• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I hate getting new cars, takes forever, but got my car today and put 150 miles on it already. Love it but I was missing the trickle charger, but the dealer is going to send it to me. For all the bad talk that people have given about Galpin, they have been the most transparent and easiest dealer I have ever worked with. They have done everything they have promised since the original deposit and stood true to everything they have said since. The mule is finally home next to mommy's Porsche.

Attachments

• IMG_3141(1).JPG
    IMG_3141(1).JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 67
I hate getting new cars, takes forever, but got my car today and put 150 miles on it already. Love it but I was missing the trickle charger, but the dealer is going to send it to me. For all the bad talk that people have given about Galpin, they have been the most transparent and easiest dealer I have ever worked with. They have done everything they have promised since the original deposit and stood true to everything they have said since. The mule is finally home next to mommy's Porsche.
I just picked up my Vivid Red from Galpin today around 11am. I must have left before you got there. In the end Galpin was good. I feel like part of the challenge is that you are working with a team of salesman and not just one guy. Sometimes causes he said he said. Also missing the trickle charger. Will send later apparently.

Attachments

• F788084F-22C8-43EB-8D1C-8976636CAB24.jpeg
    F788084F-22C8-43EB-8D1C-8976636CAB24.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 810DF6C0-6617-421E-8B2A-24453034F2B1.jpeg
    810DF6C0-6617-421E-8B2A-24453034F2B1.jpeg
    517.1 KB · Views: 84
I just picked up my Vivid Red from Galpin today around 11am. I must have left before you got there. In the end Galpin was good. I feel like part of the challenge is that you are working with a team of salesman and not just one guy. Sometimes causes he said he said. Also missing the trickle charger. Will send later apparently.
I was there when you were there, yours was in the booth, mine was the yellow one outside of the front doors. I have called everybody there and they have all responded. Sales people, sales managers, operation managers, anybody, I have never been not called back the same day or spoke directly to somebody with a phone call.

Last edited:
Love it!! More pictures please. 🤩🤩

On a side note, it has been about 32 years since I drove a stick and a car that feels everything since I have Sport with Cup2's. Traffic and bad roads from LA and another 50 miles with my son to go for a spin, I feel beat up. :ROFLMAO:

I was there when you were there, yours was in the booth, mine was the yellow one outside of the front doors. I have called everybody there and they have all responded. Sales people, sales managers, operation managers, anybody, I have never been not called back the same day or spoke directly to somebody with a phone call.
Nice. I saw your car there! I was originally going for yellow but I have another yellow car, so red.

On a side note, it has been about 32 years since I drove a stick and a car that feels everything since I have Sport with Cup2's. Traffic and bad roads from LA and another 50 miles with my son to go for a spin, I feel beat up. :ROFLMAO:
Me too. Trip back was rough. But good to know that’s what to expect in certain conditions.

There seems to be some consensus that the Cup2’s are much firmer than the Goodyear’s. Anyone running sport suspension on Goodyears and feel beat up like @seriously and @morphious ?
I have just 39 miles on my touring suspension and it felt much stiffer on some city streets on my way to the PPF shop than I remember the touring suspension demo car I drove in Monterey last August. There are those more knowledgeable than I on the forum that have suggested the suspension does break in a bit over time. With that said, it handled a set of railroad tracks at about 25 mph with exceptional poise. Suffice it to say, I’m happy I chose touring considering how I plan to use the car primarily.

If you have a ppf and the paint blisters, does lotus pay to have the ppf redone? And is the remedy for the blistering a replacement for the entire panel that’s blistering? If the panel is replaced are there issues with color matching? Hopefully this is something that shows up before warranty expires if its going to happen.

There seems to be some consensus that the Cup2’s are much firmer than the Goodyear’s. Anyone running sport suspension on Goodyears and feel beat up like @seriously and @morphious ?
They talk about it here:

A few have found luck with sport + F1s. I’m happy to ride the cup2s out and then replace with PS4S. I’ve never had cup2s so I also want to see what these can do with heat in them before I retire them.

More pics please my vivid red brother! Was your car on the 5/13 boat?

I think the folks that got delivery's are out driving and the rest of us are quietly waiting. Lol
This is correct haha. I did pick up my car this Saturday and I am in love! Already put on ~75 miles. Just dropped off for ppf today.

My biggest concern when purchasing the car was the touring vs sport debate. I'm very happy i chose the sport chassis with the goodyear eagle F1. I do not think it is too stiff by any means and I'm very surprised by the dampening over isolated bumps and irregular pavement. The only time I really notice the sport being pretty stiff is when you are going down a road that has continuous/consecutive pavement irregularities (bumps, ditchs, repair,etc) in close proximity to each other for some distance. That being said, going down roads like that don't feel pleasant in most cars i have owned.

I think the folks that got delivery's are out driving and the rest of us are quietly waiting. Lol
Yea, I pop in every now and then. And of course when people @ me to get a shipment update.

I think the folks that got delivery's are out driving
While this is true for me, I do come back to this thread every now and then to spectate.

Got mine last Wednesday and I've already put 300+ miles on it just driving around the Bay Area. Really puts into perspective how far away things are just within the bay.

More pics please my vivid red brother! Was your car on the 5/13 boat?
My car was on the 5/13 boat, arrived 6/7 so about 4 weeks to delivery and ready for pickup.

Off to get PPF and ceramic now.

Attachments

• 3793980C-093E-4E89-AFAC-BA981D8305CE.jpeg
    3793980C-093E-4E89-AFAC-BA981D8305CE.jpeg
    411.7 KB · Views: 46
  • D23D89A2-A907-47FC-93E1-72E805C48EB5.jpeg
    D23D89A2-A907-47FC-93E1-72E805C48EB5.jpeg
    403.4 KB · Views: 46