• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Issues - from final production cars

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Don't touch it yourself. When you get a chance ask Lotus to sort it out, along with other 'remedies' they might be performing whilst there.
at this rate, by next week i won't be able to hear the supercharger over the rattle. Still, you're right, best left to the dealer when I'm next there.

tombuckley91

Reaction score
  • Transmission noise at low revs in 1st/2nd gear - characteristic of the Toyota gearbox
Oh man... it's just so awful though. Had multiple people comment on it over my first weekend of owning the car. It does sound like it has gotten somewhat better from 0 - 500 miles though, hopefully, it continues to improve. More reason for the Miltek exhaust to cover it up 🍻 Anyone else have experience of this and how it changes over time? Cheers

tombuckley91

Reaction score
Mine got a lot less audible after the first 1k miles
Let's hope so, I'm at around 500 miles and it definitely seems to be more of a grumble than the grind it was on day one. I remember pulling into the service station to swap seats and let the missus have a go, I thought she was trying to pull away in 3rd it sounded so bad! I'll try and keep people generally updated on here as to how this problem evolves with milage. Other issue I'm tracking is it almost always stalls on the first start, fires up fine the second time. I saw some people talking about that but haven't been able to find a specific thread yet, will go and have a look.

PJS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Temporarily lost access to Tour and Sport modes on Saturday. Odd. Not seen that reported anywhere @TomE. Turn on , Turn off, fixed...
Track mode only.jpg

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Temporarily lost access to Tour and Sport modes on Saturday. Odd. Not seen that reported anywhere @TomE. Turn on , Turn off, fixed... View attachment 29709

Interesting... Probably just a screen software hiccup. Did you try to cycle through the modes anyway? Wondering if you could hear the exhaust note and driver display change as expected... 🤔

PJS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Interesting... Probably just a screen software hiccup. Did you try to cycle through the modes anyway? Wondering if you could hear the exhaust note and driver display change as expected... 🤔
Neither the toggle switch or the screen made any difference, stuck in track mode. I'd set off off in tour ( as you do) and went to toggle to sport and somehow ended up stuck in Track!

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m getting “Key Not in Car” quite often. Sometimes I have to exit and re-enter and then try find the best spot in the cabin to get it to pick up the key.

Got my Emira in May, the key battery should not be anywhere near flat.

Anyone else getting this?

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
thinking EU is beta testing the car for me helps me cope about still waiting to get mine

thx guys ;)

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
With my 2001 Corvette, beta testing by customers continued throughout the entire 7-8 years of the C5 generation.
Why? Because people kept on buying them.:eek:

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m getting “Key Not in Car” quite often. Sometimes I have to exit and re-enter and then try find the best spot in the cabin to get it to pick up the key.

Got my Emira in May, the key battery should not be anywhere near flat.

Anyone else getting this?
It shouldn’t be but probably is :D
Best spot is inside the arm rest on the bottom. There’s a key shaped spot and the key will work there even if the battery is dead

tombuckley91

Reaction score
@TomE - both myself and @Wonza have identical first start stalling issues. No resolution on this yet but I’ll make sure to feed it back here if I can! My Emira is a V6 FE manufactured in June/July. Stalls after being left overnight on first start, and then fires up fine the second time around. Apparently caused by the lack of fuel priming and supposedly due to be fixed by software. Thank you for this thread 🙏

Edit - also affected:
@EmiraHK

Last edited:

EFE

Reaction score
@TomE - both myself and @Wonza have identical first start stalling issues. No resolution on this yet but I’ll make sure to feed it back here if I can! My Emira is a V6 FE manufactured in June/July. Stalls after being left overnight on first start, and then fires up fine the second time around. Apparently caused by the lack of fuel priming and supposedly due to be fixed by software. Thank you for this thread 🙏
Have either of you had engine warning lights?

NigeT

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Noticed that on my Emira the ambient light inside the door release handle (nearside only) remains on while driving. It does go out when the engine is not running, so at least not draining the battery while parked, etc. The door open/close dash indicator display is working fine. The local dealer is looking into it and is going to check with Lotus as this looks like a new fault they’ve not seen. Picked up my Emira (V6 Auto) end of June and so far only covered close to 600 miles, this is the only fault so far, so consider myself lucky!!

EFE

Reaction score
Noticed that on my Emira the ambient light inside the door release handle (nearside only) remains on while driving. It does go out when the engine is not running, so at least not draining the battery while parked, etc. The door open/close dash indicator display is working fine. The local dealer is looking into it and is going to check with Lotus as this looks like a new fault they’ve not seen. Picked up my Emira (V6 Auto) end of June and so far only covered close to 600 miles, this is the only fault so far, so consider myself lucky!!
There appear to be a batch of new and different faults on the more recently delivered cars. I wonder if the new software has been applied to these cars.

A couple of weeks ago my dealer informed me that the new, and much anticipated software release is available. I am booked in for the end of the month but it would be interesting to know if anyone has had the upgrade and developed new faults.