Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

GreenDeal

Reaction score
@TomE
Hello, I ordered the Emira with automatic transmission. Can you say something about how long it will take until the first cars are delivered to germany? Is late September 2022 realistic? Thank you in advance for your feedback.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@TomE
Hello, I ordered the Emira with automatic transmission. Can you say something about how long it will take until the first cars are delivered to germany? Is late September 2022 realistic? Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Mate no one knows anything, even Tom has no clue when his car is coming.

Actually come to think about it, even Lotus doesn’t know what Lotus is doing 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
@TomE
I can tell you, RHD cars are getting produced first, Lotus always had this plan, maybe Tom can confirm. I have both a RHD and LHD car on order. It would seem as if there is a 1-2 month gap between the two and then they will be produced in parallel. I am quite far up the queue on even the LHD car (originally september) and have been told by the EU sales head that the car will now be made in November at the moment, but could obviously change. November making, means at the earliest December delivery, registering etc. So for you to get your car in September, when virtually no UK cars will be delivered in September, is to my mind 99% impossible. Just to be realistic, but IMO even if you are one of the first German customres? you are looking at the end of the year, with luck.... sorry...

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I know someone who works on the V6 engines on production line in the factory.
He loosely keeps me up-to-date with certain things. Last week and this week has been the "two week summer shutdown" however some workers were offered double pay to stay in work to carry on certain production.
He's also sent me Pics of lines of nearly completed cars.
You are trying very hard to get your "friend" fired.

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Do you have a link to the px valuation page?

Might need it as my gt4 appears to he going nowhere!

its not a page in its own right so can't give you a direct link, but its in here:

scroll down, choose configure, then under the render of the car in the configurator, there's a monthly payment figure, which is clickable (although doesn't appear to be - great website design!).

If you then pick a finance product and click next, the second page allows you to enter px details and then there's valuation button at the bottom

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Didn't I read somewhere that Lotus have been on shut down for the last few weeks which I guess is why no communication has come from the factory?
Lotus comms is of course shocking but it might be a reason for total inactivity recently
Yes, their standard summer shutdown for two weeks. Think they’re back next week. That’s primarily for production staff but others will be off too. Customer Care are still working.

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It’s my 50th! I need instant (hang on I’ve been waiting 13 months?!) gratification!!

And who wants a 400hp rwd car in December?! It will just sit on my drive looking pretty until March….
I recall my Carrera 4S in the snow. The 4WD just laughed at me and spun all 4 wheels! I didn’t move far but had a giggle 🤣🤣🤣

But, enjoy it if you get it. Great cars, very practical too with the rear seats. In owned a couple over a 10 year period, not much to touch them really as special all rounders.

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’m at Brands Hatch today. Saw this in the merch shop. Made me chuckle, seems to have skipped the expensive rebrand. Available now though!

Attachments

• 0FA5A212-36F0-4618-BACD-8D8B45BE1FA7.jpeg
    0FA5A212-36F0-4618-BACD-8D8B45BE1FA7.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 86

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ok guys, so Lotus staff have had 2 weeks off, so presumably they will be itching to get back to Hethel to communicate with the long suffering deposit holders, get the cars built and then delivered to us. Right? Or am i having one of my deluded/optimistic moments? And in reality, it will be "as you were Lotus staff" And as you were "deposit holders" remain in the dark (verdant)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ok guys, so Lotus staff have had 2 weeks off, so presumably they will be itching to get back to Hethel to communicate with the long suffering deposit holders, get the cars built and then delivered to us. Right? Or am i having one of my deluded/optimistic moments? And in reality, it will be "as you were Lotus staff" And as you were "deposit holders" remain in the dark (verdant)
I was told on Friday the email to UK batch 1 people will be issued next week. I'm not holding my breath, as I've been told that every week for about 5 weeks now.

If they are delivering customer cars in September they need to start the 30 day calls in the next 2 weeks. And if they're delayed again and not delivering any cars in September, then the lack of 30 day calls is going to be pretty obvious and hence they need to get a communication out about further delays if that's the situation.

Although production staff have been on the annual shutdown, Customer Care and comms/PR, procurement and production schedulers have continued working and their input is what's needed for this update email.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I was told on Friday the email to UK batch 1 people will be issued next week. I'm not holding my breath, as I've been told that every week for about 5 weeks now.

If they are delivering customer cars in September they need to start the 30 day calls in the next 2 weeks. And if they're delayed again and not delivering any cars in September, then the lack of 30 day calls is going to be pretty obvious and hence they need to get a communication out about further delays if that's the situation.

Although production staff have been on the annual shutdown, Customer Care and comms/PR, procurement and production schedulers have continued working and their input is what's needed for this update email.
I think it's pretty clear at this stage Tom, deliveries will be October at the earliest (still not convinced with that either) 😏

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Based on what? I know there are 30+ part-built customer cars, just waiting for a handful of missing parts. It's possible they can get some out in September.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Yes Tom, i agree with all that. Im not counting on a 30 day email this month.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Based on what? I know there are 30+ part-built customer cars, just waiting for a handful of missing parts. It's possible they can get some out in September.
Won't these be dealer cars?

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yes Tom, i think that is our best hope. The missing parts coming in, and surely it can't take very long to fit them.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The lack of comms and reading between the lines...
Feel like I'm starting to understand the message without actually hearing it now!
Missing parts would have a inbound due date by now IF Sept cars were on the cards. And off back of that you would expect them to have updated us

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The lack of comms and reading between the lines...
Feel like I'm starting to understand the message without actually hearing it now!
Missing parts would have a inbound due date by now IF Sept cars were on the cards. And off back of that you would expect them to have updated us
I guess that's possible and the repeated delays and re-reviewing of the emails are because they've now got to advise more delays. But I'm trying to be optimistic, based on reports from non-Lotus people who have seen what's happening on site and info from a few UK dealers.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts