i4 ADAS or no ADAS ?

yohc88

Reaction score
I have seen several post here about people doing factory tours and seeing (Chinese) i4's on the factory floor. There have been a few comments about the ADAS sensor pad on the front of the Chinese i4's (on the factory floor) and then there were post saying the ADAS sensor pad was a number plate holder for Chinese cars due to Chinese regulations. I have also come across some Chinese forums where people say they have been (unofficially) advised by Chinese dealers that the i4's will come with ADAS.

I am waiting for my i4 FE but cannot get any information from Lotus, what are your thoughts about non-Chinese i4's ? ADAS or no ADAS included in the i4 FE ?

Photos for reference only (note the ... supposed ... ADAS sensor pod)

Screenshot 2023-06-20 231021.jpg

Screenshot_20211217-132448.jpg

1643490168997.png

denk0815

Reaction score
When I ordered my i4, ADAS was supposed to be included. Unfortunately, I can't find the interview with Windle right now.

It's been 20 months since I made my deposit for it and if Lotus now delivers without ADAS, I feel it's another hidden price increase.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was told at the factory its for Chinese cars only

DJManc

Reaction score
When I ordered my i4, ADAS was supposed to be included. Unfortunately, I can't find the interview with Windle right now.

It's been 20 months since I made my deposit for it and if Lotus now delivers without ADAS, I feel it's another hidden price increase.
I can only hope that it's not included if the above pictures are anything to go by! Every other manufacturer has managed to integrate the ADAS sensor neatly into the grill or similar. Why Lotus would choose to make it stick out like a sore thumb and ruin the front end aesthetics, I have no idea. A absolute eye sore and in a 'drivers car' like this, the features of which will no doubt be little used. I understand that the features of ADAS will become legislation on future new vehicles produced for the UK, but not sure when.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
https://media.lotuscars.com/en/models/emira.html (Published July 2021)

"Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) available on the Emira include adaptive cruise control, anti-collision system, fatigue alert, road sign information, vehicle speed limiter, lane departure warning, rear cross traffic alert, lane change assist."
That didn’t specify which models ADAS would be fitted on.

Lotus subsequently confirmed it wouldn’t be on the V6 FE and “might” be on the i4 FE and “probably” would be a cost option in the Base Editions.

That was over a year ago and they’ve provided no official update since then.

meenboli

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I can only hope that it's not included if the above pictures are anything to go by! Every other manufacturer has managed to integrate the ADAS sensor neatly into the grill or similar. Why Lotus would choose to make it stick out like a sore thumb and ruin the front end aesthetics, I have no idea. A absolute eye sore and in a 'drivers car' like this, the features of which will no doubt be little used. I understand that the features of ADAS will become legislation on future new vehicles produced for the UK, but not sure when.
They may as well have stuck it on the roof - it's horrible - like a tub or margarine stuck to the front.

bluecoding

Reaction score
The chinese version i4s have the hardware ready for ADAS, but there is still no update for the software yet. it seems lotus are focusing on EVs and Emira i4 is still half-finished.