Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
We need group therapy after living and surviving the complete trauma, stress and ordeal of ordering a car from Lotus 🪷 😵‍💫💆💆‍♀️
There will be plenty of meet ups once we have our cars. So a chance then for group therapy and a team hug!

In the meantime we're all here.

"Hi, I'm Tom, I'm an Emiraholic and it's 24 hours since I had my last fix (speaking to Lotus about delivery dates). I've tried the patches and going cold turkey but it doesn't work, what has everyone else tried?"

Ian C

Reaction score
Having purchased a used and a new Caterham, and a 2 year old S2 Elise with no problems at all. I was very excited to b

I am getting a flash back to 2010, when Danny Bahar

I am getting a flash back to 2010 when Dany Bahar launched 5 cars that was never going to make production

Thanks for the update , I thought Matt Windle was on these forums and you would think there would be a reaction to the unrest. I think the general view is its a fantastic car , its delayed like every other car and everyone is happy to wait but some kind of communication would be good. I registered for the newsletter but nothing ever seems to appear, , I'd settle for a once a month hi everyone this is what we are up to , even an regular insight into some part of the car anything other having to keep reading these ..nothing happening updates
I was told last week over the phone that an email would be sent out this week and that thursday was the preferred day for CS to send out such emails. I initially believed all I was told, including the extra months delay in receiving our cars, which many others doubted as they had been told something else.....I was later told elsewhere, out of CS that the email would be NEXT week, and at this point, as has been said before, you simply cant believe anything CS tell you as there is another phrase rhyming with "CS" that makes more sense....
Its beyond embarrassing that the head of this department cant get consistent answers out from their staff to the customers......
We await the mentioned and promised improvements at CS to start, I have yet to see any during the last 12 months up until this day and delayed parts are not the reason for this, far from it. Its simply communication between the heads of the department and their work at home staff, thats the starting point for consistency and then work from there onto giving actual information, be it firm or lose or best guess, but be consistent and constant and regular.... kind of like your bowel movements, which is another description for CS at this point.

So I have just emailed CS , saying I am looking forward to getting the car and understand the issues but that comms have been very poor . This is the gist of the reply

''We are working on sending out communication. This will be sent out shortly once the communication has been approved by the relevant teams. With the ever-changing aspects of production and supply, factory have been working hard to review all Emira orders so that we can provide accurate delivery estimations with this communication that is due to be sent. We were initially planning on sending out this communication shortly after Matt Windle's video update was released, however it needed to be reviewed, which prevented us from releasing it.

I sincerely apologise that there has been such a wait in us sending out this communication and the lack of information. I've sent your feedback on to senior management so that it can be taken into account and your opinion and other customers opinions are heard.

We are aiming for demonstrator vehicles to be at Lotus centres towards the end of this month'''

so no real additional info but lets hope they do take it on board , demos were planned to be next week or week after so looks like thats slipped as well

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So it's taken them 7 weeks to review the comms they were going to send out after the Matt Windle video?

As well as my other Lotus contacts, each week I ask LCC for an update on my delivery, either to let me know the latest on delivery month/date or tell me when I can expect information on that. Here is this week's reply:

"We will have more information to share with you shortly. I apologise for not having more to share with you, but we are expecting further updates soon."

Oh good, updates coming "soon".

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I do understand everyone's frustration. For me, I have no problem with what Lotus is or isn't doing. Ordering cars is new to me and once I understood the USA allocation model I just said, well, I hope I get a car. I then placed a deposit on a Porsche GT4 and a GR Corolla. I don't have a confirmed date for any of them but I am hoping one of them lands. I have enjoyed this forum for the last year but agree it's getting thin due to lack of comms and cars. However, I am here for the long haul pondering what threads I can start to stay entertained and hear from other enthusiasts. I have made this same post a least a half dozen times. I encourage everyone to just be frank, honest, and understanding. Lotus has experienced explosive growth, let's just hope that whenever the cars are delivered they are mostly problem free.

#LongLiveDV

JKP

Reaction score
Lotus Communications Department, hard at work...

Attachments

• Lotus PR Team.jpeg
    Lotus PR Team.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 36

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
We need group therapy after living and surviving the complete trauma, stress and ordeal of ordering a car from Lotus 🪷 😵‍💫💆💆‍♀️
Yes, and I will be joining. Will there be a shrink? Where do I sign up?

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I've literally bought 2 vehicles and sold one while waiting....still have my deposit in, but I'm gonna let all the guineas test it for me before deciding to move forward with my base deposit (whenever that will be...). Thank you to all the early adopters! I'm excited to hear your feedback!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
When they get all the parts to complete and start shipping cars, they'll complete and start shipping cars. They'll let the people who's cars are complete know their cars are ready to be shipped. In the meantime, they're not communicating because there isn't anything solid or positive to communicate. As soon as there is, I expect we'll hear something. They're obviously being told things by their suppliers, that aren't happening as they were hoping. Passing that on to us through unfulfilled promises is worse I think, than if they just keep silent while working through all the difficulties.

