2.0T EMIRA will start manufacturing in July !!!

Good news for the long wait. Here it is:

2.0 news.jpg

Mod edit: Source confirmed

Last edited by a moderator:

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Projects like this sometimes have momentum. If it was already planned, then it will continue until there is a reason to terminate it. Also, I believe it will be a point of pride for the enthusiasts in Lotus. Geely can also tell them to stop, which is a possibility if the leadership there loses patience and believe the S/R models to be a pointless distraction.
Based on the recent press release for South Korea getting a relaunch and Emira deliveries in Q1 2024 I’d say North America is a pointless distraction for Geely. I have no right to be mad, not my company. I can be sad though.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Based on the recent press release for South Korea getting a relaunch and Emira deliveries in Q1 2024 I’d say North America is a pointless distraction for Geely. I have no right to be mad, not my company. I can be sad though.
Yeah, in the end, it's just business. I do have to be cognizant that sometimes my customers take my actions personally. I have to use subtle reminders that I am neither their friend nor their enemy.

2BIG2FAIL

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Maybe I am missing this, but have those who have locked in a build been quoted a price?

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Maybe I am missing this, but have those who have locked in a build been quoted a price?
A confirmed original FE build ( read pre-reveal deposit) will have the lower price. That’s it. New dealer FE confirmed orders will be on the order form; should be the higher price as that was addressed in a release a while back. I deposited at MSRP + $995.00 to cover dealer prep and to confirm no additional mark-up but that’s it. I’ll just pay whatever is on the sticker.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’ll just pay whatever is on the sticker

so u say
My dealer said so as well. They have a reputation in the car community. It’s worth way more than trying to milk a few extra bucks from what is likely less than 50 Emira’s per year. If you’re worried about your dealer hosing you, find another.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score

The build sheet submitted had an MSRP with my selected options. The dealer told me I would pay "whatever is printed on the sticker from the factory."

2BIG2FAIL

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The build sheet submitted had an MSRP with my selected options. The dealer told me I would pay "whatever is printed on the sticker from the factory."
Yes, but AFAIK, all of the build sheets in the US are for the v6, was wondering about the i4. I am assuming some of the UK guys who got moved on to the next stage got quoted a MSRP? Wanted to see what the price settled to so I can try to back into US price.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Yes, but AFAIK, all of the build sheets in the US are for the v6, was wondering about the i4. I am assuming some of the UK guys who got moved on to the next stage got quoted a MSRP? Wanted to see what the price settled to so I can try to back into US price.
I am not sure if there is a reliable way to do that. Lotus has made it abundantly clear that they intend to shaft the US buyers. Because they can. This is why they added the huge price increase even though US to GBP exchange rates have become much more favorable.

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am not sure if there is a reliable way to do that. Lotus has made it abundantly clear that they intend to shaft the US buyers. Because they can. This is why they added the huge price increase even though US to GBP exchange rates have become much more favorable.
They also added upper black pack as an option now.. It cost 1400 for the option and 530 dollar for the alcantara steering wheel. You're not wrong when they're trying to squeeze US

1685602220927.png

1685602366981.png

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
They also added upper black pack as an option now.. It cost 1400 for the option and 530 dollar for the alcantara steering wheel. You're not wrong when they're trying to squeeze US

View attachment 27286

View attachment 27288
Its always been an option. I picked black pack and Alcantara with a yellow stripe, had to pay for them all as extras. Had to pay more for auto version too.

2BIG2FAIL

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

My logic is that I can back into a rough price by calculating the USD price of the v6 as converted from GBP and then decide what the premium is charged to U.S. buyers based on US builds that have been locked with a price quoted. Then, I can convert the price for those with a UK I4 build to USD and apply a similar premium to that charged on the V6. I understand its not an exact approach, just more so curious where the I4 is trending for US customers.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the i4 buyers who were originally attracted to the Emira may be priced out if/when it creeps closer to $90-100k and a lot of buyers will be shocked when their base spec with options add up that high.

2BIG2FAIL

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think the i4 buyers who were originally attracted to the Emira may be priced out if/when it creeps closer to $90-100k and a lot of buyers will be shocked when their base spec with options add up that high.

I'd by shocked if the base spec i4 hits 100 given that the updated V6 FE 2.0 is ~105k. I am mentally accounting for $85k OTD with mid-tier options for the I4, but maybe I will be proven wrong.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'd by shocked if the base spec i4 hits 100 given that the updated V6 FE 2.0 is ~105k. I am mentally accounting for $85k OTD with mid-tier options for the I4, but maybe I will be proven wrong.

I guess that depends what you might call mid tier, amg base price was going to be $77,100 before taxes and destination fees and before the FE price increase of ~$9,600.

Even if say the price increase of the AMG is only say $5K (it’s going to be more), and you only get $3K in options (on the low tier). With $2K destination fees and 7.25% tax in Los Angeles, you’re looking at $93.6K OTD plus probably about a grand or so in registration.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
But when a Golf is €76k...

I'm trying to also accept inflation. 100k for a car sounds like a lot but it's really not that crazy nowadays. Only bad thing is that salaries don't increase with inflation...

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I guess that depends what you might call mid tier, amg base price was going to be $77,100 before taxes and destination fees and before the FE price increase of ~$9,600.

Even if say the price increase of the AMG is only say $5K (it’s going to be more), and you only get $3K in options (on the low tier). With $2K destination fees and 7.25% tax in Los Angeles, you’re looking at $93.6K OTD plus probably about a grand or so in registration.
I’m worried about the California regulations and the option to open the valves like on the demo car I drove. As far as I know that’s illegal in Cali but Lotus doesn’t make a TX vs Ohio vs California version

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m worried about the California regulations and the option to open the valves like on the demo car I drove. As far as I know that’s illegal in Cali but Lotus doesn’t make a TX vs Ohio vs California version

That’s irrelevant to this post youre quoting about price, and you don’t even know what the AMG sounds like, nobody really does.

vantager

Reaction score
https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=GBP seems to show the USD weakening vs GBP over the past year, so at spot rates, it would take more USD to buy the same amount of GBP. Would have thought a car company would hedge in any event, but thats a guess!