Guess last Emira to roll off production may be in 2028 (not 2026)

quote from today's pistonheads article:
The Emira’s fate is also not decided. Johnstone said that Lotus’s current plans were for it to have minimal overlap with the Type 135 that arrives in 2026, potentially being axed before the company reaches its 80th anniversary in 2028. Given the delays in getting it into production - and the fact the AMG-powered four-cylinder version hasn’t arrived yet - that would represent a very short lifespan for a new model. But he later admitted that the EU’s change to allow sales of new cars powered by so-called e-fuel to survive the combustion engine ban may provide an extension.
“I wouldn’t rule anything out, and that is definitely something that the engineering team is aware of,” he said, “one issue is always going to be different standards in different parts of the world, which is always bad for any lower-volume model, but our product plan is flexible enough to change based on legislation and customer demand. So I wouldn’t rule it out, but at the same time we expect to go fully electric beyond the [80th anniversary].”

Full article here...

Foxy87

Reaction score
Hope that is true and the emira will be produced longer than 2026. So more chances for faster versions to come. Time to save up I guess.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
They can keep producing the car for the rest of the world that still allow gasoline cars.

I feel the gasoline industry must be seeing the writing on the wall. Small time gas station owners need to plan their exit strategy. Soon enough people like us are going to complain about how far we have to drive just to get gas, and plan our road trips carefully to make sure there is a gas station along the way. Maybe the electric car charger stations will have a couple of pumps out back…

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ya...I'm not too worried about the gas vs electric thing yet. There is no way we can transition as fast as they want us to. Just ridiculous.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Ya...I'm not too worried about the gas vs electric thing yet. There is no way we can transition as fast as they want us to. Just ridiculous.
Yea, but never underestimate the drive from a politician looking to make a mark for him/herself spending tax payer's money.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts