Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Sep build confirmed for me (for now) manual, tracker and no homelink.

Den

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Long time lurker but first post.
As many today, email with October production.
13 yrs I took possession of a Launch Evora in October but this time around I have no interest in a sports car for uk winter
You do know that the uk winter happens every year? :ROFLMAO:
What if you defer to March 23 and there is another pandemic, war etc. and it gets delayed to winter 23!

• Winner
Reactions: DJS

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
View attachment 8035
I now have a vague "produced in 2023" whereas the last email stated October delivery. My initial deposit was on 15th July 2021. I've been pretty relaxed until now but to say I'm not impressed by this update would be an understatement.
I have the same, initial deposit 26th July. Last notification Dec build, late December /early January delivery..... Who knows when now! 😥

Beady

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You do know that the uk winter happens every year? :ROFLMAO:
What if you defer to March 23 and there is another pandemic, war etc. and it gets delayed to winter 23!
Daily driver all year except December to February when it goes away for winter.
Like many I have just lost interest now so if it’s delayed another year I will get something else and come back sometime later.

Reactions: Den

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've gone back to looking at McLaren 12C as either a 6-12 month play or maybe a keeper if I can hold my nerve on maintenance/extended warranty. Have hankered after one for a while. Looked early last year but very few on the market and so got the Exige instead. A friend bought a 12C Spider at the same time and loves it.

Also now looking at Esprit S4S and Evora GT410 or GT430. Nothing that interests me in the £75-100k range with Porsche, Aston, Ferrari etc.
A friend who had an S1 exige 'forever' (longer than me) sold it and bought a 12C. its very cool but he says its way too fast for the road and he wants another lotus 🤷‍♂️
I considered a McLaren but the horror stories put me right off. Even had a good convo with John Thorney (Thorney Motorsport) who will put a warranty on the likes of a 12C once he's had a good fettle round it.
I would speak with him Tom if you are going that route.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
From posts so far, it looks like Homelink is the contributing factor in this recent delay being 2 months rather than 1.

I'm surprised Lotus haven't given us the option to delete it and get the car a month earlier. I'd have thought losing £200 off the invoice value to get a £78k car delivered and paid for was worth asking people.

So far I've spotted 7 people with Sept build and (we assume) Oct delivery, which will be the first customer cars.
I would also dump the homelink Tom as I have it on the Porsche and it doesn't work with my gates 🤦‍♂️

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have ordered a tracker but not homelink.
Magma, no black pack, DC wheels, manual, alcantara with red stitch, yellow calipers, touring. Still October production. Deposit to dealer in May 2021.
Requested factory collection so maybe that’s a factor?

James DG

Reaction score
March or April (can't remember which) 2021 pre-launch deposit with B&C. Originally June delivery then September. Now October build.

No Homelink. The mystery deepens...

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Hi Tom,

Deposit was put in a couple of hours after the reveal on 6th July - and my build has the homelink and tracker specced.
It's pretty clear then that Lotus are simply prioritising cars based on how much of a PITA they consider us 😉😉
Just as well I use a pseudonym or I would be Spring 2026 😉😇😅

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've gone back to looking at McLaren 12C as either a 6-12 month play or maybe a keeper if I can hold my nerve on maintenance/extended warranty. Have hankered after one for a while. Looked early last year but very few on the market and so got the Exige instead. A friend bought a 12C Spider at the same time and loves it.

Also now looking at Esprit S4S and Evora GT410 or GT430. Nothing that interests me in the £75-100k range with Porsche, Aston, Ferrari etc.
The 12C is becoming the Classic of the Mclaren range, with timeless design, hydraulic suspension, and more than enough grunt for UK roads. The secondary service network is now established and knows the car backwards. My Mclaren mates who kept their 12Cs' are very happy despite having a garage full of high-end motors. I had both Coupe and Spider, then stupidly test drove a 650 at Spa. You know what then happened.

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Most are pissed off at delivery timing, late Autumn and just in time for the winter. So September would have been better. My guess is that Lotus is being ultra-cautious and don't want a start-stop situation.......I hope.

Other Marques will let you pay and they then keep the car until registration. Lotus have the space to do that, outdoors!

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My situation appears to be all over the place:

- deposit 11th July 2021 (evening)
- indicated I wanted an i4 when contacted by Customer Care
- second payment 4th May this year and configured car - changed to V6 and advised later in May by email that delivery is likely to be Q1/Q2 2023
- my email of yesterday says production this November i.e. six months earlier than I was previously advised
- just called Customer Services and there seems to be confusion as to whether I had configured the car (I definitely did and received the email confirmation back in May). Awaiting a call back, later this week, to confirm config and delivery.

TBH, this will not be my daily driver so a Spring 2023 delivery would suit me fine. So I will discuss with Customer Care, when I'm called back, the impact of asking to be bumped back to 2023 (I'm in two minds, at present).

The reason I may have been "promoted" for delivery is that my spec may be relatively easy:

V6 manual - touring
Magma Red (no black pack) with black alcantara with red stiching (leather steering wheel)
Diamond cut wheels with black calipers
No homelink or tracker

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
May order this and ask them to fit it to my car if it gets delayed again.....🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220811-104335_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220811-104335_Chrome.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 93

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I have ordered a tracker but not homelink.
Magma, no black pack, DC wheels, manual, alcantara with red stitch, yellow calipers, touring. Still October production. Deposit to dealer in May 2021.
Requested factory collection so maybe that’s a factor?
No I dont think its the delivery options as thats the ONE thing you can change haha. You may have opted for factory delivery, but you are not tied into that decision until you sign the contract at least.... So in theory it cant be a factor. And they are talking about Production dates, not delivery....

I have no idea how they are doing all this, but again, I don't trust too much what was said yesterday, why would everything previous have been rubbish and now all of a sudden its gospel....
Something is weird if Dealer cars made and out in August and then all of September production, with a car being made in 12 odd hours, leads to maybe 10 odd customer cars, .... thats strange.
Yes they could be doing EU and US dealer cars before UK customer cars perhaps, but again a car every 10 hours.... and how many dealers are there? 1 in Spain, 0 or 1 in France (no idea), Germany a few, US quite a few, but still we are looking at maybe 50 - 75 cars, for the whole month of September.
THey dont have all the parts yet and I still think they are estimating when they will get them.
Anyway, it is going to be a dry 2 months on this forum, in between the mild fireworks of people getting frustrated and insulting Lotus and us, and those giving info with the money to get "fill in" cars, making the rest envious :).
What a crap SUMMER this amazing weather Summer turned out to be...