• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Email July 9th

Car66

Reaction score
The 23rd – 26th June saw Lotus featuring at Goodwood Festival of Speed. The festival marked the premiere of the ultimate three-car garage from Lotus, as the Eletre was joined on stage by the beautiful Emira sports car and the pioneering Evija hypercar. Also there – in a vibrant yellow competition-inspired finish – was the Emira GT4 race car, unveiled just last month and already sold out for the first year.

Matt Windle commented: “What an amazing first day at Goodwood – with such a passionate and knowledgeable crowd it never disappoints! The Lotus stand was busy from the moment the gates opened at 7am, and was great to see the fans new and old getting up close to our cars and chatting with our team. If day one was anything to go by, the rest of the weekend will be a massive success too!”.

To read more please visit Lotuscars.com.

On the stand we had several Lotus factory staff ready to greet our Emira customers, thank you to those who were able to visit us, it was it was a pleasure to meet you, and from this contact we have complied an FAQ.

Q: How can I make specification changes? Specification changes are only available on orders not locked with production. To make changes to your specification, please respond to this email and the Lotus Customer Care Team will be in touch.

Q: When can I test drive an Emira? Test drive vehicles will be available at Lotus Centres around August this year, as a priority customer you will receive an email when test drives are ready to book.

Q: I’ve heard about delays to Emira orders, can you provide me with an order update? All delays are order specific so please contact the Lotus Customer Care Team and they can quickly provide you with an update, please either respond to this email or call 03300 948 047.

Q: Where am I in the Emira order queue? We are unable to provide a specific position, only a production and likely delivery month. Closer to your production month we will offer several handover dates for you to choose from.

Q: My order is scheduled for 2023, when will I have more specific information? We are aiming to have a build plan for 2023 in Winter of 2022.

If you have any other questions our Lotus Customer Care will be more than happy to help, please either respond to this email, or call 03300 948 047.

Lotus Cars

Ian C

Reaction score
Feels like its slipping another month , I was June with July delivery, last call was August with Sept delivery and cars in showrooms in July. If its now August for demos in showrooms then I am thinking October earliest for me. May need a ribbon on it for xmas

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Feels like its slipping another month , I was June with July delivery, last call was August with Sept delivery and cars in showrooms in July. If its now August for demos in showrooms then I am thinking October earliest for me. May need a ribbon on it for xmas
Or an Easter bow? 😄

AndyH

Reaction score
Wonder if I'll get this one. The last email I had directly from Lotus was on the 11th March, way back when my car was in the original June delivery batch! I've had to message them to get any updates since.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Wonder if I'll get this one. The last email I had directly from Lotus was on the 11th March, way back when my car was in the original June delivery batch! I've had to message them to get any updates since.
you probably have had your preferences changes to receive no emails/contact from them... this happened to me, although I didnt do it.
You should call them and get this checked, although to me it seems some people you speak to at CS seem better than others at fixing / knowing / estimating things.

AndyH

Reaction score
you probably have had your preferences changes to receive no emails/contact from them... this happened to me, although I didnt do it.
You should call them and get this checked, although to me it seems some people you speak to at CS seem better than others at fixing / knowing / estimating things.
Thanks, I have a feeling this may have happened to me too. I will give them a call.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I just called CS to get my update, which was expected and hinted at during Goodwood and never came of course, but no complaint here as I have said a few times, its counter productive to send these guesstimate emails out, confusing and frustrating for us and pointless and damaging for them.

