❔ QUESTION Emira windscreen a Ferrari part?

Simon

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
After a truck dumped a whole load of gravel on the road in front of me, I collected 4 windscreen chips in one go and some are so close together they are not repairable, so now my Emira windscreen is being replaced. The team at Autoglass ordered the screen 3 times incorrectly (over the period of 5 weeks now) before finally getting the right one in stock. They explained the mix up saying that the screen is a Ferrari part and that they kept getting shipped one with a space for a camera (which obviously the Lotus doesn’t have).

But it’s left me intrigued - does anyone know if the screen is a part in common with a Ferrari? And if so, which one? I’m just curious now!

(And also word of warning - if you end up needing a new screen from Autoglass, make sure they have DEFINITELY ordered the right one!) 😊

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Anyone with a car should be able to get the SKU / item id from the margin I think. Search from there?

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m not sure that I want to remind myself of what I went through, but have a read here @Simon

Post in thread 'Emira Issues - from final production cars'
https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/emira-issues-from-final-production-cars.2190/post-102482

If you haven’t had yours fitted yet, some helpful hints.

There are 2 versions of the Emira screen, the non-camera one that we all have and one with a triangular gap in the black paint where an adas camera would go if it was available.
One of the four Autoglass ordered for me was an adas version.

First I’ve heard of it being a Ferrari part, probably more Autoglass bollocks, but anything’s possible I suppose.

SirSoysauce

Reaction score
I’m not sure that I want to remind myself of what I went through, but have a read here @Simon

https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/emira-issues-from-final-production-cars.2190/post-102482

There are 2 versions of the Emira screen, the non-camera one that we all have and one with a triangular gap in the black paint where an adas camera would go if it was available.

First I’ve heard of it being a Ferrari part, probably more Autoglass bollocks, but anything’s possible I suppose.

It was never clear to me, but did the Lotus NYO cars receive ADAS on their vehicles? If so, it makes me wonder if we'll have more of those safety features in the i4 Emiras. I'd be nice to have blind-spot warning on a V6 Emira.

SirSoysauce

Reaction score
I really doubt it... but following this thread for confirmation. I can't even find a part number for the oem glass. Maybe one of our resident sleuths can.... @kitkat @Porter??

Please correct me if I'm wrong but, if it's a Ferrari glass, wouldn't that make it pretty expensive? My baseline assumption comes from the fact that for a McLaren MP4-12c, replacement windshields can cost about $6,000 and take 6 months to get a replacement windscreen. I'd like to assume Emira windshields will obviously be a lot less and not have as long of a wait.

SirSoysauce

Reaction score
After a truck dumped a whole load of gravel on the road in front of me, I collected 4 windscreen chips in one go and some are so close together they are not repairable, so now my Emira windscreen is being replaced. The team at Autoglass ordered the screen 3 times incorrectly (over the period of 5 weeks now) before finally getting the right one in stock. They explained the mix up saying that the screen is a Ferrari part and that they kept getting shipped one with a space for a camera (which obviously the Lotus doesn’t have).

But it’s left me intrigued - does anyone know if the screen is a part in common with a Ferrari? And if so, which one? I’m just curious now!

(And also word of warning - if you end up needing a new screen from Autoglass, make sure they have DEFINITELY ordered the right one!) 😊
If you don't mind me asking, did they tell you how much a replacement windscreen will be?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to assume Emira windshields will obviously be a lot less and not have as long of a wait.

It may be less expensive, but I've heard horror stories about Lotus windshield replacements in the past. Sometimes taking many months to source one.

This was one of my biggest fears.. taking delivery and then having a rock crack the windshield on the way home and being unable to get it through inspection in my state. Or having a track day scheduled and having to miss it due to a crack I couldn't get repaired in time.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I really doubt it... but following this thread for confirmation. I can't even find a part number for the oem glass. Maybe one of our resident sleuths can.... @kitkat @Porter??
🕵️‍♂️

Prices plus 20% UK VAT.
Less than I was quoted when I was having mine done.
It was supposedly £1632 +vat last summer.
Seems Lotus parts prices are as random as all their other promises.

IMG_0194.jpeg

Last edited:

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can someone take a photo of the marks on the corner of the glass?

I would take a photo of my own car, but it's in for paint correction and PPF at the moment.

OP
Simon

Simon

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Ergh you had it worse than me! I thought three was bad.
Yes same problem with the spec of the screen (how did it take so long for them to realise?!) and yes also the same with fitting, the guy commented that it was a fiddly job with the DAB connector. All done and working ok now thankfully.

• Winner
Reactions: KJD

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have not been able to cross-reference the Fuyao M6044 or the EU registration number 43R-017706 against any other vehicles.

That's not to say that it isn't, maybe the ADAS version of the windshield is used in other cars and the "outlier" is this V6 FE windshield without a modern camera port.