• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

V6 Auto 0-60mph change?

It's not the same car underneath, as people are now beginning to realise. When you design to a price point 15-20k lower than the previous car, savings get made somewhere.

Evidence also seems to be emerging that the Emira V6 Auto has been detuned, probably to meet emissions.
For us less technically versed, are autos more emitting in nature?

Reactions: Tim
just launch a Taycan 4S or better and then everything else is rubbish off the lights
In fact don't, it will ruin your 'life'

Rbjtdn_IjcIBbc9EYN6ucnSgAf-0DKy1mNodaCa_JEn8JaDjBaOz58UmstnIsg3beJA4Wjg6CMhnkHao6-mCQ3l5qDM5AbDGquST0j6dlOoAtdM2ZlIUO9jYUh4W-QXyanWm9BkxjwUJ7wALn8XObB56tkzk-yOLJ3RhOc2eUELUrDF7VASY_NNVnuwPeCBVAi2WQeytqd12U2HWlCoqoJaU8QBOFcrfm2-W1jFgByQfL5DjOc0XTvk4i-dtNvtKVS_iVmUplsVv-t4zApcQtrQbJxtcW9iFL29gkr3QxTZFeNLkRWMyHqkZ5DQ7ceMKkBeIkU_IqjNSsp71J6fOEfGqVq6Enqr1ZfRAN9hKGtIBnhSttohrIQM-ZKt28oMvOai_g75xecGj6UDDpCx0NpJi8sPRH0aLXE9HCONYzR84UWwgkkgQK4qkB4za1N7KHDgdlQN1Y9scpD8VrZkUPaFuBv0gB6_C_oyCa6GoZSW43R-1FeCRjRmDu8JWD-u4QBT_x-DzU94ajz71sQYw5mYyhBqu1YZYF0jC9GEYApMZxAfFFjd1v-47BbLIEEYdjPfo99tV8jnjCGeFnoxXXvAEHkk7GPlPlFneiNfz1UcuQkb1uLLn7eScyceGNqZraBzp8ifwB9Mw8-jrI9wt_CEKc3lMqQZasWjQiAy4-OjFXlXodBBi3l13JpRxCB9_GKCLmcS5JWsLuL291mOznfTXCmBNxFg4jHoPPctCyiB7iQDPwsw_tAztXA5BegGF8AxICq8fYtIavKf3DgoRs7mHxJef3wUqhcWAKuhx5w7oyd3N-rBVc4lsLyIw53PSdzSeaTg7fu2iiVSVY1k3NyH96XY63EHQ6KKptx_WjRkBKUBIvIsbsLBLsvyffy7Vp6BhuTmEwdZuJmbmN8uVeSDigedJZ0TpxQC97B97FtdJlw=w1355-h978-s-no

Asterisks are important - this is from first press release 20 Sept 2021.

Homologation clearly did effect the performance of the auto version in the UK. Hopefully that doesn't apply to Australia and US. It would be good to get clarity of this issue and perhaps a press release. This change relates to a 7% drop in performance (0-60mph) - that's not insignificant. If we know what has changed (ratios or software) we can plan to get some mods to offset. I am still looking forward to getting the car.

Strangely enough, many other regional Lotus websites (including the Australian one) don't differentiate performance and emission figures for V6 manual vs auto unlike the Lotus UK site. So we still don't know if the reduction in auto performance is global or specific to the UK market.

As an FYI, for those with a V6 manual in Aus, these the official homologated fuel consumption ratings.
fuel-consumption-aus.png

Can I get a refund on the extortionate road fund license if it’s no longer 258g/km? :LOL:

Curious why the auto would be so different - does anyone know if the 6 gears are the same ratios?
Lotus quietly increased the UK V6 Manual VED cost in the middle of last year, as the measured emissions were higher and pushed it into the next tax bracket. It was hidden in the OTR and other costs, so didn't affect the headline list price.

So despite saying they were having to detune and lower the redline compared to the final Evora to meet emissions, they didn't meet their emissions target and haven't reverted the tune/redline.

The Auto ratios are different to the manual, but I don't think that's a big factor in the emissions figure. I think the new WLTP testing regime is making it harder for all manufacturers - several others have had to declare higher figures or re-engineer to meet original targets.

Test drove this Automatic Emira today and I must say… I am a bit disappointed.

Last month test drove a manual which had 2000+ kms on the clock as a test car. Today a brand spanking new automatic arrived and was the lucky guy to testdrive it with only 87km! On the clock.

Don't know why but it felt significant slower than the manual. This could be either due to the temperature and humidity going up in Dubai (today showed 35+ degrees Celciuswhereas the manual test was done on a winter* day with 25dgc). Or maybe the ECU not used to the driving style :) (because I floored it all the time in track mode just to get the excitement.. but never really happened.. i felt it was lazy on the pull ups until 2500/3000rpm and after that got some movement going on but never felt that kick like in the manual. The sound was quite too. And the most annoying bit of the auto was the manual gear shift levers… which did not have a CLICK or any sort of sound or feeling to it… so shifting gears was not interacting at all and had to look on the display if I had shifted or not.

Just the experience that I wanted to share with you and if others felt the same with regards to power, sound, etc
Just test drove the Auto and this is exactly how I felt, very underwhelming. Went into the test with a very positive attitude. Kinda Bummed out because I was really keen on placing an order.

It’s possible the Audi has some performance mods. Could explain one possible reason why he lost.

AWD autos have the advantage over RWD manuals off the line. If the s5's stock turbo was spooled at launch (I assume it was), then game over for the Emira. All the Audi needs is foot on the gas and brake to achieve 4.3. Meanwhile the Emira needs the clutch slipped at 4500k, no lift shifts and a prayer. Emira will win the roll.

AWD autos have the advantage over RWD manuals off the line. If the s5's stock turbo was spooled at launch (I assume it was), then game over for the Emira. All the Audi needs is foot on the gas and brake to achieve 4.3. Meanwhile the Emira needs the clutch slipped at 4500k, no lift shifts and a prayer. Emira will win the roll.
Yeah this...
When you're only talking a few 10ths and all he's to do is mash the pedal in his nice and used s4, me in the new, tight engine, manual Emira I've only launched a few times and it's not as easy to get if the line as my gt4 was