Information in the call, which maybe others know, but I was not 100% aware of in some cases
1. I am position 34 (previously told this not today) and was of course June, then July etc. Now I am sometime in August to be made and delivered in September, which could be realistically at the end of Sept and run into October or in the glass half full, early September delivery (I wont be in the UK after sept 5th so life could be complicated). But to be clear, from a June delivery, now to September, with a 4 week window, its a minimum 8 week delay and a maximum 16 week delay, if you look from 1st June potential delivery to end of September potential. Irrelevant in all ways, but just saying before others say it.
2. I asked will anyone get a car in August, she said, maybe a handful, but nothing is confirmed, at best a few, so I am thinking maybe 5-10 15... .who knows, again doesnt matter, good luck to them, but thought I would ask.
3. There is no official info they have saying Auto boxes are delayed more, but she has heard the rumour and thinks it could be true... Im manual, but thought I would ask.
4. 30 days or maybe 40 days before delivery and she said they expect payment to be made in full as in line with all online car sales, ie tesla etc? I have never bought a tesla, so others will know if this is true or not. Trade in seemed more complicated and I could not quite work out what she was saying, so I wont repeat it.
5. the on the road, which has been mentioned : 1045, including full tank of petrol and valet, but does not include road fund license (I thought they generally did, but dont buy so many new cars to recall how it now works in the UK) hence, plus 1910 for road fun license and 55 for registration document, so yes thats just over 3000 pounds to add to cost of the purchase price, which I have seen mentioned on here, but highlight once again.
6. Factory delivery is 199 pounds on top of all of this, but comes with lunch, emira factory tour and a hand over by Jenson Button, with some racing lessons included.... NO... thats not true, but with a Lotus expert as previously mentioned, Scott I think.
So my car will cost about 83 or 85 k now and with the pound nose diving, its really costing me more.
7. We... will get an email again in the "next few weeks" with another update on estimated delivery... thats before the actual date is known.
I didnt ask who received this email, but I doubt it will be anyone outside of the UK..... but no idea.

Hope that helps..

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I got excited thinking this was a post from an actual Lotus employee finally taking the time to respond directly to us. 😔

Hey Lotus, hire me to manage your social accounts and US comms. I'm already running an IG account promoting your brand and spend all day chatting with the forum enthusiasts. Just deliver my Emira on time as payment! 😉

PhilCP

Reaction score
Q: How can I make specification changes? Specification changes are only available on orders not locked with production.

Do we think this is correct.? My understanding was changes could still be made when locked in, but would result in a unspecified lengthy delay.

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Q: How can I make specification changes? Specification changes are only available on orders not locked with production.

Do we think this is correct.? My understanding was changes could still be made when locked in, but would result in a unspecified lengthy delay.
Correct. You can change the spec after locking in. I did a week after locking in after seeing the colours in person. No sympathy and bumped out of the queue into "sometime" in 2023. Pisses me off but it is what it is. Rather have my chosen spec on order, but looking at alternatives now.

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Forget about getting a car till next year.
If your abroad forget about, till the middle of next year.
Simples
It's OK lotus I've done your job for you. No problem 😊

fatjase

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Forget about getting a car till next year.
If your abroad forget about, till the middle of next year.
Simples
It's OK lotus I've done your job for you. No problem 😊
I'll happily move from the November delivery slot currently being told by Lotus to March 2023 to be honest then I can at least enjoy it almost daily when it arrives rather than sporadically in November when some reasonable weather pops up.

bumlard

Reaction score
I've not heard anything since a phone call in May but at that point they said delivery in July which clearly has been missed as I still haven't done the final commitment.

I placed order on the 6th July launch day in the evening. I imagine all the dealer presales will be in front of me and a good few web orders but I would think I'm still in quite near the beginning.

I got an email a couple of days ago about Goodwood but nothing relating to my order since May. I've been avoiding contacting them myself and have instead been reading this forum...

I'm trying not to think too much about it as with the economy / cost of living am actually having doubts about it. Probably best option is to stop listening to the BBC news on the radio to fix that! :)

I sold my S3 Exige months ago in preparation and am slightly regretting that too, what a rollercoaster this buying experience is.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome to the forum and the painful wait. Your deposit timing means you should be somewhere in the 120-300 range, so potentially in the first batch in Sept or possibly into Oct based on the latest revised dates. Customer Care can confirm which month.