turning into a nightmare. Should never of sold my M4 argh 😠

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So that's another 6-8 week delay now, on top of the 6-8 weeks delay given in the June Matt Windle video and at Goodwood?

They really need to get a coherent communication out to all customers ASAP about what's going on. Some people are being told it's unchanged since June, others that there are significant extra delays. Both may be correct, as it may be spec or sequencing related.

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So that's another 6-8 week delay now, on top of the 6-8 weeks delay given in the June Matt Windle video and at Goodwood?

They really need to get a coherent communication out to all customers ASAP about what's going on. Some people are being told it's unchanged since June, others that there are significant extra delays. Both may be correct, as it may be spec or sequencing related.

mine was June (I’d assume only just given my deposit date) now October…. they told me that weeks ago so this doesn’t sound like another delay

PhilCP

Reaction score
Mine was originally July then August then September and now it’s October and if I change my spec sometime in 2023 .I’m literally thinking of kicking it into 2023 it’s going be winter and just sat in the garage at this rate.

I've literally done just that.
Wanted to make a spec change and I won't use it over winter so might as well make the delays work for me.

Bertelli

Reaction score
Oh dear. Will I ever see my i4?? Interestingly, the Lotus website still says 'available spring 2022'.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

You have a good grasp of delivery times Tom.
If I put my first batch FE car back to a Base model now. Without any further delays... would I be looking at June delivery again do you think, but next year?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The original intention was for Base cars to start delivery about 3 months after start of i4 FE deliveries. Hence the target to publish Base options and pricing in September, with configurator opening at the same time, which would be about 6 months before first delivery.

Based on what we currently know, I think for UK the first V6 FE deliveries will be Sept, first i4 FE in Jan or Feb 2023 and first Base in March/April 2023. I think if first V6 FE is delayed then the underlying assumption is i4 FE and Base are delayed by the same amount. That certainly seems to be how the i4 FE dates have changed over the last two months.

So if you are currently V6 FE for Sept I think you'd drop to Base in March/April. Customer Care appear to be saying +6 months as the default if you switch.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The original intention was for Base cars to start delivery about 3 months after start of i4 FE deliveries. Hence the target to publish Base options and pricing in September, with configurator opening at the same time, which would be about 6 months before first delivery.

Based on what we currently know, I think for UK the first V6 FE deliveries will be Sept, first i4 FE in Jan or Feb 2023 and first Base in March/April 2023. I think if first V6 FE is delayed then the underlying assumption is i4 FE and Base are delayed by the same amount. That certainly seems to be how the i4 FE dates have changed over the last two months.

So if you are currently V6 FE for Sept I think you'd drop to Base in March/April. Customer Care appear to be saying +6 months as the default if you switch.

Sounds good, appreciated 👌

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
I've literally done just that.
Wanted to make a spec change and I won't use it over winter so might as well make the delays work for me.
Be careful when you do that. I had asked for my July delivery to be moved to Sep. First, they moved it to Oct without telling me. And then added delays to my new schedule position (not original), so I am now on a Dec delivery even though I was an early depositor. When I complained, I got a polite it’s what it is; so sod off and will refund if you want. 🙄

PhilCP

Reaction score
Be careful when you do that. I had asked for my July delivery to be moved to Sep. First, they moved it to Oct without telling me. And then added delays to my new schedule position (not original), so I am now on a Dec delivery even though I was an early depositor. When I complained, I got a polite it’s what it is; so sod off and will refund if you want. 🙄

New estimate for me is Spring 2023. I'm happy with that. Now we've missed this summer, i don't have much use for the car until then anyway.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
New estimate for me is Spring 2023. I'm happy with that. Now we've missed this summer, i don't have much use for the car until then anyway.
I will await next month's alleged test drives and if I likey will probably do the same. No need for a winter sports car and no need for all the FE options, so actually all good at this point.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

They really need to get a coherent communication out to all customers ASAP about what's going on. Some people are being told it's unchanged since June, others that there are significant extra delays. Both may be correct, as it may be spec or sequencing

If Lotus and their Suppliers don’t get there shit together they are going to be inundated with customers wanting to change spec / hop order to I4 / hop order to base/ delay to spring 2023 it’s going to be a minefield. Mind you I don’t have the confidence that Lotus could handle numerous change requests 🤯💣🤯💣

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
If Lotus and their Suppliers don’t get there shit together they are going to be inundated with customers wanting to change spec / hop order to I4 / hop order to base/ delay to spring 2023 it’s going to be a minefield. Mind you I don’t have the confidence that Lotus could handle numerous change requests 🤯💣🤯💣
I wouldn't delay getting the car,. I'm July delivery, coming tomorrow :)
In all fairness there will be further parts shortages and the I4 is reliant on Mercedes parts supply as well. A continuous stream of parts coming in wont happen it will still be sporadic. and further delays for orders not yet fulfilled.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So Pelosi announces she's going to Taiwan; China warns her not to go; Pentagon says our Pacific fleet is on alert and ready for action now because she's going..... hmm.... just before the mid-terms, how convenient. A 'staged' conflict to declare an emergency, since money-pox pandemic alarm doesn't appear to be gaining any traction or credibility. A Chinese version of Ukraine/Russia. Calls for boycotting, sanctions, etc. So then everything out of China is put on hold because you know, crisis.

Lotus really needs to source suppliers who are NOT in China, because the monkey-business (pun intended) going on right now in the world doesn't appear to be going away anytime soon. This would be a great time for the U.K. to re-establish and renew their industrial base to secure their own economic stability. Either resurrect production capability in the U.K. itself, or start sourcing from someplace besides China, like India maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.