Emira Issues - from final production cars

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Some interesting observations posted on 'Hethel to South of France' thread by a new owner which I thought I would share on here.
According to Lotus factory collection -
1. the best way to avoid gremlins is to drive it lots as soon as possible;
2. advised to keep the KEF audio at half volume (controlled through the main settings) to allow the system to bed in;
3. avoid cruise control and running in using ‘sport’ mode also advised.
Did anyone else receive this info upon collection or delivery?
Never thought to break in speakers before but it appears the sound system requires 30 hours minimum to reach potential. I didn’t even know that was a thing.

Others have mentioned that some of the systems have a separate battery that needs to charge so a few hours of driving on day one may support that.

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Never thought to break in speakers before but it appears the sound system requires 30 hours minimum to reach potential. I didn’t even know that was a thing.

Others have mentioned that some of the systems have a separate battery that needs to charge so a few hours of driving on day one may support that.
Good to know! I use mine as a daily driver and so far haven't had any of the production issues reported on this forum, thankfully!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
There's a long discussion about stereo system break in procedures and if they're actually needed in one of our KEF threads.

The avoiding cruise control is suggested for proper engine break-in. You don't want to hold the same rpm or speed for a long time at first. You want to keep it under certain rpms for the first thousand miles (I think it's under 4000-4500 rpms) and also change gears frequently to change up the rev range during long trips. You're not going to hurt the car by going on a 30 minutes ride home at 60 mph, but it's a good idea to break it up into different speeds and gears throughout long trips during the first couple thousand miles.

Roland

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There's a long discussion about stereo system break in procedures and if they're actually needed in one of our KEF threads.

The avoiding cruise control is suggested for proper engine break-in. You don't want to hold the same rpm or speed for a long time at first. You want to keep it under certain rpms for the first thousand miles (I think it's under 4000-4500 rpms) and also change gears frequently to change up the rev range during long trips. You're not going to hurt the car by going on a 30 minutes ride home at 60 mph, but it's a good idea to break it up into different speeds and gears throughout long trips during the first couple thousand miles.
I had never heard of breaking speakers before! KEF website has an interesting article see link below:

Roland

clonalejandro

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In mine I am having the "Auto hold" warning intermittently

and also some white spots on the plastic piece next to the door, as if the plastic had deteriorated

1692717449679.png

clonalejandro

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It is also true that sometimes when braking hard I hear plastic sounds from the area under the steering wheel, it happens inside, in the area of my seat, I don't know if it happens to someone else.

tombuckley91

Reaction score
@TomE - both myself and @Wonza have identical first start stalling issues. No resolution on this yet but I’ll make sure to feed it back here if I can! My Emira is a V6 FE manufactured in June/July. Stalls after being left overnight on first start, and then fires up fine the second time around. Apparently caused by the lack of fuel priming and supposedly due to be fixed by software. Thank you for this thread 🙏

Edit - also affected:
@EmiraHK

Just an update on this, I’m currently at 1200 miles, the last 2 times the car has started but desperately wanted to die, I’d have shot it in the back of the head if it was a dog it sounded so bad. The gearbox grind / grumble has reduced significantly since lower mileage, not entirely gone, but greatly improved.

The car had the Milltek exhaust w/ OBF delete installed on the weekend and it now sounds absolutely furious, recordings do not do it justify, but I’ll endeavour to put something together for you guys.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
In mine I am having the "Auto hold" warning intermittently

and also some white spots on the plastic piece next to the door, as if the plastic had deteriorated

View attachment 30669
The plastic is a new one for me. Any chance you could upload a video of the plastic? From a still image it's hard to tell what's just a reflection.

danmessy

Reaction score
Just wanted to report I had a TPMS indicator flash for ~1min then go solid (at around 600-700km from memory). This was cleared by my local dealer a few days later, and an update installed a couple weeks ago.

I went away, on return the car had been sitting, the warning light remained off for a few days. After a couple of hundred more km's the TPMS indicator returned, again flashing for 1 min to indicate system error, and then goes and stays solid.

All 4x sensors are giving me readings on every drive which are in line with recommended PSI (and they vary as the drive goes on)- they always have worked, never has there mean a missing reading / error.

I cannot figure out how to manually configure the sensors to calibrate them again?

I have emailed by dealer again, but I think its a bit frustrating to have to be returning there to get a light cleared constantly.

I would be grateful for any ideas.

Just an update on this, I’m currently at 1200 miles, the last 2 times the car has started but desperately wanted to die, I’d have shot it in the back of the head if it was a dog it sounded so bad. The gearbox grind / grumble has reduced significantly since lower mileage, not entirely gone, but greatly improved.

