Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Don’t do it! The Emira is coming. Just hold on a little bit longer.

I checked the emira valuation page. If their figures are realistic I could drive it for the winter, switch in spring and it cost me almost zero! .

Theoretically my car was October, but without a doubt I’m November earliest give no cars are coming this month, and September is looking less likely every day that passes with the deafening silence that is the lotus comms machine.

A 4wd monster sounds like a good winter toy…

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It’s my 50th! I need instant (hang on I’ve been waiting 13 months?!) gratification!!

And who wants a 400hp rwd car in December?! It will just sit on my drive looking pretty until March….

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Don’t do it! The Emira is coming. Just hold on a little bit longer.
Perhaps, like the rest of us, our long suffer deposit holding friend is thinking a car from another motor manufacturer might actually turn up.🤔

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Perhaps, like the rest of us, our long suffer deposit holding friend is thinking a car from another motor manufacturer might actually turn up.🤔

Well I know a second hand one will turn up, and tide me over until the magic happens!

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It’s my 50th! I need instant (hang on I’ve been waiting 13 months?!) gratification!!

And who wants a 400hp rwd car in December?! It will just sit on my drive looking pretty until March….
Yes, my Emira will go into hibernation in the garage for the winter, if deliveries are much later in the year.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I checked the emira valuation page. If their figures are realistic I could drive it for the winter, switch in spring and it cost me almost zero! .

Theoretically my car was October, but without a doubt I’m November earliest give no cars are coming this month, and September is looking less likely every day that passes with the deafening silence that is the lotus comms machine.

A 4wd monster sounds like a good winter toy…
Do you have a link to the px valuation page?

Might need it as my gt4 appears to he going nowhere!

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well put. Quick question, do you still have the R8?
Sold her best car ever I’d had her for 3 glorious years and was in love ❤️ but I didn’t want to keep a car like that out of warranty. Then I bought the new M4 again a great car, sold it so now I’m car less ( other than hubby’s Discovery ) If I had known the Emira was going to be this much delayed I would of kept my car longer

Attachments

• 4B0A0102-BD7E-4542-BBE4-09303C3ACF8F.jpeg
    4B0A0102-BD7E-4542-BBE4-09303C3ACF8F.jpeg
    351.5 KB · Views: 55

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Sold her best car ever I’d had her for 3 glorious years and was in love ❤️ but I didn’t want to keep a car like that out of warranty. Then I bought the new M4 again a great car, sold it so now I’m car less ( other than hubby’s Discovery ) If I had known the Emira was going to be this much delayed I would of kept my car longer
Oh dear, you have a great taste in cars. Not sure that a Discovery is an ideal track car. I know the feeling of selling a great car you love. Same for me when I sold my S2 Elise 111S. I had many great adventures and track days in it. I miss that car. Thats why I am so looking forward to the Emira.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Here's how to manage the expectations: "We aren't going to say anything until we've built your car and are ready to ship it". There. There's your expectations, so don't be surprised or complain when they don't say anything.

Hey Lotus; stop making promises. Say nothing until you have customer cars ready to ship. You're damned if you make promises in order to try and communicate, and you're damned if you don't keep them or say anything more, so don't say anything. If people call, tell them "We'll notify you when we have your car ready to ship. We don't know when that's going to be at the present time. Thank you for your patience". You'll still get damned for saying that, but at least you won't get damned for making a promise you can't keep. Just focus on getting all the parts you need and getting cars built. Right now, that's all that really matters.

In case any Lotus people are reading this, thank you for creating the Emira in the first place. I know it's been a rough ride through the global storm that's going on, but I'm confident it's going to be worth the wait. When you get to an order from Park Place Lotus in Bellevue Washington, that was placed in April of this year for a V6 FE with manual, Dark Verdant with Tan leather interior, silver wheels, that's mine so please do your best when building it!

Except they haven't taken this approach. They told people at various stages over the last 12 months they'd provide different types of info and various updates. Then utterly failed to do what they promised. Repeatedly. Last autumn, before Christmas, in January, March, June and every week of the last 7 weeks.

If they'd just stayed silent we'd have shrugged and got on with other things. If they'd said we'll update you every 8 weeks and then done so, we've have been fine. But instead we get bait and switch. And inside Lotus there are people at various stages of frustration and annoyance because they want to tell customers more, but aren't being given the info or are being kept out of the loop. Customer Care have been trying to get an email out to UK Batch 1 for 5 weeks now, but it keeps being re-reviewed by "the factory".

Some of the situation is due to Covid, Russia/Ukraine, supply chains etc. But a far larger part is entirely due to Lotus and their chosen approach.

Last edited:

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Oh dear, you have a great taste in cars. Not sure that a Discovery is an ideal track car. I know the feeling of selling a great car you love. Same for me when I sold my S2 Elise 111S. I had many great adventures and track days in it. I miss that car. Thats why I am so looking forward to the Emira.
Yes I literally can’t wait it’s been a long old wait and I haven’t had a manual car for years and years. Really hoping car is great Fun as she has big shoes to fill - she needs to drive as good as she looks, as really don’t what I would then get if she doesn’t hit the mark ( as don’t want to be spending an arm and a leg as car will be purely for w/e toy. But she sounds good so that one tick in the box. Can’t wait to get a test drive.

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So, we are now well into August and, given the lack of an email update or any 30 day calls, it must mean that they still don't know for sure when they are going to have the parts to build the first batch of cars. That first batch for September delivery was, what, only about 140 cars, and this from a factory which is supposed to be ramping up to 5000+ a year? I wonder if they will they get anywhere near that figure in 2023?

I guess we are looking at October earliest now for the first batch. I am hoping for an Indian summer so I'll at least get a chance to run the car in before it gets tucked away for winter. And on a positive note, it still sounds like dealers will have demo cars fairly imminently, so a test drive might be on for later this month :)
6th august isn’t really well into the month.
When they get all the parts to complete and start shipping cars, they'll complete and start shipping cars. They'll let the people who's cars are complete know their cars are ready to be shipped. In the meantime, they're not communicating because there isn't anything solid or positive to communicate. As soon as there is, I expect we'll hear something. They're obviously being told things by their suppliers, that aren't happening as they were hoping. Passing that on to us through unfulfilled promises is worse I think, than if they just keep silent while working through all the difficulties.

This is the way it is right now. We all know this. Either hunker down, be patient until it gets sorted out, or save yourself the horror of it all, and cancel and go somewhere else. If you've already placed an order, contact Lotus and politely request to cancel due to the situation. I say POLITELY because I know from personal experience how employees react in giving concessions to customers who are nice and ask politely, versus those who rant and rave and use abusive language. You're far more likely to get your order cancelled by being polite and considerate (even if you don't feel that way) than by being hostile and abusive.

I would also like to respectively request that those of us in for the duration, not engage in the abusive rhetoric towards Lotus, its employees or management that I'm seeing in here. It's unnecessary and counter-productive. Let's keep the forum classy. It's currently THE premier forum for the Emira, and it would be nice if we could keep it that way.

Thank you.
I concur with you.