2026 will be last year for Emira. Sad news.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My bet is the final edition will be a pumpped up AMG. The V6 will be retired in 2025. Toyota will stop producing it.
Don’t manufacturers produce parts for cars that are stopped for a min of 10 years?
I have a 1972 ex military Lightweight Land Rover that I nut and bolt restored 4 years ago. No one had made a rear tub (pick up bed and sides) for over 20 years and I was told all I can do is cut defective parts out and replace. I stripped it, drilled out the rivets, cut through the welds to separate the 26 parts. I then transferred the measurements to CAD and got a company to make each part out of new aircraft grade aluminium. Finally I rebuilt the tub and refitted it and the result was better thsan the new one. It was a similar thing for many part and the point I’m making is to show what can be done and it won’t be an issue keeping the V6 Emira going in good condition.
One thing I’m surprised with is the amount of people on this forum that are looking forward to the EV models when I thought a Lotus IC model forum would be pretty anti EV apart than for a runaround car.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
One thing I’m surprised with is the amount of people on this forum that are looking forward to the EV models when I thought a Lotus IC model forum would be pretty anti EV apart than for a runaround car.
The story of "Last lotus ICE car" is another reason a lot of us have waited 3 years. Personally, I'm not particularly excited about EV sports cars, I'm excited about the rare/exoticness that the Emira can potentially hold. If they make the car forever it will be oversaturated like Corvette or Porsche.

finny76

EMIRAAA
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So they got 2 years to:
• Deliver NA v6s
• Deliver i4s everywhere but China
• Deliver base models
• Release S, R and Final Editions (not going to happen)

I can’t help but think there are going to be a lot of disappointed customers out there.
My bet is the final edition will be a pumpped up AMG. The V6 will be retired in 2025. Toyota will stop producing it.
Fook... What about all those individuals who placed orders for the V6 with a 2025 delivery, only to discover that it's going to be discontinued right after they receive their vehicles? LOTUS are a big ClusterDuck!

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Fook... What about all those individuals who placed orders for the V6 with a 2025 delivery, only to discover that it's going to be discontinued right after they receive their vehicles? LOTUS are a big ClusterDuck!
Why would it matter if they made the V6 for 3 years and the 4 pot for another 2 years?
If you think about cars that have been discontinued they usually hold their value better. I sold my VW Scirocco R about 6 years ago and the person who bought it recently sold it for £5k more than he paid me. The equivalent Golf R lost money every year.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Why would it matter if they made the V6 for 3 years and the 4 pot for another 2 years?
If you think about cars that have been discontinued they usually hold their value better. I sold my VW Scirocco R about 6 years ago and the person who bought it recently sold it for £5k more than he paid me. The equivalent Golf R lost money every year.
Exactly, look at the 2015 viper (which was discontinued).

The original MSRP was $84K, now you can't find a used one for less than $115k

Joshbr32

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm still wondering about if NA will ever get the V6 Auto allocations 💀

SFChelseaFC

Reaction score
Sooo---if the Emira production is done by 2027, how many US cars will there be?
7000 is max yearly global production rate but they still arent operating at that rate last I heard. Let's assume 50% go to the US so 3500/yr. That said, V6 manual likely ends in 2025 (Toyota will stop producing the engine) so that will be pretty rare vs AMG cars. I'm estimate V6 manuals total ~3000-4000 in the US, maybe even less.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
7000 is max yearly global production rate but they still arent operating at that rate last I heard. Let's assume 50% go to the US so 3500/yr. That said, V6 manual likely ends in 2025 (Toyota will stop producing the engine) so that will be pretty rare vs AMG cars. I'm estimate V6 manuals total ~3000-4000 in the US, maybe even less.
i think it will be more in the US, we will get 3K this year alone. I think they will aim for 8-10K in us market.

V6 may end sooner in EU/UK due to emission taxes making it too costly. I really do hope they achieve 50K total Emira’s world wide before the end be of production, but it does not seem even close. Hoping for 30k + as best result. A healthy production number helps the aftermarket going and keeping the car on the road.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
i think it will be more in the US, we will get 3K this year alone. I think they will aim for 8-10K in us market.

V6 may end sooner in EU/UK due to emission taxes making it too costly. I really do hope they achieve 50K total Emira’s world wide before the end be of production, but it does not seem even close. Hoping for 30k + as best result. A healthy production number helps the aftermarket going and keeping the car on the road.
I totally agree with your healthy aftermarket comment. I don’t think we will have an issue with all the V6 Lotus cars already out there.
If I go for the JUBU built engine upgrade I will probably buy one outright and store my engine.

wallstbear

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It's looking increasingly like Geely is merely tolerating this pet project that is the Emira. They just want it to be over with so that the guys at Hethel can start building cars that "matter" to their vision of global electric car dominance.
Interestingly, the Emira seems more attractive than the Lotus EVs to many.