Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
With first deliveries to UK based customers due for July, with it now being mid-June, I wondered if anyone has yet received notification of a delivery date yet?

I myself have been informed of an August delivery and with how things have gone so far I presume it will be end of August at best.

Nevertheless, mega excited regarding the Emira and looking forward to its appearance on TopGear this weekend!

** Mod Edit **
Updated info as of 7/29/2022

Last edited by a moderator:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not yet for me and I've not seen anyone else saying yes yet. I was told by Lotus early last week that there would be an update this week to all July delivery people about the process. They also said I would be contacted in the next two weeks about final payment and delivery logistics on mine - I'm in the first 50.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My dealer just contacted me and told me that they wanted to give me a built date, but Lotus can't confirm anything yet due to missing parts, which might lead to further delays, also they are not yet confirmed. However Lotus has to reschedule all build slots the coming days.

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Not yet for me and I've not seen anyone else saying yes yet. I was told by Lotus early last week that there would be an update this week to all July delivery people about the process. They also said I would be contacted in the next two weeks about final payment and delivery logistics on mine - I'm in the first 50.
You reckon you are still on for July?

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My dealer just contacted me and told me that they wanted to give me a built date, but Lotus can't confirm anything yet due to missing parts, which might lead to further delays, also they are not yet confirmed. However Lotus has to reschedule all build slots the coming
My dealer just contacted me and told me that they wanted to give me a built date, but Lotus can't confirm anything yet due to missing parts, which might lead to further delays, also they are not yet confirmed. However Lotus has to reschedule all build slots the coming days.
You a July or August delivery? (at the moment)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You reckon you are still on for July?
That's what they said last week. Dealer demo cars are in-build at the moment. Waiting to hear from people doing the factory tour this week on whether customer cars have started build. They could start any time in the next 2-3 weeks and still hit July numbers, but 30 day comms needs to start this/next week to support that. Should be more news on several aspects this week.

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That's what they said last week. Dealer demo cars are in-build at the moment. Waiting to hear from people doing the factory tour this week on whether customer cars have started build. They could start any time in the next 2-3 weeks and still hit July numbers, but 30 day comms needs to start this/next week to support that. Should be more news on several aspects this week.
Interesting, big few weeks for Lotus and the first lot of customers who have been in from the start, hope for everyone they manage to deliver!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Exactly. Goodwood next week will be interesting...

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
30 day comms, business or calendar??

If dealer demo cars are being potentially built this week they could be out at the dealers beginning of July for early adopter test drives.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You a July or August delivery? (at the moment)
July was my first info, then delayed to September. Don't know what will happen now. I might get a bit of a problem, because I only wanted to register the car from March til October. 😄

switchlanez

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Lotus can't confirm anything yet due to missing parts, which might lead to further delays, also they are not yet confirmed.
I suspected exactly this in another thread. GM is building C8s missing standard equipment and Z06 price announcement is 2 months past due delaying orders which should have been taken for deliveries this later year. GM has been silent on this as well. Not speaking on behalf of suppliers about shortages seems to be industry-wide practice. Not Lotus-specific enough to justify calling them a clusterf*** pissing off customers.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Just heard back from my local dealer who has just come back from Hethel. He thinks they will be taking delivery early July, but that my car would be arriving at a similar time and so may not be of any use. I guess it depends now on whether customer cars are on time still or if they are going to slip a little.
He drove the car three weeks ago so has offered to at least discuss any concerns that i may have which is great.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Just heard back from my local dealer who has just come back from Hethel. He thinks they will be taking delivery early July, but that my car would be arriving at a similar time and so may not be of any use. I guess it depends now on whether customer cars are on time still or if they are going to slip a little.
He drove the car three weeks ago so has offered to at least discuss any concerns that i may have which is great.
So you mentioning, the gears, seat, steering wheel, suspension ride, dashboard display as concerns oh and the engine not revving to 7k rpm. Can't think of anything else that makes up a car ;)

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
So you mentioning, the gears, seat, steering wheel, suspension ride, dashboard display as concerns oh and the engine not revving to 7k rpm. Can't think of anything else that makes up a car ;)
:LOL: dont! I think I will really just be asking about gearshift and whether the RPM reduction is 100% agreed.

Then just a general "what did you honestly think?" They have driven more Lotuses than most on road and track so should have their own take on the latest reviews also, which would be nice to hear.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
:LOL: dont! I think I will really just be asking about gearshift and whether the RPM reduction is 100% agreed.

Then just a general "what did you honestly think?" They have driven more Lotuses than most on road and track so should have their own take on the latest reviews also, which would be nice to hear.
So as i thought some will be getting their cars on the same delivery conveyor as the dealer. Suppose you could stroke an Evoras gear shift to see if you enjoy that as the feeling will be pretty much the same. A Z3 2.8 i had twenty odd years ago had a bad shift from 2nd 3rd and i nearly always fluffed it or the gear knob end came off in my hand.. lol

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
So as i thought some will be getting their cars on the same delivery conveyor as the dealer. Suppose you could stroke an Evoras gear shift to see if you enjoy that as the feeling will be pretty much the same. A Z3 2.8 i had twenty odd years ago had a bad shift from 2nd 3rd and i nearly always fluffed it or the gear knob end came off in my hand.. lol
I think the weird thing about the shift from a reviewer perspective is the same people have said the last Evora shift was good. So don't know if anything has changed for the worse (you would think not) Or if its just because it's older now and doesn't compare to the very best. Either way just find it confusing and will only know if it works for me after I've taken delivery

Last edited: