2.0T EMIRA will start manufacturing in July !!!

Good news for the long wait. Here it is:

2.0 news.jpg

Mod edit: Source confirmed

Last edited by a moderator:

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
It's been known for a LOOONG time that the I4 in China is 400HP. Even before Lotus unveiled the official numbers on their Chinese website, the first wave of reviews mentioned 400HP in no uncertain terms. Not one reviewer but all of the reviewers mentioned 400HP. This was pointed out and dismissed as "lost in translation". And then Lotus put the 400HP figure on their official Chinese website. It's pretty certain that the I4 in China will have 400HP.

Unless Lotus changed their mind.

0pirates0

Reaction score
It's been known for a LOOONG time that the I4 in China is 400HP. Even before Lotus unveiled the official numbers on their Chinese website, the first wave of reviews mentioned 400HP in no uncertain terms. Not one reviewer but all of the reviewers mentioned 400HP. This was pointed out and dismissed as "lost in translation". And then Lotus put the 400HP figure on their official Chinese website. It's pretty certain that the I4 in China will have 400HP.

Unless Lotus changed their mind.
rumors in Chinese forums said:
1. it was a translation or conversion mistake;
2. the 400 hp is the limited edition in China.
but who knows. Only 2 months from the first delivery in China and there will surely be reviews after July

0pirates0

Reaction score
So, no more imports from Lotus-UK until the Type 135?
the oder of i4 will be re-open in late June or July. And the delivery of the order will start at the end of 2024 which indicate that Lotus is going to produce all current i4 models before 2025.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
rumors in Chinese forums said:
1. it was a translation or conversion mistake;
2. the 400 hp is the limited edition in China.
but who knows. Only 2 months from the first delivery in China and there will surely be reviews after July

It makes perfect sense that the I4 Emira was designed to be 400HP on release because V6 was not originally intended to be released in China. The I4 in China will almost certainly be significantly faster than the V6 version.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just had a look at changing my spec and the configurator does not have the new colours yet. Was not going to change to a new colour but I had been advised that I would be able to.

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've also received the same e-mail today. What production date estimates have you been given previously? (the latest info I was sent was Q1 2024)
And @Cutting42, same here, no new colours on the spec lock-in configurator, though I'm still set on DV anyway.

ChrisJ

Reaction score
Just had a look at changing my spec and the configurator does not have the new colours yet. Was not going to change to a new colour but I had been advised that I would be able to.
I can't even get into the change configuration page, lol, it just hangs. Will try again tomorrow.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've also received the same e-mail today. What production date estimates have you been given previously? (the latest info I was sent was Q1 2024)
And @Cutting42, same here, no new colours on the spec lock-in configurator, though I'm still set on DV anyway.

I was Sept 23 production date July 8th 2021 original order

CraigO

Reaction score
Same for me, I was possibly going to move to a new colour but none are showing. I tried a web chat with CSD, but they were not sure, on why they are not available and will get back in touch with me. Told I need to confirm by the 8th May so I hope they get back quickly.

ChrisJ

Reaction score
Same for me, I was possibly going to move to a new colour but none are showing. I tried a web chat with CSD, but they were not sure, on why they are not available and will get back in touch with me. Told I need to confirm by the 8th May so I hope they get back quickly.
Interested to know the answer to this one. Exciting though after such a long wait..

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
i4 locked (again! I originally did this in April 2022) and loaded for August build - not interested in a new colour but they don’t show for me either……

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ve just gone on link and updated my details but now stuck. Doesn’t show any vehicles??? Any ideas guys

Attachments

• IMG_1364.png
    IMG_1364.png
    47 KB · Views: 23

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ve just gone on link and updated my details but now stuck. Doesn’t show any vehicles??? Any ideas guys
Mine was there - I would suggest a chat with LCC at 10am tomorrow if you’ve had your invite to config email…..

Last edited:
Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts