Email confirming ADAS included on i4

yohc88

Reaction score
Came across this Facebook post on "Lotus Emira Group"

fbemiraadas.jpg

Is there any truth to this ? Anyone else get this email ? If so, what country ?

Here is a link to the actual post

MIGZ

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Following - would make sense given the delays that all cars being made have this

Robbierob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hmm, if it were true, wouldn't Lotus have to list that somewhere on their website in the Emira configuration?
But it would be nice if the V6 automatic would get ACC as an update, could this technical be possible?

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Given the choice of ADSA or not I would opt out as I have had nothing but issues with previous cars I've had quality brands included.

seems ADSA on the Emira could just turn out to be another stick to batter Lotus with.

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Imo.....ADAS etc. should not been present in a true sports car............brrrrrr........
As for the Evira this is a potential source for more problems as for now......

EyeFour Eemeerah!

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Given the choice of ADSA or not I would opt out as I have had nothing but issues with previous cars I've had quality brands included.

seems ADSA on the Emira could just turn out to be another stick to batter Lotus with.
Not so much a punitive stick, as opposed to conforming to Standard Safety features required by law. At least in the U.S. All this I am certain had to have been known to Lotus, and hopefully not an afterthought? 😔

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yeah I understand the law part and that's fine its just a personal opinion and I've been lucky enough to get a FE without ADAS.
ADAS has literally drove me around the bend in the past.

I certainly don't wanna hit Lotus with a stick as nearly 4 months in and not a single problem to report with my Emira WHAT A CAR.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Came across this Facebook post on "Lotus Emira Group"

View attachment 30958
Is there any truth to this ? Anyone else get this email ? If so, what country ?

Here is a link to the actual post

Reminder that Lotus Dealers barely know anything — one giant game of telephone with questionable sources.

Reactions: ADC

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The only one of those I’d be interested in is the blind spot detection.

The rest is “meh” in a sports car, for mine.

I find that the vision is very good everywhere except over the shoulder where it’s much poorer than my old Ferrari.

That seems to be a proper blind spot which would benefit from monitoring.

Rapture

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I would imagine if it has all of those ADAS features, you will also get that big wart on the front of the car. Personally, I would not want that trade off.

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I know it's not an Elise - I currently have one. The Emira is very comfortable on the motorway, I braved the M6 last weekend.
The Emira has "normal" cruise control, not adaptive and I think this is perfectly adequate for return journeys from "spirited driving". I'm familiar with ACC, our Golf has it.. I just don't think the extra weight and complexity for wiring and sensors is required on the Emira. There's enough people "complaining" about heavy seats, or exhausts, let's not add more stuff. Or they could use the money they've saved to fix LCC?

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The only one of those I’d be interested in is the blind spot detection.

The rest is “meh” in a sports car, for mine.

I find that the vision is very good everywhere except over the shoulder where it’s much poorer than my old Ferrari.

That seems to be a proper blind spot which would benefit from monitoring.
Agree 100%. I’d love to have this stuff in my daily (sitting in highway traffic / road trip car) where you can zone out a bit, but for the Emira I just want blind spot and parking camera/sensors etc. and would pay to have it.