Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

Beady

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Long time lurker but first post.
As many today, email with October production.
13 yrs I took possession of a Launch Evora in October but this time around I have no interest in a sports car for uk winter so I will certainly be looking to defer to March 23, as it seems many others are also thinking.
I am sure Lotus will try to resist this but there already seems to be a few people being offered cancellation spots so I am pretty sure those looking at delivery in late 23 would jump at the the chance of a winter 22 slot.
At present we have a refundable deposit and no obligation until they call us 30 days before delivery is due- so I really think allowing early depositors to defer must be better than seeing them cancel.
I would be happy to switch to a base but I don’t think they will arrive in uk until very late 23/early 24.
However if they won’t allow me to defer I will probably look to switch to a base and get something else in the meantime.

OUI131

Reaction score
Just had the September build and we will contact you re delivery soon…..mmmm, im off for my winter hibernation in late October so I don’t want delivery, guess it could be delayed more so I will no doubt accidentally miss the call until I find out from others if a planned delay until April is allowed.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The problem is I've had most of them 🤣
Ferrari is the one left to tick the box,Mclaren I'd love but avoiding like the plague with potential issues and costs.

Ideally I'd want something that would hold its value whilst being a toy for 6-9 months if I was to switch to an i4 delivery next year for example....

Again,will sleep on it,just sick of these delays and don't trust that this will be the last either
If its a stop gap then there are loads of cars at half the price! 😍

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Regarding the Emira....

Well, I have gone from possibly the most excited Emira Fanboy puppy to one of the most disillusioned... Just shocking. So shocking I find myself laughing.
So frustrating, so frustrating... 😘

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Same here. Nothing else excited me...

The Aston Vantage is awesome and you can get the hardtop coupe with the 7 speed manual, but it's easily $50k more than the Emira FE and w/o many options.

Then there's the 3 pedal Supra coming out (or out already?) for like $40k less than the Emira FE and a ton of potential and aftermarket support.
Yearh saw this little beauty in the golf club on Sunday ( wud be better in another colour ) yes nice car but I’m not wanting to spend that much just for w/e toy

Attachments

• ED757D45-2FE1-4BB4-9E00-83022A7377DD.jpeg
    ED757D45-2FE1-4BB4-9E00-83022A7377DD.jpeg
    411.1 KB · Views: 76

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well, my email has confirmed my November build slot (December delivery)...which was what I was told at Goodwood. Probably means I have actually been bumped up the order given others' comments on here...funnily enough I'd be happy for my car to be registered in 2023 as I can see that making a minor difference to resale values, but not needing/wanting to defer to Spring as I am going to use as a daily driver anyway.

bbpxbbpx

Reaction score
Originally Oct build Nov delivery. Moved to some unknown time in 2023... Lotus is getting a decent amount of deposit as interest free loan.

DV, no black pack, no privacy glass, manual, tan, home link, tracker, silver wheels, touring suspension.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Do we need a poll of :

# Want to defer to Spring 23
# Still happy to take Emira whenever she turns up
# Chucking the towel in - off to get myself some wheels 🛞 NOW
# Going to change my spec
# Want to change order to base model

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Do we need a poll of :

# Want to defer to Spring 23
# Still happy to take Emira whenever she turns up
# Chucking the towel in - off to get myself some wheels 🛞 NOW
# Going to change my spec
# Want to change order to base model

1, 3 & maybe 4 or 5 for me!!

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Originally Oct build Nov delivery. Moved to some unknown time in 2023... Lotus is getting a decent amount of deposit as interest free loan.

DV, no black pack, no privacy glass, manual, tan, home link, tracker, silver wheels, touring suspension.
They’ve invested £300 million, pretty sure they will be keen to be getting a return on that investment

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Just had the September build and we will contact you re delivery soon…..mmmm, im off for my winter hibernation in late October so I don’t want delivery, guess it could be delayed more so I will no doubt accidentally miss the call until I find out from others if a planned delay until April is allowed.
IF YOU DOnt answer the call they will email you 100% for sure, they have done this with me around about 3 times as their calls never get through to my Spanish number.
you can of course not answer the email and then I guess you will soon find out, but I guess they will soon assume you do not want the car, but by then I am sure someone on here will have the answer you are looking for.
I personally think its 99% unlikely they will allow any delay as they simply are not set up for the recalculations, ie their factory is up to date, but their software isnt and throw into that all the parts issues.
It will be interesting to see how many of these 150 first batch try to delay...... as Tom said, they will soon have so many people asking that they will have to come up with a blanket answer....

