USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Some lucky winner got a car delivered on 6/8 in Baltimore. Just one car. They are messing with us.

View attachment 45562
Anyone on here with a car that was on the 4/6 boat that still doesn't have the car even at the dealership?

That's the unfortunate "boat" I'm in. Challenged my dealer to ask Lotus WTF, since cars on 5/13 boats are showing up to dealerships on the west coast... so the Lotus logistics excuse has worn thin with me. I'm thinking there was/is an issue with my particular car maybe that Lotus PDI in Baltimore identified, but i'm just guessing. Can't understand now over 2 months sitting in Baltimore and not getting trucked to the dealer unless there is an issue.

I see, I see, thank you very much! So about 1200 Emiras shipped to the U.S. so far...unknown how many have actually been delivered though. Thanks again for doing this!
What is the expected total number of v6 MT FE 1 & FE 2 for the US market?

Anyone on here with a car that was on the 4/6 boat that still doesn't have the car even at the dealership?

That's the unfortunate "boat" I'm in. Challenged my dealer to ask Lotus WTF, since cars on 5/13 boats are showing up to dealerships on the west coast... so the Lotus logistics excuse has worn thin with me. I'm thinking there was/is an issue with my particular car maybe that Lotus PDI in Baltimore identified, but i'm just guessing. Can't understand now over 2 months sitting in Baltimore and not getting trucked to the dealer unless there is an issue.
Sorry to hear about that. It's always a possibility. But If it is something important, you definitely want Lotus taking care of it versus your dealer. So out of a bad situation, Lotus working on it directly is the less-bad option.

They could also have just left it at the back of the lot. Ask your dealer to inquire about it with Lotus USA.

Sorry to hear about that. It's always a possibility. But If it is something important, you definitely want Lotus taking care of it versus your dealer. So out of a bad situation, Lotus working on it directly is the less-bad option.

They could also have just left it at the back of the lot. Ask your dealer to inquire about it with Lotus USA.
Yeah, I asked the dealer to ask Lotus USA about it yesterday... waiting to hear back at this point.

What is the expected total number of v6 MT FE 1 & FE 2 for the US market?

I don't think anyone knows... I would have guessed 1500-2000 cars total for MY2024. Looks like they are probably getting close to 1500 cars already. They should be switching over to I4 and V6 auto production soon for MY2025.

I have no idea if Lotus plans to continue making FE cars until the car is discontinued.

I can honestly say that I have never stopped, walked around a cool car, poked my head in the window and said, " Hey, Look honey, It's a manual". I thnk most of us don't give a rat's a$$ whether somebody else drives a manual, auto, DCT, or electric.

I always look. 🤣 Takes a certain type of car to offer one and a certain type of person to seek one out.

There seems to be some consensus that the Cup2’s are much firmer than the Goodyear’s. Anyone running sport suspension on Goodyears and feel beat up like @seriously and @morphious ?
It's not as plush as the Touring but it's not harsh. I have Sport with Goodyears.

I will say that on broken pavement and bad roads it can be a little choppy. But so is my BMW. Actually, on the roads I'm referring to, I get annoyed in our Honda Pilot Trailsport and that has off-road tires on it. So I think the Lotus is just fine.

On decent highways it's smoother over bumps than most normal cars.

I was able to compare Sport/Cup2s head to head with Touring/Goodyears, but have never driven the "in-between" set up. One day it might be interesting to see all three reviewed side by side to see which way the Sport+Goodyear setup leans (or right in the middle). Then we might know if it's more the suspension or more the tires. I know, maybe splitting hairs, but my car's still in the PPF shop and I'm bored. Thanks for humoring me. :)

Day 1069, picked up from the dealership this morning and transported for paint correction, PPF, ceramic, and tint (likely clear ceramic). I resisted driving it out of the lot 20M forward lol, need to start pinching myself! 1-2 weeks til I get to drive it and take it home!
IMG_2988.jpeg

Day 1069, picked up from the dealership this morning and transported for paint correction, PPF, ceramic, and tint (likely clear ceramic). I resisted driving it out of the lot 20M forward lol, need to start pinching myself! 1-2 weeks til I get to drive it and take it home!View attachment 45616
A big congratulations.

There seems to be some consensus that the Cup2’s are much firmer than the Goodyear’s. Anyone running sport suspension on Goodyears and feel beat up like @seriously and @morphious ?
I've driven 1200 miles on goodyears with sport. It's firm but not harsh. A little bouncy on rough surface streets and porpoises a bit on some concrete highways. All as expected. Happy with the choice.

How does everyone feel about their brakes? Is the overall sensation that the brakes are great?

My car feels under-braked. Which is very surprising. The cars I drove at the academy in Hethel had amazing brakes, and while I suspect they may have had upgraded pads it feels weird to go from the sensation of "omg these brakes are amazing" to "huh. these brakes dont feel great".

My friend's 6,200lb Jeep Wrangler 4XE has stronger stopping power.

I'm bringing it in to have them take a look. Just curious if anyone else experiences similar sensations. I wonder if I have a pad issue. Rotors are clean. Around town it's fine but in a spirited corner, it doesn't feel like enough.

Finally got my VIN and I checked with the factory and they said it was at the port leaving on a boat, LEAVING today.. Not sure if that is what is happening, but this is WAY faster than I expected it to be. I was hoping it would be here in end of August beginning of September with the timelines I was getting from other people here.

They told me May build (which they couldn't tell me if it was beginning or end of May) and July / Aug delivery, but like most I thought that it would be delayed for some reason or another and that it would come in Sept.

Question for most of you that took delivery: From the time you knew it was built to on a boat, how long to get to the US and then to your dealerships? The boat is supposed to leave today.

I have the VIN if that helps. I was going to ask @Nova for his help tracking it.

Thanks
Ryan G

@RyanGphoto do you know what your build date was? I was 5/15 3421, and all I heard was when it left the factory (5/23) but it didn't make the 5/28 ship.