Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

Exige2000

Reaction score
View attachment 8035
I now have a vague "produced in 2023" whereas the last email stated October delivery. My initial deposit was on 15th July 2021. I've been pretty relaxed until now but to say I'm not impressed by this update would be an understatement.
Thats interesting , i was 7/7/21 deposit , looks like i will be 2023 as well.

No emails from LCC

jimbobc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The Spyder I inquired about yesterday sold within 12 hours... This is a public announcement:
"NOBODY ELSE BUY ONE KEEP YOUR EMIRAS!"
My I4 moved from November build to sometime in 2023. Think I may drop out given I have a lovely Alpine in the garage. Also annoyed they insisted on me configuring and paying the extra £3k by June 30th

Auto Smiler

Reaction score
That seems to be a massive extra delay. Anything unusual about your spec - auto gearbox?
V6 manual.. Silver wheels, Homelink & tracker. Could be any or all of those I guess. I just wish they would be a bit more transparent. I would cancel homelink and tracker if I knew that would make a difference.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
got my email just now.

Very early Deposit Last Year April/may - Build Now October which is well crap as I wont drive it in the salt

Screw the factory collection too they can drop it on my drive!!!!!!!

:-/

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I asked to change my spec and was told late next year if I did. I don't see any base cars being delivered next year. These supply issues are not ending anytime soon and lotus have already lost peoples belief in there word!!.

Madog30

Reaction score
Anything in your spec that might be a factor, such as Homelink or tracker?
I have Homelink and tracker in my spec with, like you, an October build now - moved from the last advised build month of August! Deposit on the morning of 7th July. Manual, alcantara interior and steering wheel.

Blue97

Reaction score
I have Homelink and tracker in my spec with, like you, an October build now - moved from the last advised build month of August! Deposit on the morning of 7th July. Manual, alcantara interior and steering wheel.
Moved to October. Silver wheels ,Tan leather , Alcantara wheel , no homelink or tracker

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm wondering how sceptical we should be about these new build months. You would think that Lotus must know by now if they are going to have all the parts for the first few hundred cars, but then I thought the same when I was given a build month of June, then August, then September. Any reason to believe that an October build won't slip into December or even early 2023?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My humble opinion... Delays are significant part to the scheduling no doubt. Especially for i4 customers. I don't see a customer i4 being delivered prior to summer of 2023. My guess is that they will start to prioritize USA deliveries in early 2023 due to an increase to currency exchange. Nobody knows how long it will last, but an extra 15% on 200 Million of sales matters. We will see what happens when Gator Motorsport gets back to us on the update. I am not surprised to see more delays coming, especially for UK/EU markets in early 2023 production. TomE I would keep the build, I feel that a lot of UK customers are going to be unhappy about what unfolds in the next few months... (not about the car itself....but how Lotus is going to handle it) Let's not forget every other manufacturer has done the same over the past year ... its a business and it only makes sense to prioritize profits.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm wondering how sceptical we should be about these new build months. You would think that Lotus must know by now if they are going to have all the parts for the first few hundred cars, but then I thought the same when I was given a build month of June, then August, then September. Any reason to believe that an October build won't slip into December or even early 2023?
I think this e-mail was fairly definitive on your build month. If they gave a specific month written confirmation, 95% chance it should not slip further. However, for anyone that got a vague "2023" build. Well.... that is a different story. Production planning is planned for at least 6 months into the future. They should have a very clear understanding of what suppliers can supply and when. Meaning they should know and have a clear production plan going into Feb 2023. If early depositors are saying you car will be produced in 2023 sometime, I can only assume they moving those production slots to other places ( N/A or China or Australia?)

Griggsy

Reaction score
Mines been delayed from September production to November (12th July deposit date).
I realistically think it won’t be until next year 😔

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think this e-mail was fairly definitive on your build month. If they gave a specific month written confirmation, 95% chance it should not slip further. However, for anyone that got a vague "2023" build. Well.... that is a different story. Production planning is planned for at least 6 months into the future. They should have a very clear understanding of what suppliers can supply and when. Meaning they should know and have a clear production plan going into Feb 2023. If early depositors are saying you car will be produced in 2023 sometime, I can only assume they moving those production slots to other places ( N/A or China or Australia?)
FWIW at Goodwood when I asked if I could unlock my spec (Sept build slot) they said yes but you’ll get a ‘sometime in 2023 slot estimate as we won’t have production schedule for next year until December.’ When I pressed them they said they would probably try and keep early deposit holders as priority, so I should be early in the year.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm guessing those earlier estimates were based on what they were being told by their suppliers, which unfortunately didn't happen, so their promises didn't happen. They need to stop doing that. Wait until you actually have all the parts, THEN issue a statement when a car will be built and delivered. No more promises based on promises you were given.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Also got mine so feel like mins slipped further as production now not until October so if this means I’m getting in November think I’ll kick it back as it’s just going to be sat in garage all winter - so disappointing May as well get a base model ???
Was thinking the same,they can kiss my arse for it being locked in for production

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
11th July 2021 Deposit and now a November build slot. Same spec as launch car with manual, sports, Cup 2's

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Agreed they have waited for a reason.
If these dates slipped then it would be brand suicide

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts