USA/Canada Delivery Thread

2BIG2FAIL

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A bit disappointed that there is still no i4 news at this point, but what can you expect, really.

Nonetheless, I rage browse this forum daily despite there being 600+ days until delivery still.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
May be off topic. But just food for thought on US and Canada Delivery
For NA FE.1 if I remember correctly some time in early 2022 we were told car will start arriving fall of 2022. We were also told because of delays cars would be registered as 2024 model year. Which was a good thing.
Do you not think Lotus at that time new full well NA cars would not even start being built till supposedly July 2023 (we hope) therefore that will be a 2024 model year.
Again just a thought.
EDIT at this rate maybe we will get 2025 year model 😂
off topic? This forum stays on topic about as much as Lotus stays on schedule

Last edited:

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
August is for FE 2.0 builds…I heard that first allocation FEs are on schedule.
Where’d you hear that, or should I say when? Although Colin did help with the DeLorean, Lotus would need a literal Time Machine in order to get you a car by August.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Got a source for that? :ROFLMAO:

We are all guessing. LOTUS is like Thanksgiving at Grandma's. The food will be ready when it's ready, and even Grandma isn't sure when that will be.
Grandma thought someone else was hosting this year.
Meanwhile, some intern in Hethel is like I didn’t need to submit emissions paperwork because we only make electric vehicles.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I spoke to my dealer this morning, who in turn spoke to the Lotus rep and called me back to let me know.
I hate to break it to you but that’s just not true. The car hasn’t passed emissions. The dealers haven’t gotten their 2.0 allocations. 1.0 North American builds haven’t started yet. You should call out your dealer as a straight liar and drag his name in front of everyone so we can join in. The odds of any of us getting a car delivered in August is between negative shark and potato squared.

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I spoke to my dealer this morning, who in turn spoke to the Lotus rep and called me back to let me know.
Who is that dealer because that isn't the case. FE1.0 build was delayed until Aug and still planning on delivering to US with availability to customers by Dec/Jan ... if approval finally comes through. I chatted with dealer who stated FE2.0 allocations not even available to dealers so it isn't even possible to start building yet. Think next year

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Trying the zoomer thing where I manifest my Emira into existence.

Attachments

• IMG_5150.jpeg
    IMG_5150.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 51

trackday14

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you but that’s just not true. The car hasn’t passed emissions. The dealers haven’t gotten their 2.0 allocations. 1.0 North American builds haven’t started yet. You should call out your dealer as a straight liar and drag his name in front of everyone so we can join in. The odds of any of us getting a car delivered in August is between negative shark and potato squared.
“On schedule” means that the build date will occur as scheduled…yes, it will sit in port until certification is completed, but that also means the previous communication of October-December delivery is still on track. While I have little faith that Lotus will not delay again, my dealer has always given me the answers that Lotus eventually provides.

trackday14

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Who is that dealer because that isn't the case. FE1.0 build was delayed until Aug and still planning on delivering to US with availability to customers by Dec/Jan ... if approval finally comes through. I chatted with dealer who stated FE2.0 allocations not even available to dealers so it isn't even possible to start building yet. Think next year
Lotus of Glenview

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
“On schedule” means that the build date will occur as scheduled…yes, it will sit in port until certification is completed, but that also means the previous communication of October-December delivery is still on track. While I have little faith that Lotus will not delay again, my dealer has always given me the answers that Lotus eventually provides.
So you are saying that Lotus is going to start building FE 2.0 in August for North America and your dealer confirmed that? When will dealers get their allocation numbers and how long will depositors have to choose and confirm their specs? Will they be able to select from the enhanced color selections or will they still be limited to the 1.0 colors just at the higher price? August is 8 weeks away, Lotus needs to hurry up so we can get our 2.0 confirmations delayed.

trackday14

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So you are saying that Lotus is going to start building FE 2.0 in August for North America and your dealer confirmed that? When will dealers get their allocation numbers and how long will depositors have to choose and confirm their specs? Will they be able to select from the enhanced color selections or will they still be limited to the 1.0 colors just at the higher price? August is 8 weeks away, Lotus needs to hurry up so we can get our 2.0 confirmations delayed.
All I am saying is that the Lotus rep relayed to my dealer that FE 1.0 builds - including mine - are on schedule.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I spoke to my dealer today, and my FE v1 car is scheduled for production in August. As for delivery/approval or v2 a I have no idea.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
All I am saying is that the Lotus rep relayed to my dealer that FE 1.0 builds - including mine - are on schedule.

They're not and your dealer has bad intel. I know people at the factory and they're finishing up a bunch of i4s for China at the moment before going back to v6s... and those aren't even for the US.

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They're not and your dealer has bad intel. I know people at the factory and they're finishing up a bunch of i4s for China at the moment before going back to v6s... and those aren't even for the US.
Factory workers knowing what's going on?!?!... I have it on good authority (from other topics on the forum) that the people working on the cars don't even know what they are doing, or why, and are just hammering whatever is laying around together as fast as they can and slapping on Lotus badges and heading to the pub early.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Factory workers knowing what's going on?!?!... I have it on good authority (from other topics on the forum) that the people working on the cars don't even know what they are doing, or why, and are just hammering whatever is laying around together as fast as they can and slapping on Lotus badges and heading to the pub early.
And therein lies the QC problem