Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Did not Nero fiddle whilst Rome burned?

There is a vast difference between criticism and abuse.

The culture of any company is set by it's senior management.

Lotus cannot help the delays. We understand that. They can, however, communicate with their clientele to set expectations, whatever the problems might be.
Were you unaware of the current situation? Being new to the forum, you've used your first 6 posts to dump vitriol on the company.

Here's the communication; they'll let you know what's going on as soon as they know. Set your expectations based on that.

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I feel sorry for the first people who get their cars because if they aren't on the forum 24/7 for at least two weeks they are gonna literally get run out of here. Folks ready to turn into automotive cannibals. If you are scheduled to get your car first; Take off work, tell your wife and your dog that for two weeks you will be doing two things: Driving the damn car and answering questions on this forum. You see, I am in BASE camp so I am not sniffing a car for a while so I am willing to start manipulating those who are getting cars first because radio silence on the forum will not be allowed. Tell me about the wheel gap and tell me now.

Can't run out someone who isn't here :)

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Is Eagle 🦅 7 a Lotus employee 🤔🤨
Can someone please tell us when the Eagle 🦅 is landing or has it been lost in outer space 🪐 never to come home to Daddy 🚗 . Trouble is we’ve got to much time on our hands we’ve succumbed to typical British humour to help pass the time in the desert 🌵 of communication, as we should all be out riding for miles revving the …. Off our gorgeous Emiras and there all gonna look like brothers and sisters 👯‍♀️ On the road seen as Lotus didn’t give us enough colour choices & wheels 🛞 designs 😕
No I'm not an employee, however I'd like them to give a damn and care about the quality of the work they're doing when building our cars. If any of them read this forum, the tone and attitude on display here recently would not encourage or build up their morale. In fact, it might do just the opposite.

We all know what's been going on the last few months, so it doesn't make anything better by piling on the negativity.

Be civil, stay calm and carry on as it were.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Were you unaware of the current situation? Being new to the forum, you've used your first 6 posts to dump vitriol on the company.

Here's the communication; they'll let you know what's going on as soon as they know. Set your expectations based on that.
Really?

That’s pretty spiky as a response to that specific post and the small number of reasonable contributions from someone who already owns a Lotus and knows the history of the company and people who work there.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
All they need to do is manage expectations and keep to previous promises. If you say you're going to provide an update next week, provide an update next week or tell me you can't and re-set the timeframe. Don't repeatedly tell me I'll get an update, provide nothing, wait to be chased by me and then say sorry but you have no info and no idea about when you'll be able to provide it. And if you told me several months ago my car would be delivered in July and haven't contacted me at all since then to give an update on that, expect me to be a little bit disappointed now it's August.

The majority of us have been extremely patient and are well aware of some of the challenges going on in the world. We're sympathetic to Lotus and eager to get what we fully expect will be a brilliant car. But we're getting increasingly frustrated with being treated like Lotus don't care about us. There are dozens of people at Lotus who have jobs responsible for comms, PR, marketing and customer care and yet nothing seems to be happening.

Yes we can cancel. We can also express our frustration and highlight where we think Lotus are falling short. OK, so a lot of it is the same frustrations and causes of frustration we've seen for months, so some of the comments sound like a broken record. The point is, Lotus said they were going to get better and it appears nothing has improved.
Here's how to manage the expectations: "We aren't going to say anything until we've built your car and are ready to ship it". There. There's your expectations, so don't be surprised or complain when they don't say anything.

Hey Lotus; stop making promises. Say nothing until you have customer cars ready to ship. You're damned if you make promises in order to try and communicate, and you're damned if you don't keep them or say anything more, so don't say anything. If people call, tell them "We'll notify you when we have your car ready to ship. We don't know when that's going to be at the present time. Thank you for your patience". You'll still get damned for saying that, but at least you won't get damned for making a promise you can't keep. Just focus on getting all the parts you need and getting cars built. Right now, that's all that really matters.

In case any Lotus people are reading this, thank you for creating the Emira in the first place. I know it's been a rough ride through the global storm that's going on, but I'm confident it's going to be worth the wait. When you get to an order from Park Place Lotus in Bellevue Washington, that was placed in April of this year for a V6 FE with manual, Dark Verdant with Tan leather interior, silver wheels, that's mine so please do your best when building it!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Really?

That’s pretty spiky as a response to that specific post and the small number of reasonable contributions from someone who already owns a Lotus and knows the history of the company and people who work there.
Yeah really. I didn't see the reasonable part, just the trashing of Lotus and the people that work there in his small number (6) of posts thus far.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Now for those who say Lotus should not say / communicate anything until there is something to communicate, I also disagree.
Any relationship, even a business one like ours as customers with the provider Lotus is based on communication.
I would still be married if our communication was better, and if she didn't gain 20 kilos, wasnt unfaithful, an alcoholic and was a better time keeper, but the main thing is always communication.
A family relationship, any partnership, all and any relationships function by or are improved by good communication, EVEN if sometimes that communication is "pointless" and goes nowhere, its still communication, it still shows you care and mean something to the other side of the relationship.

I think we are all feeling as if we mean nothing to Lotus and thats a shame as its a negative in the relationship which should be a positive and this relationship should be nurtured so that we enjoy our Lotus experience (tomorrow) and that we talk about Lotus and recommend Lotus and buy from Lotus again.