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just a perspective. I have a long term deposit on a Porker GTS 718....no communication, we will get back to you when it goes production firm. I have a 6 month £25k deposit on a Fezza 296GTB.....we will get back to you soon....I have to chase both suppliers. I have a long placed deposit on a Lotus Emira.....we will build in October, cross our hearts. We now have a plan we can share with you. We love you all. OK that's OK as it will be 25c in October and 20c in December, trust me as I cannot tell a lie.I

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
So, not in anyway a "I told you say way", but it seems the further 8 weeks delay I was told at the weekend , was/is true. (same person told me about wheel gaps... ...believe it now if you will, just throwing it out there for the doubters 😂)
Im sorry for you Tom that you are pushed back behind others that were clearly well behind you and without a definite reason. Surely the tracker is made by an external manufacturer and I would be amazed that during the last 12/18 months that this company have not managed to make and store a few hundred of the buggers, if not several hundreds as not exactly a large cost item. Homelink, maybe the cause, but again,.... the same reasoning leads me to think its a bit strange. I have a tracker, but no homelink I think, to be honest I dont even recall my spec now and the link they sent is dead, like my heart.....
Re September builds, to be totally honest, I would not be surprised if its an error on Lotus's part, but time will tell. Good luck to all the September builds in any case, lucky so and so's haha.... I dont think there are more than 10-15 of them in any case and if anyone's is going to slip, well it would be those logically, but hopefully NOT. You guys are now carrying the weight of expectation and hunger for feedback from us zombies on here.
I too am October now and I was in the top 35, but thats life, I wont bother taking issue with it as getting the car in mid October or November makes little difference if we are honest, not in the UK typical autumn climate. I agree with the push back idea to Spring, but I am as sure as I can be that this will be HIGHLY discouraged by Lotus and I think they will talk about cancelling the order or going to the back of the queue, my gut instinct based on things they have said/done so far for those wanting to alter orders. They talk about "now" locked in, they talked about "now" locked in 3 months ago and have never once in the interim said "now not locked in, go ahead and change." so thats a load of so and so..
Finally, don't forget, we had previously been confirmed June Build and July Delivery via official Email and then over the phone, later I had September over the phone and email etc, so despite the negative positivity on here, I for one am at best 60% sure that they themselves are not 90% sure re their own email and that those production months are locked in granite.
There is a fair chance in my mind that it will change. If they are, and I was told they were, airfreighting parts in, then they should have the parts now over the next week or two and hence, they should be building a lot of cars in September, but that is apparently not the case. Hence in my mind the parts are not yet manufactured and hence to me there is still a risk of further delays.... but they had to write something, so they did. Lets hope its true...... and guaranteed... and not Lotus CS reliable...

At least, at least they came through with the email that I was promised via another email last week, although I was told it would probably be thursday, couldn't even get that right haha

Last edited:

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So if your getting car literally one month later than mine you have till 19th to lock your spec yet my spec has been locked for literally months and months - thinks this stinks personally Lotus
No idea what that is about because I was asked to lock-in my spec ages ago 🤷

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am now October production (original order 8th July 2021 for Nimbus, auto, black pack, red leather, red callipers, no tracker and no homelink). I don’t understand why Lotus are saying “As your Emira completes the production process we will contact you” Why would they effectively build in a 30 day delay once the car is in build as they originally said that payment would be due 30 days prior to delivery.

I wonder what the timeframe is for building the car (start to finish), getting Unipart to take it to Oxford for PDI and then get it on transport to your home/dealer/back to Hethell for the collection options.

If they know that they are building the car in x weeks, they could surely be a great deal more efficient and get things in motion before the car is built. More importantly from a business and cashflow point of view, you would expect that they would like to have money coming in as soon as possible.

Unless I am missing something, I think that they way they have worded the e.mail leaves the door wide open for further delays, with no further contact promised from Lotus until they actually start building your car.

I understand the reason for parts delays, but my patience is wearing thin with the very poor customer experience from Lotus. I think the only thing that Lotus has achieved for me is to slowly strangle the excitement of getting my first brand new car in 40 years.