USA/Canada Delivery Thread

@Nova can you see Atlantic Sea manifest from today's arrival?

Anyone else have manifest access?

Last edited:
After two years, I finally got my car! It came with a lot of frustration after learning that their air conditioner was not blowing cold and a scratched up rim. They ended up swapping out the rim for a new one and was able to fix the air conditioner the next day. In all my excitement of receiving the car I failed to double check the rims again. To my surprise, there were scratches on the front rim as well.

I know there’s a checklist out there upon what to look for when taking delivery I wouldn’t encourage everyone to do their due diligence with at least the air conditioner and rims before driving out of the dealership. I also noticed that the hood bonnet had disproportionate gaps from one side to the other.

My sales person said to write a list so I could bring it to their attention at the 1000 mile Service.

IMG_2105.jpeg
IMG_2118.jpeg
IMG_2108.jpeg
I haven’t had a chance to enjoy the car because I am getting it PPF over the next week. I know I have an amazing future with her moving forward.

Has anybody had their PPF done at Lotus North Jersey? Trying to get a read on the quality of the work?
Ray's guy that he brought in initially did my car first. STEK, bulk install (not from template) and he hid the edges really well in my opinion. only two seams that I could find, on the lower portion of the front bumper at the base of the two middle vertical struts. I'm travelling but will take a pic when I'm home. The seams there don't bother me at all, but it's subjective. I don't know if Ray is still using the same guy. I paid at least 1k less because after the installer did my car he said he would have to charge more going forward. There are two bubbles that haven't cleared (I don't park in the sun much yet) and if they don't clear out by the end of the summer I'll have him replace those two areas. But the doors are seamless, which I was really happy with, and he included some ppf on the black intake and exit areas around the rear wheels. Oh, and he removed the badges and letters so the ppf is underneath. Make sure you ask for that with Ray, otherwise it might not happen by default. All in all I was satisfied. and more importantly I was 100% sure Ray would make it right if I wasn't.

FWIW, I waited almost 2 years from deposit to (today’s) delivery. My V6 manual landed in Baltimore May 24 and arrived at the Calgary dealer June 4, so fairly quick delivery from port. My dealer said they usually get 24 hours advance notice of the transport truck arrival, but they were actually told 2 days before delivery of my vehicle. I’m told there’s no battery tender with car (on back order) so I’ll get it later. In case anyone was wondering, it comes with the yellow/black wheel center caps and nose badge. Apparently they all do, in spite of someone at Lotus supposedly saying awhile ago, Lotus was thinking of switching to black/silver emblems to match the steering wheel. I’m typing this while on a 3-hour bus ride to Calgary for p/u. Too bad it’s raining but that hasn’t dampened my excitement!
I'm coming up on 2years since deposit and I was told probably another year. lol. wtf.

Gotta love dealer games... :rolleyes: Let's see if it will sell with their ADM.
I don't think it's 'games'. I bought at Eurocar and they were stand up. I think it's unreasonable for anyone to expect to pay 1.0 sticker at this point walking on the lot (frankly Id be a little peaved since I paid 2.0.MSRP after 2 and a half years)

I don't think it's 'games'. I bought at Eurocar and they were stand up. I think it's unreasonable for anyone to expect to pay 1.0 sticker at this point walking on the lot (frankly Id be a little peaved since I paid 2.0.MSRP after 2 and a half years)
I never expected to pay MSRP for an orphaned car but that is what Zach told me end of April. I was very excited/surprised. That changed as of last weekend. No specific reason given. Had pricing been transparent, or at least consistent from the start, then I would have nothing to complain about. I wouldn’t have even pulled my credit. I would have simply passed and continued wait for my allocation at base. Don’t advertise a price then change it up later on. Not a good look.
IMG_2789.jpeg

Last edited:
I hate getting new cars, takes forever, but got my car today and put 150 miles on it already. Love it but I was missing the trickle charger, but the dealer is going to send it to me. For all the bad talk that people have given about Galpin, they have been the most transparent and easiest dealer I have ever worked with. They have done everything they have promised since the original deposit and stood true to everything they have said since. The mule is finally home next to mommy's Porsche.