Hence, Lotus do really need to pull their fingers out and start treating their customers as important parts in their plans as without us, they will fail and Hethel will lose its factory and jobs as Geeeeeeeleyyy will soon find out if customers and journalists are unhappy and they will not hesitate in shaking the whole thing up, its certainly what I would be doing.

Anyway, no more ribbing Lotus as I am now 10 mins away from there and looking forward to driving the damn EMIRA tomorrow !!!... Dont you guys ruin my day... telling me Hethel locals things Lotus is full of pitch fork farmers, or that Matt W could not get wet if he fell in a pond, I need positivity !!!...

Having said that, I for one will 100% write a polite but scathing email next week to said Matt W if no communication comes from lotus CS (coming soon) next week and I suggest everyone who complains on this forum (like me) does the same as complaining amongst ourselves maybe makes us feel better but it gets us nowhere, as we are nowhere. So lets take some small action and all get in touch with Lotus and not just to CS, be brave and go for the big guns.

Anyway soon time for bed as its a big full LOTUS DAY tomorrow. I'd say I cant wait, but from what I have heard its only about 1.5 hours in the cars during the 8 hours on site, which is a bit poor for 1000 squid, but hey ho, im here, may as well do it :).
(no, ive never been married)
I for one look forward to your in-depth and detailed review. If you get a chance, and it's allowed, turn on the KEF system and give us your impressions of what it sounds like. If one of the cars has actual production seats, sit in it if you can and tell us how they feel.

Have fun!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Here's how to manage the expectations: "We aren't going to say anything until we've built your car and are ready to ship it". There. There's your expectations, so don't be surprised or complain when they don't say anything.

Hey Lotus; stop making promises. Say nothing until you have customer cars ready to ship. You're damned if you make promises in order to try and communicate, and you're damned if you don't keep them or say anything more, so don't say anything. If people call, tell them "We'll notify you when we have your car ready to ship. We don't know when that's going to be at the present time. Thank you for your patience". You'll still get damned for saying that, but at least you won't get damned for making a promise you can't keep. Just focus on getting all the parts you need and getting cars built. Right now, that's all that really matters.

In case any Lotus people are reading this, thank you for creating the Emira in the first place. I know it's been a rough ride through the global storm that's going on, but I'm confident it's going to be worth the wait. When you get to an order from Park Place Lotus in Bellevue Washington, that was placed in April of this year for a V6 FE with manual, Dark Verdant with Tan leather interior, silver wheels, that's mine so please do your best when building it!
You do know this a luxury product that we are buying... and not your wife's first born don't you?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Here ya go. Something more uplifting. These are from another forum, but I snapshotted them because they're excellent and hopefully they'll help lift the mood around here.

Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 5.58.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 5.59.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 5.59.33 PM.png

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the first people who get their cars because if they aren't on the forum 24/7 for at least two weeks they are gonna literally get run out of here. Folks ready to turn into automotive cannibals. If you are scheduled to get your car first; Take off work, tell your wife and your dog that for two weeks you will be doing two things: Driving the damn car and answering questions on this forum. You see, I am in BASE camp so I am not sniffing a car for a while so I am willing to start manipulating those who are getting cars first because radio silence on the forum will not be allowed. Tell me about the wheel gap and tell me now.
So I fit the bill then. I will be booking the week off when I eventually get my car, and I will spending none driving time on the Forum.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Mate you are an absolute WANKER. I unblocked you for the last day and my god now I realise why I blocked your comments months ago. Don’t forget to collect your $200 when you pass go, I meant Lotus HO again. Have a nice life, back to blocking you.
No I'm not an employee, however I'd like them to give a damn and care about the quality of the work they're doing when building our cars. If any of them read this forum, the tone and attitude on display here recently would not encourage or build up their morale. In fact, it might do just the opposite.

We all know what's been going on the last few months, so it doesn't make anything better by piling on the negativity.

Be civil, stay calm and carry on as it were.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Mate you are an absolute WANKER. I unblocked you for the last day and my god now I realise why I blocked your comments months ago. Don’t forget to collect your $200 when you pass go, I meant Lotus HO again. Have a nice life, back to blocking you.
I rather suspect you come to the forum without signing on so you can see what I post, otherwise you wouldn't know about them if you've really blocked me. Oh, and if you really have blocked me, thank you. It saves me from having to block you and seeing your typically classless comments (like the one above) in the conversations I'm engaged in.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I for one look forward to your in-depth and detailed review. If you get a chance, and it's allowed, turn on the KEF system and give us your impressions of what it sounds like. If one of the cars has actual production seats, sit in it if you can and tell us how they feel.

Have fun!
this is the 1st thing I will be doing.. if it works and if they let me.... sure it should be possible.
however, I am no db expert, but i will give a laymans opinion on it..
unless i get too excited and forget everything I was going to do....

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
this is the 1st thing I will be doing.. if it works and if they let me.... sure it should be possible.
however, I am no db expert, but i will give a laymans opinion on it..
unless i get too excited and forget everything I was going to do....
Have an amazing day, enjoy 😀

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My grandad had one I found out the other day! (Not that I was banging on incessantly about the emira to anyone that would listen you understand 🙄)