Water membrane

Not sure what
Looks like you unscrewed the hood at the center bracket from the hood and the other end by the lower bracket .. ?
Not sure what you mean. I removed all the plastic shroud pieces, 4 in total, then fitted the sheet and refitted the plastic shrouds
 
Not sure what
Not sure what you mean. I removed all the plastic shroud pieces, 4 in total, then fitted the sheet and refitted the plastic shrouds
It's the 3 screws in front of the windshield to open the hood. The center one still has the bracket connected...compared to the far side of the car..looks like u unscrewed it from the hood rather than the bracket to the body. Don't cross thread the hood
 
It's the 3 screws in front of the windshield to open the hood. The center one still has the bracket connected...compared to the far side of the car..looks like u unscrewed it from the hood rather than the bracket to the body. Don't cross thread the hood
I’ve done it both ways, but yes this time I removed it from the hood
 
  • Like
Reactions: cst
Anyone up to ship me their old piece of junk?
I would need one RHD since my Emira is LHD, but I'd also take one extra LHD to speed things up a little.
Hit me up with a DM and I'll provide a shipping label :)
 
Where is a cheap place to buy the epdm sheet from? I can't find 1.5mm thick and big enough in size from Amazon and home Depot....
 
Where is a cheap place to buy the epdm sheet from? I can't find 1.5mm thick and big enough in size from Amazon and home Depot....
I got mine from ebay but i am in UK. Try searching for EPDM offcuts ( or whatever its called in USA). I went for 1m x1m
 
  • Like
Reactions: cst
On another note....what is the purpose of the compartment in front of the air filter I point to in red? Guess it doesn't matter if the rubber channels any water into it?
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260601_204641_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20260601_204641_Chrome.webp
    117 KB · Views: 126
You guys think 1/8" is too thick for a membrnwe
 
Last edited:
On another note....what is the purpose of the compartment in front of the air filter I point to in red? Guess it doesn't matter if the rubber channels any water into it?
It’s most likely designed as a baffle to help push the hot air from the radiator out the hood vents and it shields the hot air from the HVAC box.
 
I have a dumb question. ....if the car is under warranty and you replace the factory membrane with your own silicone/epdm.......and you still end up getting a resistor failure from corrosion..........

Are they still going to fix it or say it wasn't a factory/dealer installed part and deny the warranty.....I have to ask. All dealers and factory from my experience with Porsche and Mercedes etc ....u can't trust them.
 
I have a dumb question. ....if the car is under warranty and you replace the factory membrane with your own silicone/epdm.......and you still end up getting a resistor failure from corrosion..........

Are they still going to fix it or say it wasn't a factory/dealer installed part and deny the warranty.....I have to ask. All dealers and factory from my experience with Porsche and Mercedes etc ....u can't trust them.
I don't think that's a dumb question at all mate. My gut would be that it's our fault as it's not an OEM part. Warranties are like insurance. They will try everything to NOT pay out...
 
  • Like
Reactions: cst
I don't think that's a dumb question at all mate. My gut would be that it's our fault as it's not an OEM part. Warranties are like insurance. They will try everything to NOT pay out...
Damn if you do, damned if you dont....with my luck they will deny warranty of the HVAC because of the 3rd cat delete.. 😂 😂🤦🤦🤦🤦
 
Damn if you do, damned if you dont....with my luck they will deny warranty of the HVAC because of the 3rd cat delete.. 😂 😂🤦🤦🤦🤦
What about JB4? Will they hook up to monitor the HVAC?
 
What about JB4? Will they hook up to monitor the HVAC?
I was being sarcastic....I just figured the dealer try to Weasley out of any claim.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top