This is the way it is right now. We all know this. Either hunker down, be patient until it gets sorted out, or save yourself the horror of it all, and cancel and go somewhere else. If you've already placed an order, contact Lotus and politely request to cancel due to the situation. I say POLITELY because I know from personal experience how employees react in giving concessions to customers who are nice and ask politely, versus those who rant and rave and use abusive language. You're far more likely to get your order cancelled by being polite and considerate (even if you don't feel that way) than by being hostile and abusive.

I would also like to respectively request that those of us in for the duration, not engage in the abusive rhetoric towards Lotus, its employees or management that I'm seeing in here. It's unnecessary and counter-productive. Let's keep the forum classy. It's currently THE premier forum for the Emira, and it would be nice if we could keep it that way.

Thank you.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
When they get all the parts to complete and start shipping cars, they'll complete and start shipping cars. They'll let the people who's cars are complete know their cars are ready to be shipped. In the meantime, they're not communicating because there isn't anything solid or positive to communicate. As soon as there is, I expect we'll hear something. They're obviously being told things by their suppliers, that aren't happening as they were hoping. Passing that on to us through unfulfilled promises is worse I think, than if they just keep silent while working through all the difficulties.

This is the way it is right now. We all know this. Either hunker down, be patient until it gets sorted out, or save yourself the horror of it all, and cancel and go somewhere else. If you've already placed an order, contact Lotus and politely request to cancel due to the situation. I say POLITELY because I know from personal experience how employees react in giving concessions to customers who are nice and ask politely, versus those who rant and rave and use abusive language. You're far more likely to get your order cancelled by being polite and considerate (even if you don't feel that way) than by being hostile and abusive.

I would also like to respectively request that those of us in for the duration, not engage in the abusive rhetoric towards Lotus, its employees or management that I'm seeing in here. It's unnecessary and counter-productive. Let's keep the forum classy. It's currently THE premier forum for the Emira, and it would be nice if we could keep it that way.

Thank you.
All they need to do is manage expectations and keep to previous promises. If you say you're going to provide an update next week, provide an update next week or tell me you can't and re-set the timeframe. Don't repeatedly tell me I'll get an update, provide nothing, wait to be chased by me and then say sorry but you have no info and no idea about when you'll be able to provide it. And if you told me several months ago my car would be delivered in July and haven't contacted me at all since then to give an update on that, expect me to be a little bit disappointed now it's August.

The majority of us have been extremely patient and are well aware of some of the challenges going on in the world. We're sympathetic to Lotus and eager to get what we fully expect will be a brilliant car. But we're getting increasingly frustrated with being treated like Lotus don't care about us. There are dozens of people at Lotus who have jobs responsible for comms, PR, marketing and customer care and yet nothing seems to be happening.

Yes we can cancel. We can also express our frustration and highlight where we think Lotus are falling short. OK, so a lot of it is the same frustrations and causes of frustration we've seen for months, so some of the comments sound like a broken record. The point is, Lotus said they were going to get better and it appears nothing has improved.

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
All they need to do is manage expectations and keep to previous promises. If you say you're going to provide an update next week, provide an update next week or tell me you can't and re-set the timeframe. Don't repeatedly tell me I'll get an update, provide nothing, wait to be chased by me and then say sorry but you have no info and no idea about when you'll be able to provide it. And if you told me several months ago my car would be delivered in July and haven't contacted me at all since then to give an update on that, expect me to be a little bit disappointed now it's August.

The majority of us have been extremely patient and are well aware of some of the challenges going on in the world. We're sympathetic to Lotus and eager to get what we fully expect will be a brilliant car. But we're getting increasingly frustrated with being treated like Lotus don't care about us. There are dozens of people at Lotus who have jobs responsible for comms, PR, marketing and customer care and yet nothing seems to be happening.

Yes we can cancel. We can also express our frustration and highlight where we think Lotus are falling short. OK, so a lot of it is the same frustrations and causes of frustration we've seen for months, so some of the comments sound like a broken record. The point is, Lotus said they were going to get better and it appears nothing has improved.

Or we can make rude references.

‘‘Twas me milaud. I confess all.

Forgive me, it’s Friday a week before my 50th. My birthday present has cost 5k so far and I’ve no damn idea where it is, when it might arrive and my cork has finally popped!

Think I need a glass of something to calm the nerves….

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Well said, i think i can say your feelings are shared with the rest of us deposit holders.

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
‘‘Twas me milaud. I confess all.

Forgive me, it’s Friday a week before my 50th. My birthday present has cost 5k so far and I’ve no damn idea where it is, when it might arrive and my cork has finally popped!

Think I need a glass of something to calm the nerves….
Same here. I am mostly managing to laugh at myself for believing I would be safe to get the car by my late September birthday (was originally a July delivery).

But I think a bit of good old British moaning is more than acceptable on a forum about a sketchy British sports car company. Just keep it amusing!

1659725509509.jpeg