Windscreen misting and demisting

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking back at this pic and wondering if any other vehicle has such a small center windshield vent like the Emira does..? I recall one of our early owners mentioning how the windshield fogs up fairly easily. I wonder how efficient this vent is to defog/frost when needed. Maybe @ott or @shaank or @1stczechemira can chime in with their experience...

full

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looking back at this pic and wondering if any other vehicle has such a small center windshield vent like the Emira does..? I recall one of our early owners mentioning how the windshield fogs up fairly easily. I wonder how efficient this vent is to defog/frost when needed. Maybe @ott or @shaank or @1stczechemira can chime in with their experience...

Mine fogged a lot on the day I got it (very rainy) and has been fogging less the more I've driven it so it might have just been due to the doors opening etc during handover to explain things while raining and now it is drying out.

I can say though that once the car is warmed up it cleared almost instantly, when the car is cold it is still pretty quick, I'd say quicker than my other cars from what I've seen so far.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score

full

well I think you have got the solution right there...... before your eyes....... no windowscreen.. no fogging, Lotus are good engineers, im telling you 👌

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That isn't the air vent it's the speaker vent. If you put the music on loud you can feel slight bass on that vent.

Mark.

Reaction score
Screen kept misting on my test drive. Be interesting to hear how this pans out as more miles go on cars...