USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I just picked up my Vivid Red from Galpin today around 11am. I must have left before you got there. In the end Galpin was good. I feel like part of the challenge is that you are working with a team of salesman and not just one guy. Sometimes causes he said he said. Also missing the trickle charger. Will send later apparently.
More pics please my vivid red brother! Was your car on the 5/13 boat?

I'm just hoping mine was on the 6/8 arrival. 😅

I think the folks that got delivery's are out driving and the rest of us are quietly waiting. Lol
This is correct haha. I did pick up my car this Saturday and I am in love! Already put on ~75 miles. Just dropped off for ppf today.

My biggest concern when purchasing the car was the touring vs sport debate. I'm very happy i chose the sport chassis with the goodyear eagle F1. I do not think it is too stiff by any means and I'm very surprised by the dampening over isolated bumps and irregular pavement. The only time I really notice the sport being pretty stiff is when you are going down a road that has continuous/consecutive pavement irregularities (bumps, ditchs, repair,etc) in close proximity to each other for some distance. That being said, going down roads like that don't feel pleasant in most cars i have owned.

I think the folks that got delivery's are out driving and the rest of us are quietly waiting. Lol
Yea, I pop in every now and then. And of course when people @ me to get a shipment update.

I think the folks that got delivery's are out driving
While this is true for me, I do come back to this thread every now and then to spectate.

Got mine last Wednesday and I've already put 300+ miles on it just driving around the Bay Area. Really puts into perspective how far away things are just within the bay.

More pics please my vivid red brother! Was your car on the 5/13 boat?
My car was on the 5/13 boat, arrived 6/7 so about 4 weeks to delivery and ready for pickup.

Off to get PPF and ceramic now.

Attachments

• 3793980C-093E-4E89-AFAC-BA981D8305CE.jpeg
    3793980C-093E-4E89-AFAC-BA981D8305CE.jpeg
    411.7 KB · Views: 50
  • D23D89A2-A907-47FC-93E1-72E805C48EB5.jpeg
    D23D89A2-A907-47FC-93E1-72E805C48EB5.jpeg
    403.4 KB · Views: 50
My car was on the 5/13 boat, arrived 6/7 so about 4 weeks to delivery and ready for pickup.

Off to get PPF and ceramic now.
Can I ask why? I have a 1998 Lexus ES300 with 71k miles and still looks showroom new. Just washed and waxed, all I am going to do with this car.

Have there been any dealer delivers or anything scheduled from the 5/26 boat?
Also wondering if anyone on this 5/26 shipment have gotten delivery, I'm in Salt Lake so I'm assuming 3-4 weeks for delivery for mine? Anyone else from this shipment get their cars there were a ton on that boat.

Can I ask why? I have a 1998 Lexus ES300 with 71k miles and still looks showroom new. Just washed and waxed, all I am going to do with this car.
Ceramic coating is for shine and ease of cleaning. It’s super hydrophobic and very easy to wash. I mostly run it through touchless car wash, drive on the freeway and I’m done.

PPF is to protect from rock chips. Especially if doing track time or general freeway time I think it’s worth it. Not necessary at all. I had small chips on my other car and it doesn’t drive me crazy. However, it might bother me on the emira.

Has anybody had their PPF done at Lotus North Jersey? Trying to get a read on the quality of the work?
I have the car PPF’d at the Lotus of North Jersey.
I know it’s a pretty difficult car to PPF flawlessly. That said there are a couple of items I will bring to Lotus of North Jersey at the 1000 mile service - the front hood thing has a finger that will not stick to the panel, there are front bumper fingers by the Lotus badge, a top edge on the passenger door by the mirror is not tucked in and is starting to gather dust and dirt. There also appears to be an actual dent on the passenger door right below the mirror, so I’m buffed how that happened - I might eat that as I didn’t notice that upon delivery.

This is correct haha. I did pick up my car this Saturday and I am in love! Already put on ~75 miles. Just dropped off for ppf today.

My biggest concern when purchasing the car was the touring vs sport debate. I'm very happy i chose the sport chassis with the goodyear eagle F1. I do not think it is too stiff by any means and I'm very surprised by the dampening over isolated bumps and irregular pavement. The only time I really notice the sport being pretty stiff is when you are going down a road that has continuous/consecutive pavement irregularities (bumps, ditchs, repair,etc) in close proximity to each other for some distance. That being said, going down roads like that don't feel pleasant in most cars i have owned.
All about perspective. My first Lotus and Im coming from an F-Type and chose Touring. If you told me it was Sport Id say boy did I make a mistake - this is stiffer than I wanted. As it is Touring beats me up on our rough roads and where I would always look for an excuse to hop in the Jag to pick up some milk I'm not as anxious to take the Lotus (I still do though...)

Yea, the total number of cars is in my tracking sheet. I am missing 51 cars from the total because I can only see a limited number of vins from the very first shipment.
I see, I see, thank you very much! So about 1200 Emiras shipped to the U.S. so far...unknown how many have actually been delivered though. Thanks again for doing this!

Definitely all about perspective!

I have touring suspension on mine and it is *firm enough*. The suspension does an admirable job of feeling rather plush by filtering out the smaller high frequency bumps. But if the roads have medium frequency to undulating imperfections, the car feels firm and transmits those motions to the passenger.

That said, I love taking it out and does so every chance I get. Dropping off packages at UPS, getting milk, late night taco runs, etc. It's a completely different experience from the other fun cars I've had in the past.

I see, I see, thank you very much! So about 1200 Emiras shipped to the U.S. so far...unknown how many have actually been delivered though. Thanks again for doing this!
I discovered an error in the sum formula. It's been more than that.. I updated.