2.0T EMIRA will start manufacturing in July !!!

Good news for the long wait. Here it is:

2.0 news.jpg

Mod edit: Source confirmed

Last edited by a moderator:

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ve tried it a few times and nothing showing. Will try again before I give up lol
Last update 31st Jan stated August previous to that it was July so who knows. Get all excited and login with nothing showing FFS

Attachments

• IMG_1365.png
    IMG_1365.png
    205.1 KB · Views: 97

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Last update 31st Jan stated August previous to that it was July so who knows. Get all excited and login with nothing showing FFS
My iPad struggled but it worked on a desktop PC……

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Guys, can we trust a poster who goes by Matt? I’m hanging on by the skin of my teeth and can’t be hurt again.

vantager

Reaction score
I paid a reservation fee in Feb 2023 for an i4 after a test drive in a manual, and have been told q2/q3 2024 by CC. If that comes off I will consider myself very lucky! I have decided to wait for the i4 base configurator (July 2023?) to see if the 10k extra for FE is worth it (to me). If not, I will switch to i4 base immediately as switching to i4 base means a new queue to join apparently. I must say, as a lotus newbie, this whole process feels sub optimal to say the least.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I also received the I4 configurator invite email last week. I clicked the "Request your payment link" button which generated an empty email to customer support with the title "Lotus Emira configuration fee link request" but I've had nothing back since and the supposed deadline is end of today. I assume things are in hand but I thought it odd as no one else mentioned this step, just going straight into the configurator?

I've chased CS today to query next steps and also to ask when the deposits become non-returnable. I am happy to configure my spec but I don't want to commit without a test drive and ideally some early reviews. I placed my original £2K deposit in August 2021 and I still don't really have much of an idea on when it's likely to be ready.

fellman3

Reaction score
I also received the I4 configurator invite email last week. I clicked the "Request your payment link" button which generated an empty email to customer support with the title "Lotus Emira configuration fee link request" but I've had nothing back since and the supposed deadline is end of today. I assume things are in hand but I thought it odd as no one else mentioned this step, just going straight into the configurator?

I've chased CS today to query next steps and also to ask when the deposits become non-returnable. I am happy to configure my spec but I don't want to commit without a test drive and ideally some early reviews. I placed my original £2K deposit in August 2021 and I still don't really have much of an idea on when it's likely to be ready.
Had exactly the same experience this last week. Tried calling CS twice, selected call back but nobody has. Then tried Live Chat, no agents available. So called JCT600 who offered to phone Lotus and call me back, no call yet. Finally called into JCT600 who gave me an email address.
I’ve had better customer service!!
(14/7/21 deposit - i4 Base if I live longer enough)

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Had exactly the same experience this last week. Tried calling CS twice, selected call back but nobody has. Then tried Live Chat, no agents available. So called JCT600 who offered to phone Lotus and call me back, no call yet. Finally called into JCT600 who gave me an email address.
I’ve had better customer service!!
(14/7/21 deposit - i4 Base if I live longer enough)
How is it that CS is MIA on all fronts?
Lights out and even dealers left in the dark (as in Verdant).
Has all the headway been waylaid?
At least those doing factory tours report manufacturing activity.

Bertelli

Reaction score
I also received the 2nd deposit email last week - funny how Lotus have kept me waiting nearly 2 years, but I get an en email telling me to make payment within 5 days..
Anyway, I clicked the link but have not got a reply, so couldn't make the payment. Started a chat with Lotus earlier and was told to expect the link 'within a few minutes'. That was 4 hours ago. I'm now waiting to speak to them again but have obviously missed the deadline.
I've not paid attention to the negativity around the car but have not personally had any positive news from the company since day one. Trying REALLY hard to keep myself out of the cancelled order thread...

0pirates0

Reaction score
Latest update: my sales rep just told me my July-delivered emira might slide to Sep or Oct & Lotus Wuhan had sent some employees to Lotus UK to checkout the reasons.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I saw a bunch of 2.0 i4s at Hethel a few days ago, all production and badged Lotus NYO. Hearing great things about the i4, handling and performance and no cooling issues as rumored. I'm currently a V6 owner, tempted to put a deposit on an i4 now, though super happy with the V6.

oh yes and the i4 is quicker to build than the V6 since the engine and DCT goes straight in, vs the V6 that needs a lot of stripping down and modification.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I saw a bunch of 2.0 i4s at Hethel a few days ago, all production and badged Lotus NYO. Hearing great things about the i4, handling and performance and no cooling issues as rumored. I'm currently a V6 owner, tempted to put a deposit on an i4 now, though super happy with the V6.

oh yes and the i4 is quicker to build than the V6 since the engine and DCT goes straight in, vs the V6 that needs a lot of stripping down and modification.
Great info. Adds even more to my thoughts that the V6 manual Emira is on its way out by 2025/26 I'm afraid. (v6 replaced by Type 135?)

I think this i4 powertrain if done correctly will be very impressive performance wise when cranked up in the "s" and "r" variants. Even it base format will surely be very quick car.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Great info. Adds even more to my thoughts that the V6 manual Emira is on its way out by 2025/26 I'm afraid. (v6 replaced by Type 135?)

I think this i4 powertrain if done correctly will be very impressive performance wise when cranked up in the "s" and "r" variants. Even it base format will surely be very quick car.
Would that mean no S and R manual transmission? Ugh

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Would that mean no S and R manual transmission? Ugh
I personally don’t think so. Obviously I don’t really know. But with them being so behind and with so many orders to fulfill I don’t think they are going to re certify the V6 for more power. I don’t even know if it could pass emissions in 2025 with a power upgrade. Looks like i4 will be the one to get upgraded versions going forward. IMO

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Lotus has a 2+ year order backlog and is trying to switch to an entirely EV lineup. I continue to be confused by people’s faith in upcoming S/R variants. What’s the motivation for Lotus? They’re already selling more than they can build.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Lotus has a 2+ year order backlog and is trying to switch to an entirely EV lineup. I continue to be confused by people’s faith in upcoming S/R variants. What’s the motivation for Lotus? They’re already selling more than they can build.
Faith is all we have. Doesn't cost us much either. ⛪️ ☮️ ❤️

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not sure if this is already known, something I learnt at Lotus last week. The i4 is only 35kg lighter than the V6. However the aluminium rear subframe and DCT up front is what gives it better balance than the V6.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Projects like this sometimes have momentum. If it was already planned, then it will continue until there is a reason to terminate it. Also, I believe it will be a point of pride for the enthusiasts in Lotus. Geely can also tell them to stop, which is a possibility if the leadership there loses patience and believe the S/R models to be a pointless distraction.