❔ QUESTION Cracked windscreen

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I took my car in for its first service at Hendy Southampton yesterday, my windscreen has a stress fracture in the inner laminate in the centre at the top of the screen passing down and around the sensor hole. The service guy said I had just missed another owner come in with the same problem (also exact nimbus specs), what are the chances of that ? Anyone else have the same issue?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I took my car in for its first service at Hendy Southampton yesterday, my windscreen has a stress fracture in the inner laminate in the centre at the top of the screen passing down and around the sensor hole. The service guy said I had just missed another owner come in with the same problem (also exact nimbus specs), what are the chances of that ? Anyone else have the same issue?

Interesting.. I recall another owner posting about something very similar a month or so ago.. Wonder if this is a design flaw.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Does yours look like this?

OP
V

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yep exactly the same position, that's three I'm aware of now, from my understanding both the Southampton reports from Friday are being referred back to Lotus for warranty authorisation to replace the screen, lets wait an see what comes back

OP
V

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yep exactly the same position, that's three I'm aware of now, from my understanding both the Southampton reports from Friday are being referred back to Lotus for warranty authorisation to replace the screen, lets wait an see what comes back
I will get a photo of mine and upload it tomorrow

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad we're getting these documented. Sourcing windshields for Lotus vehicles have been known to take quite a long time, so hopefully this doesn't turn into a recall. I'll merge reports into a single thread if we have any more similar incidents posted here.