• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

V6 Auto 0-60mph change?

Datapoint Evora S: These were different cars tested by different magazines on different days. This actually doesnt say anything as long as the measurement is not made with the same car on the same run…

but yeah, of course 0-60mph is faster than 0-100km/h

The only way to know for sure is instrument with Dragy. That way you can tell exactly, on the same car, in the same conditions, etc. You can even see what it is with/without 1ft rollout. Someone who knows how to launch well (not as trivial as it may seem), just needs to get a Dragy and show us the results.

If it doesn't happen by the time I get my car, I may contact Brooks from DragTimes to test my car (he's not far from me).

The First Edition Emira has emissions regulations to meet the last edition Evora didn't, as a result it's slightly heavier than the last edition Evora, and it doesn't rev quite as high as the last edition Evora. I'm guessing it generates a bit more downforce at speed than the last edition Evora, so why does it not make sense that the first edition Emira loaded with all the options is slightly slower than the last edition Evora that wasn't? That is, presuming your main measure of performance is straight line acceleration. It's not surprising at all that a lighter car with slightly more horsepower and a higher rev limit would be slightly faster.
Mate didn’t you know this forum is only for complaining.. logic needs to stay out of it, sorry 😅

I follow this guy on YT as I am envious of how liberal the drone regulation are in the UK. Here in Oz it is illegal to fly over buildings, people or private property, national parks, etc - the Brits have sensible regulations for sub 250g drones. Onto the subject at hand, yesterday he was at Millbrook Proving Ground (UK) filming from above (legally) and I spotted a few Emira's in the video, one and possibly both were Auto, guessing i4. Cars often got to Millbrook for emission testing etc.

I follow this guy on YT as I am envious of how liberal the drone regulation are in the UK. Here in Oz it is illegal to fly over buildings, people or private property, national parks, etc - the Brits have sensible regulations for sub 250g drones. Onto the subject at hand, yesterday he was at Millbrook Proving Ground (UK) filming from above (legally) and I spotted a few Emira's in the video, one and possibly both were Auto, guessing i4. Cars often got to Millbrook for emission testing etc.

One of the Emiras has an ADAS camera cutout in the windscreen surround......:sneaky:

Don't know exactly, but definitely better than 5.2 for the Auto.
As I said, I don't feel it's half a second slower than Evora 410 Sport Auto.
I still think it's a typo mistake, but we will find out SOON...
Well in a keyboard 3 key is just top or under 6 key

having just got schooled by a 5yr old audi s5 off the line I can definitely say the Emira is not a drag car 🤣
In fact it's really poor, there's zero traction issues, it's just 1st gear seems to do well, nothing 🤷🏻

Auto might address this. In all other aspects of performance I think the emira is pretty solid

Last edited:
having just got schooled by a 5yr old audi s5 off the line I can definitely say the Emira is not a drag car 🤣
In fact it's really poor, there's zero traction issues, it's just 1st gear seems to do well, nothing 🤷🏻

Auto might address this. In all other aspects of performance I think the emira is pretty solid
That's sad.....the 5yr old Audi S5 specs 0-100 kmh in 6,0 sec's.......

Test drove this Automatic Emira today and I must say… I am a bit disappointed.

Last month test drove a manual which had 2000+ kms on the clock as a test car. Today a brand spanking new automatic arrived and was the lucky guy to testdrive it with only 87km! On the clock.

Don't know why but it felt significant slower than the manual. This could be either due to the temperature and humidity going up in Dubai (today showed 35+ degrees Celciuswhereas the manual test was done on a winter* day with 25dgc). Or maybe the ECU not used to the driving style :) (because I floored it all the time in track mode just to get the excitement.. but never really happened.. i felt it was lazy on the pull ups until 2500/3000rpm and after that got some movement going on but never felt that kick like in the manual. The sound was quite too. And the most annoying bit of the auto was the manual gear shift levers… which did not have a CLICK or any sort of sound or feeling to it… so shifting gears was not interacting at all and had to look on the display if I had shifted or not.

Just the experience that I wanted to share with you and if others felt the same with regards to power, sound, etc

Attachments

• IMG_6514.jpeg
    IMG_6514.jpeg
    301.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6516.jpeg
    IMG_6516.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 43
Test drove this Automatic Emira today and I must say… I am a bit disappointed.

Last month test drove a manual which had 2000+ kms on the clock as a test car. Today a brand spanking new automatic arrived and was the lucky guy to testdrive it with only 87km! On the clock.

Don't know why but it felt significant slower than the manual. This could be either due to the temperature and humidity going up in Dubai (today showed 35+ degrees Celciuswhereas the manual test was done on a winter* day with 25dgc). Or maybe the ECU not used to the driving style :) (because I floored it all the time in track mode just to get the excitement.. but never really happened.. i felt it was lazy on the pull ups until 2500/3000rpm and after that got some movement going on but never felt that kick like in the manual. The sound was quite too. And the most annoying bit of the auto was the manual gear shift levers… which did not have a CLICK or any sort of sound or feeling to it… so shifting gears was not interacting at all and had to look on the display if I had shifted or not.

Just the experience that I wanted to share with you and if others felt the same with regards to power, sound, etc
Perhaps with a manual - you can increase the revs during the gear change which will certainly add to the "kick" sensation. In my V6 Exige S, I dont change until 5000rpm or above (when driving more spirited) and I don't have to look at the dash to know what gear I am in - it just takes times to get to know the car.

All other recent Lotus cars the Auto was slightly quicker 0-100 so that it why this forum topic is mystifying unless a de-tune has taken place. Thank you for your review. Any Auto news is welcome.

Ya know I’m starting to feel like I should pony up and get a McLaren

Yeah, it is part of the right of passage for a prospective Emira owner. Been there done that.

Recommend you join up a macca forum and read some of the stories on there. Can be a very expensive car to own. It is a proper supercar with associated expenses.

If I was twice as rich I would still waver before buying one. But they are lovely :devilish:

Yeah, it is part of the right of passage for a prospective Emira owner. Been there done that.

Recommend you join up a macca forum and read some of the stories on there. Can be a very expensive car to own. It is a proper supercar with associated expenses.

If I was twice as rich I would still waver before buying one. But they are lovely :devilish:
I can’t help wonder why something like the 2020 Evora GT, so very similar to the Emira, is a great car capable of driving a thousand smiles an hr for decades plus and the Emira can’t get out of the shop when underneath it’s basically the same damn car

Last edited:
It's not the same car underneath, as people are now beginning to realise. When you design to a price point 15-20k lower than the previous car, savings get made somewhere.

Evidence also seems to be emerging that the Emira V6 Auto has been detuned, probably to meet emissions.

Evidence also seems to be emerging that the Emira V6 Auto has been detuned, probably to meet emissions.
Can I get a refund on the extortionate road fund license if it’s no longer 258g/km? :LOL:

Curious why the auto would be so different - does anyone know if the 6 gears are the same ratios?