The car had the Milltek exhaust w/ OBF delete installed on the weekend and it now sounds absolutely furious, recordings do not do it justify, but I’ll endeavour to put something together for you guys.

Side question - does the Miltek in any way effect manufacturers warranty?

clonalejandro

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The plastic is a new one for me. Any chance you could upload a video of the plastic? From a still image it's hard to tell what's just a reflection.
At the moment I don't have it, I'm doing the ppf and the ceramic coating, when it's finished and I have it, I'll upload a video but it's really what that white trail of burned plastic looks like in the photo

clonalejandro

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What is this? Isn't the "Hold" a feature to keep the brake on for a few seconds on an incline to prevent you from rolling backwards?
It says something like "Auto hold. Intervention required"
I only get it every once in a while, my dealer has told me they will notify me for a software update that is supposed to fix this.

1692785497901.png

Robbierob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just a generell question! Is there an info website where we can see which software version is actual (with any release notes)? Or in other words: When do I know when a new software version is ready or available?

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just a generell question! Is there an info website where we can see which software version is actual (with any release notes)? Or in other words: When do I know when a new software version is ready or available?
Nope, that information isn't publicly available.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

When I bought my high end house speakers the dealer told me to leave them on for a few days to "bed in". I never knew it either.

loz94

Reaction score
Has anybody managed to have a windscreen replaced? I’ve had one on order for over 1.5 months now with auto glass, didn’t expect it to take that long ?

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Has anybody managed to have a windscreen replaced? I’ve had one on order for over 1.5 months now with auto glass, didn’t expect it to take that long ?
I had mine replaced in July with National Windscreens, and had been waiting since April. Got it done through my insurance so only had the £75 excess to pay

loz94

Reaction score
I had mine replaced in July with National Windscreens, and had been waiting since April. Got it done through my insurance so only had the £75 excess to pay
Ahh righto, same scenario here with the insurance , they must be struggling to get a hold on new ones from lotus !! Hopefully have a new one before the winter 🤞

Thanks !!

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ahh righto, same scenario here with the insurance , they must be struggling to get a hold on new ones from lotus !! Hopefully have a new one before the winter 🤞

Thanks !!
It’s probably my fault sorry. I’ve used up the stock.

Mine has just been replaced properly, but I’ve been through four screens with Autoglass. Took six months in total!

The actual fitting of the glass is very straightforward, but the dab aerial connector got broken twice (which scraps the entire screen as the aerial is embedded in it - £2k each time - at their expense!), and they somehow acquired an adas camera screen on another attempt.

The broken connectors were annoying but it was the length of time it took them to order a screen each time that was ridiculous. 5-6 weeks to just order it from Lotus despite me pestering them weekly. Then a few more weeks to get an appointment for fitting.

Helpful hint - be very careful with the aerial connectors. FM on the left, DAB on the right. They plug in right at the very front corner of the a-pillar and are bloody fiddly to get in.

IMG_8046.jpeg

DAB is particularly awkward. The ribbon cable is thicker and more springy and the steering wheel is in the way. The connector can easily rip off the end of the ribbon cable if you’re rough with it.
The correct tool is very recommended - long locking forceps:

IMG_8455.jpeg

Good luck!

loz94

Reaction score
It’s probably my fault sorry. I’ve used up the stock.

Mine has just been replaced properly, but I’ve been through four screens with Autoglass. Took six months in total!

The actual fitting of the glass is very straightforward, but the dab aerial connector got broken twice (which scraps the entire screen as the aerial is embedded in it - £2k each time - at their expense!), and they somehow acquired an adas camera screen on another attempt.

The broken connectors were annoying but it was the length of time it took them to order a screen each time that was ridiculous. 5-6 weeks to just order it from Lotus despite me pestering them weekly. Then a few more weeks to get an appointment for fitting.

Helpful hint - be very careful with the aerial connectors. FM on the left, DAB on the right. They plug in right at the very front corner of the a-pillar and are bloody fiddly to get in.

View attachment 30710
DAB is particularly awkward. The ribbon cable is thicker and more springy and the steering wheel is in the way. The connector can easily rip off the end of the ribbon cable if you’re rough with it.
The correct tool is very recommended - long locking forceps:

View attachment 30709

Good luck!
Ohhh wow!! Hopefully that was somehow a complete fluke or streak of bad luck! now this had got me slightly worried, I’ll try and pre-warn the fitters without telling them how to suck eggs 😂

Thank you !!