2026 will be last year for Emira. Sad news.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If there is a possibility the Supercharged V6 ceases in 2025 it will certainly be a future collectible, especially with the manual gearbox.
With the issues dealing with heat in i4s I can’t see it is going to be that easy to get big power upgrades. The V6 if you have deep pockets will have the potential for 800hp+ upgrades.

J600net

Reaction score
A V8 spider and I’d sell my soul for it. 😜
Yup - just take my money now! They could do what Tesla Truck did and just £millions of deposits then wing it from there 🤓 - some cool renders online

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think they are holding of the spider / Cab version for electric type 135

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If there is a possibility the Supercharged V6 ceases in 2025 it will certainly be a future collectible, especially with the manual gearbox.
With the issues dealing with heat in i4s I can’t see it is going to be that easy to get big power upgrades. The V6 if you have deep pockets will have the potential for 800hp+ upgrades.

Not when you can’t get parts or service for it

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not when you can’t get parts or service for it
Companies like JUBU will be keeping these V6 engines going for decades. I know a company who are looking into producing high performance crankshafts for any car and the replacement rods, pistons and valves can be made to order as were the performance camshafts.
There are companies making parts for 1970s performance classic Mini engines so I wouldn’t worry about parts.
I will either be dead or not driving buy the time we can’t use these anymore 🤣

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Companies like JUBU will be keeping these V6 engines going for decades. I know a company who are looking into producing high performance crankshafts for any car and the replacement rods, pistons and valves can be made to order as were the performance camshafts.
There are companies making parts for 1970s performance classic Mini engines so I wouldn’t worry about parts.
I will either be dead or not driving buy the time we can’t use these anymore 🤣
If you think the average buyer/non forum user is going to believe that to the point it’s going to keep values strong I have a bridge to sell you. I don’t even know if JUBU has plans to stick around that long

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If you think the average buyer/non forum user is going to believe that to the point it’s going to keep values strong I have a bridge to sell you. I don’t even know if JUBU has plans to stick around that long
Agreed, no-one knows what the auto world will look like in 20 years from now... I just hope Lotus has a company takes a page from Porsche and allows for a classic division to strive!

TurboTambo

Reaction score
First mod i'll be making is removing the rear glass window and replacing with the vented carbon fibre panel.
I reckon this alone will make a big difference in cooling the i4. I think a 500hp i4 would be more than enough for most people and should be able to be kept 'cool' with the right mods.

drjazzsk

Reaction score
Me being new to Lotus, do they typically come out with new variants like S or R types etc that add more hp/torque etc? If so in what year of the product cycle do they come out? Or is this info already available? (for NA).

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Me being new to Lotus, do they typically come out with new variants like S or R types etc that add more hp/torque etc? If so in what year of the product cycle do they come out? Or is this info already available? (for NA).
There is no data that currently suggests they will outside of how previous cars were handled. But that being said, none of those cars were known to be the LAST gas-powered car either. And if they do come out with higher output variants, they may not be on a V6 manual and may only be on an i4 DCT. So me personally, if it doesn't come with a manual, it's not a higher end variant.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Kind of makes sense since Toyota themselves will stop producing the V6. I think the V6 with manual will be more desirable if effectively limited. I don’t mind.

The i4 may be faster just like the cayman 4 but if no manual it’s not even an option for me.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
First mod i'll be making is removing the rear glass window and replacing with the vented carbon fibre panel.
I reckon this alone will make a big difference in cooling the i4. I think a 500hp i4 would be more than enough for most people and should be able to be kept 'cool' with the right mods.
Out of curiousity I just photoshopped the JUJU Engine LId to see what it looks like without the wing. But yea the aftermarket will def make or break the Emira. Ending the production 2026 can be exciting if we ever get our cars.
1706752745735.png

Last edited:

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@lynchy73 - Any 0-60 vids over there in China?
I’m British, I just live here :)

My I4 is still being run in, done about 1000km, 600miles, so not much longer. It’s a dry weather weekend car for me.

Can’t see it hitting 3.5, maybe 4.0s. Will try it soon, but only have these iPhone apps and I never found they work that well fir acceleration less than 4s to 60mph/100kmh.