Attachments

• IMG_3141(1).JPG
    IMG_3141(1).JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 70
I hate getting new cars, takes forever, but got my car today and put 150 miles on it already. Love it but I was missing the trickle charger, but the dealer is going to send it to me. For all the bad talk that people have given about Galpin, they have been the most transparent and easiest dealer I have ever worked with. They have done everything they have promised since the original deposit and stood true to everything they have said since. The mule is finally home next to mommy's Porsche.
I just picked up my Vivid Red from Galpin today around 11am. I must have left before you got there. In the end Galpin was good. I feel like part of the challenge is that you are working with a team of salesman and not just one guy. Sometimes causes he said he said. Also missing the trickle charger. Will send later apparently.

Attachments

• F788084F-22C8-43EB-8D1C-8976636CAB24.jpeg
    F788084F-22C8-43EB-8D1C-8976636CAB24.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 810DF6C0-6617-421E-8B2A-24453034F2B1.jpeg
    810DF6C0-6617-421E-8B2A-24453034F2B1.jpeg
    517.1 KB · Views: 87
I just picked up my Vivid Red from Galpin today around 11am. I must have left before you got there. In the end Galpin was good. I feel like part of the challenge is that you are working with a team of salesman and not just one guy. Sometimes causes he said he said. Also missing the trickle charger. Will send later apparently.
I was there when you were there, yours was in the booth, mine was the yellow one outside of the front doors. I have called everybody there and they have all responded. Sales people, sales managers, operation managers, anybody, I have never been not called back the same day or spoke directly to somebody with a phone call.

Last edited:
Love it!! More pictures please. 🤩🤩

On a side note, it has been about 32 years since I drove a stick and a car that feels everything since I have Sport with Cup2's. Traffic and bad roads from LA and another 50 miles with my son to go for a spin, I feel beat up. :ROFLMAO:

I was there when you were there, yours was in the booth, mine was the yellow one outside of the front doors. I have called everybody there and they have all responded. Sales people, sales managers, operation managers, anybody, I have never been not called back the same day or spoke directly to somebody with a phone call.
Nice. I saw your car there! I was originally going for yellow but I have another yellow car, so red.

On a side note, it has been about 32 years since I drove a stick and a car that feels everything since I have Sport with Cup2's. Traffic and bad roads from LA and another 50 miles with my son to go for a spin, I feel beat up. :ROFLMAO:
Me too. Trip back was rough. But good to know that’s what to expect in certain conditions.

There seems to be some consensus that the Cup2’s are much firmer than the Goodyear’s. Anyone running sport suspension on Goodyears and feel beat up like @seriously and @morphious ?
I have just 39 miles on my touring suspension and it felt much stiffer on some city streets on my way to the PPF shop than I remember the touring suspension demo car I drove in Monterey last August. There are those more knowledgeable than I on the forum that have suggested the suspension does break in a bit over time. With that said, it handled a set of railroad tracks at about 25 mph with exceptional poise. Suffice it to say, I’m happy I chose touring considering how I plan to use the car primarily.

If you have a ppf and the paint blisters, does lotus pay to have the ppf redone? And is the remedy for the blistering a replacement for the entire panel that’s blistering? If the panel is replaced are there issues with color matching? Hopefully this is something that shows up before warranty expires if its going to happen.

There seems to be some consensus that the Cup2’s are much firmer than the Goodyear’s. Anyone running sport suspension on Goodyears and feel beat up like @seriously and @morphious ?
They talk about it here:

A few have found luck with sport + F1s. I’m happy to ride the cup2s out and then replace with PS4S. I’ve never had cup2s so I also want to see what these can do with heat in them before I retire them.