• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

V6 Auto 0-60mph change?

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
@Bilbao-Emira, does the Emira auto feel as quick as your previous Evora?

Given the newly released info on lotus’s site, they are suggesting it should feel slower

Performance (Manual/Automatic) *:
180 / 169 mph | 4.2 / 4.6 secs 0-60 mph | 258 g/km CO2

@Bilbao-Emira, does the Emira auto feel as quick as your previous Evora.

Given the newly released info on lotus’s site, they are suggesting it should feel slower

Looks like they’ve adjusted the 0-60/0-100 time? 4.6 is rather slow as earlier they announced 4.3 on the manual and 4.2 on the auto…

Looks like they’ve adjusted the 0-60/0-100 time? 4.6 is rather slow as earlier they announced 4.3 on the manual and 4.2 on the auto…
Yes, keen to hear if it really is, or the original higher torque is still there but they had to pretend to make some changes for emissions compliance

Yes, keen to hear if it really is, or the original higher torque is still there but they had to pretend to make some changes for emissions compliance
Such a shame they couldnt keep the raw’ness like an Evora or Exige.. sounds dull unless you modify the exhaust system and now disappointing 0-100 figures…

Such a shame they couldnt keep the raw’ness like an Evora or Exige.. sounds dull unless you modify the exhaust system and now disappointing 0-100 figures…
May need a slight mod just to get their original promised performance numbers, sigh 😔

Rare to see the manual rated quicker to 60 than the auto... 🤔
Used to be the norm, no? It wasn't really until Dual/Multi clutch and launch management that autos became faster.

Yeah, I guess I mean these days it's rare when many premium sports cars have dual clutch autos.
Why suddenly now is it slower, it wasn’t slower 18 months ago when they were advertising it having higher torque. It’s becoming more apparent that they were selling these cars before they had actually produced any test cars, or were confident they would meet regulatory approval. Our friends in the United States may end up with cars that are completely different.

I would take with a pinch of salt any figures that Lotus present for any future vehicles. None of it means anything.

What a shame..............with similar engine......

Evora GT 410 Sport
PERFORMANCEMANUALAUTOMATIC
Max power410 hp (416 ps)410 hp (416 ps)
Max torque310 lbft (420 Nm)310 lbft (420 Nm)
0-60 mph4.0 seconds3.9 seconds
0-100 km/h4.2 seconds4.1 seconds
Max speed190 mph (305 kph)171 mph (275 kph)
CO2 emissions225 g/km230 g/km

Evora GT 410 Sport
Has anybody managed 0-60 in 4.3 in a manual? I don't think so!
did anyone manage the previous published Evora times?

I see where the i4 is 4.3 for 0-60. I think that is unchanged, but who knows what the future might be once they start production of it.

Evora GT 410 Sport
I would be keen to know all the real world figures for the evora and emira given figures are usually very very difficult to match real world in most cars

it must be 4.3 auto and 4.6 manual. But who knows with these people at Lotus. They continue to elevate confusion to new levels.

Even the smoking tire during their podcast called out Lotus USA's rep for giving bad info on the suspension differences. Crazy.

The thing is, I haven't tried any 0-60 yet, not even the launch control.
It does feel a little bit lazier than the Evora, but I always expected that, but not half a second slower, at I least I am not able to feel such a difference.

I am also a little bit puzzled for this change of specs, I would have thought it would be the other way around. Can't get how manual would be quicker, unless Jenson Button is driving it !

In any case, for me is more than enough fast acceleration. Handling is what makes me smile every time I get on a twisty road, and in that respect, being and feeling heavier and less nervous on the front than the Evora, is still a great handling.

If I decide to read the manual and give a try to the launch control, will let you know, of course.

The thing is, I haven't tried any 0-60 yet, not even the launch control.
It does feel a little bit lazier than the Evora, but I always expected that, but not half a second slower, at I least I am not able to feel such a difference.

I am also a little bit puzzled for this change of specs, I would have thought it would be the other way around. Can't get how manual would be quicker, unless Jenson Button is driving it !

In any case, for me is more than enough fast acceleration. Handling is what makes me smile every time I get on a twisty road, and in that respect, being and feeling heavier and less nervous on the front than the Evora, is still a great handling.

If I decide to read the manual and give a try to the launch control, will let you know, of course.
Happy to hear your feed back. I’ll be picking up my own next week, But it’s going to take me a few weeks before I hit the miles where I can put my foot down. But yes the new numbers from Lotus don’t make sense

The First Edition Emira has emissions requirements and regulations to meet the last edition Evora didn't, as a result it's slightly heavier than the last edition Evora, and it doesn't rev quite as high as the last edition Evora. I'm guessing it generates a bit more downforce at speed than the last edition Evora, so why does it not make sense that the first edition Emira loaded with all the options is slightly slower than the last edition Evora that wasn't? That is, presuming your main measure of performance is straight line acceleration. It's not surprising at all that a lighter car with slightly more horsepower and a higher rev limit would be slightly faster.

Last edited: