Emira Issues - from final production cars

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi All,

My car is only 1 week old. It is May 2023 build. Creaking of the steering when at stationary (coming out of parking/parking) and at very low speed steering- this maybe covered in previous topic. See video below

Is it due to the:
1) chassis
2) tyre
3) suspension (I’m on tour)
4) something serious I should be really worried about?

Thanks all

If it isn't just Ackerman effect during low speed manuevering, could be steering pump (unsure if that known issue was resolved by the time yours was built) ... worth getting the dealer to check the fluid level etc.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Australian cars , but more issues.
The windshield wiper issue is definitely not news but I hadn't heard of the others. I'm not sure how embellished the story is vs. what the actual safety hazards are, but judging by the dismissive nature of the Emira's value vs. the GTS 4.0 at the end of the article, I'd wager that this guy is a Porsche fanboy and painted Lotus in the worst possible light here. Just my 02 cents without knowing much about the rest of the context.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The windshield wiper issue is definitely not news but I hadn't heard of the others. I'm not sure how embellished the story is vs. what the actual safety hazards are, but judging by the dismissive nature of the Emira's value vs. the GTS 4.0 at the end of the article, I'd wager that this guy is a Porsche fanboy and painted Lotus in the worst possible light here. Just my 02 cents without knowing much about the rest of the context.
They're all known issues in the UK and have been for some months.....

Martylemoo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
2 days in of ownership, Airbag light on when I moved the seat, ESC light, Brake warning take to service and Parking Brake issue and car won’t start.
I assume these are all the common ones?
Take to dealer to get the latest update removed? Or just battery off for a bit?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
2 days in of ownership, Airbag light on when I moved the seat, ESC light, Brake warning take to service and Parking Brake issue and car won’t start.
I assume these are all the common ones?
Take to dealer to get the latest update removed? Or just battery off for a bit?
How are you in San Diego and "2 days in of ownership"? Has the Emira received CARB (California Air Resource Board) certification so it can legally be sold in the U.S. now?