USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
If the Lotus mothership is monitoring (and assume with connection to the PRC you always do), do you see how people respect and appreciate Gator Motorsports just for providing updates and being transparent? Even those of us that do not have deposits with them hold them in the highest regard.

Just saying that in case you are wondering how to improve your business model, taking a cue from Tony and the Gator staff might be a good place to start.
You may have to translate your message to Mandarin 😀

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I know they have deposits on the Emira from all over the country. And I also know that people drive from multiple states away to get their Lotus serviced there!

It's true I ordered from gator and my car will be registered in New England. Flew in to take a test drive last week!

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You may have to translate your message to Mandarin 😀
Don’t think that’s necessary. Geely probably need to take over completely at Lotus. Imho they will get things done.
They are monitoring what is going on and see the situation.
I believe in the next few months they will make positive changes. They don’t need the brand getting all the negativity that is coming from this forum.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Don’t think that’s necessary. Geely probably need to take over completely at Lotus. Imho they will get things done.
They are monitoring what is going on and see the situation.
I believe in the next few months they will make positive changes. They don’t need the brand getting all the negativity that is coming from this forum.
I see, is this based on their broader investor reporting or just your speculation?

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I see, is this based on their broader investor reporting or just your speculation?
Just my speculation as well as that they have I think put a Geely executive as head of global sales at lotus in UK
Edit Mike Johnston ex Volvo is in charge and reports directly to Geely CEO

Last edited:

SONOFEMERY

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just joined this forum. My dealer at Galpin Lotus in LA said I was #13 on the list for the FE V6 2.0. He estimated it would be available to take delivery around end of the year. I don't know what that means now, especially just learning that the 2.0 allocations haven't even been released to dealers. 0 communication from my dealership unless I call a few times to finally get someone on the phone. I am dying to get rid of my M3 and get into this Emira, but damn it's been a long wait. Maybe this is all part of the Lotus experience ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just joined this forum. My dealer at Galpin Lotus in LA said I was #13 on the list for the FE V6 2.0. He estimated it would be available to take delivery around end of the year. I don't know what that means now, especially just learning that the 2.0 allocations haven't even been released to dealers. 0 communication from my dealership unless I call a few times to finally get someone on the phone. I am dying to get rid of my M3 and get into this Emira, but damn it's been a long wait. Maybe this is all part of the Lotus experience ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
#13 in LA? When did you deposit? I’m assuming 2021 because that number would put you in the first 40 or 50 depositors since the window opened. Dealer may simply mean that after all the FE original folks who confirmed their factory orders some time ago, if/when they get a 2.0 allocation you will be #13. And then you can confirm your order. The 1.0 folks are going to struggle to get in their cars by year end so 2.0 is probably pushing it. I really don’t blame Lotus for this one, that’s your dealer being overly (recklessly🙂) optimistic.

SONOFEMERY

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
#13 in LA? When did you deposit? I’m assuming 2021 because that number would put you in the first 40 or 50 depositors since the window opened. Dealer may simply mean that after all the FE original folks who confirmed their factory orders some time ago, if/when they get a 2.0 allocation you will be #13. And then you can confirm your order. The 1.0 folks are going to struggle to get in their cars by year end so 2.0 is probably pushing it. I really don’t blame Lotus for this one, that’s your dealer being overly (recklessly🙂) optimistic.
Ya, #13 for the 2.0. They're most definitely pulling my chain :/

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome to the 'Want & Wait' party.
There was Dealer info back in March that Lotus was making NA FE 1.0 and 2.0 production a 2023 priority (given the substantial delay while others elsewhere were getting cars). Delivery is another matter.
2,0 FE allocations are supposedly coming in the next 30 days.
Get comfortable with the over wrought word 'soon.'

Hodl

Reaction score
Last I checked, with an Aug 2021 deposit, I was around the 40s for a base model. They were charging mark ups for FE 1.0 and I expect the same with 2.0

morphious

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ya, #13 for the 2.0. They're most definitely pulling my chain :/
Well, you are probably #13 on their base list and they anticipate a certain # 2.0's based on their 1.0 allocation so you would be on the 2.0 list at #13 if nobody ahead of you dropped out. My 2 cents.

Barfly

Reaction score
Buying a Lotus is fun! I never knew purchasing a car could be filled with so much mystery & intrigue! You don’t know exactly what you’ll get, you don’t know when you’ll get it or what it will cost.

No idea what this latest development means, but I’m excited!

Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 9.48.52 AM.jpeg

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Buying a Lotus is fun! I never knew purchasing a car could be filled with so much mystery & intrigue! You don’t know exactly what you’ll get, you don’t know when you’ll get it or what it will cost.

No idea what this latest development means, but I’m excited!

View attachment 26813
It appears your deposit for the opportunity to order a Lotus Emira (at a future date based on dealer allocation) has been authenticated and registered. This is indeed exciting for you. The protocol was instituted to clamp down on persons placing multiple orders at different dealers and thereby upending manufacturing needs planning. Your submission ID is your identifier for you; your place in line at the dealer is something else. The dealer should tell you where you stand (ie how many ahead of you). Usually there is a V6 list and an i4 list.
Start a scrapbook.

Barfly

Reaction score
That’s also what dealer told me about submitting DL & info with deposit to prevent placing multiple orders. Makes sense.

I just don’t know why I’m getting this order confirmation now instead of many months ago. Originally hoped to bump into a canceled FE order, but ultimately was told that wasn’t possible for various reasons, including no cancellations with a close enough build spec. When 2.0 was announced I got a good spot on that list, so I’m anxiously waiting for allocations!

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
May be off topic. But just food for thought on US and Canada Delivery
For NA FE.1 if I remember correctly some time in early 2022 we were told car will start arriving fall of 2022. We were also told because of delays cars would be registered as 2024 model year. Which was a good thing.
Do you not think Lotus at that time new full well NA cars would not even start being built till supposedly July 2023 (we hope) therefore that will be a 2024 model year.
Again just a thought.
EDIT at this rate maybe we will get 2025 year model 😂