USA/Canada Delivery Thread

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think if I'm right I was like the 22nd order at my dealership overall. So I like to think I might get in, but in reality who knows.
You might be able to. But honestly between the 2.0, 1.0 and the Base Editions they're only 6 months apart.. You will probably get the car by the end of 2024 for the Base. There is really not that much of a differences in wait time.

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You might be able to. But honestly between the 2.0, 1.0 and the Base Editions they're only 6 months apart.. You will probably get the car by the end of 2024 for the Base. There is really not that much of a differences in wait time.
Really fair point. I'm used to waiting. Took 5 years to build my Datsun. Took like a year to get an RX7 out of Japan. 3 years for a Lotus is just shooting around my average.

Thanks for talking me off the emotional cliff with nice sound logic.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
TLDR

1) 1st 700 FEs for NA is price protected. Shipping in Q4 2023.
2) 2nd batch of 600 FEs will be produced. Pricing starts at $105,400 (approx. 11% increase).
3) 2nd batch FEs will have 6 additional colors to choose from. Shipping in Q1-Q2 2024.
4) Base edition will ship out produced and shipped in Q3-Q4 2024
5) Lotus performance parts will be introduced later.

Taking the differences between 1.0 FE and 2.0 FE; Base edition will cost approximately MSRP 95,400 with 10k worth of options. 2.0 FEs are getting shafted and I feel that Lotus will have a hard time selling those 600 FEs considering Base Editions will be shipping 3 months after 2.0 FEs are done in Q2 2024.

It may be better just to wait for the Base Edition and use the extra money to add in LAP to get a better deal.
Indeed, better to wait. Even better, si be Base has a planned delivery of 2024, we may be able to know more about an S or GT version.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The stages of Emira:

excitement, denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance, anger, bargaining, depression, anger, bargaining, depression, bargaining, depression, bargaining, depression, depression, depression, depression...

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don't know what to make of the new 2.0 F/E vs base situation. Money grab from Lotus' perspective? Or showing some value vs the base.

In Canada -

Emira 2.0 F/E comes in at 145K+ Lux tax + 13% regular tax. = $175,000 CAD
Porsche GT4 122K +Lux+13% tax = $144,000 CAD

31K more for the Emira. Let's hope that Lotus prices the Emira 2.0 F/E in the Canadian market a little bit better. It will not sell very well at that price point at the moment.

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don't know what to make of the new 2.0 F/E vs base situation. Money grab from Lotus' perspective? Or showing some value vs the base.

In Canada -

Emira 2.0 F/E comes in at 145K+ Lux tax + 13% regular tax. = $175,000 CAD
Porsche GT4 122K +Lux+13% tax = $144,000 CAD

31K more for the Emira. Let's hope that Lotus prices the Emira 2.0 F/E in the Canadian market a little bit better. It will not sell very well at that price point at the moment.
Agreed. That 11% increase is even more than what the 8% UK are paying. 2.0 FEs will be sitting around in show rooms while people just buy the B/E. It's definitely a money grab consider how strong the USD is compare to GBP.

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Indeed, better to wait. Even better, si be Base has a planned delivery of 2024, we may be able to know more about an S or GT version.
Yep, 10k worth of options such as

Wheels, paint, interior, audio or 10k worth of performance parts? The choice is easy to make!

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Agreed. That 11% increase is even more than what the 8% UK are paying. 2.0 FEs will be sitting around in show rooms while people just buy the B/E. It's definitely a money grab consider how strong the USD is compare to GBP.
They can grab my money, my wife, whatever they want as long as I get my order.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
GT4 for $144k CAD is a smoking deal at current exchange rates. Buy a truckload!
lol - maybe difficult to order.... but not a GTS 4.0. and if I compare it to that.... well let's just say the delta is well over 50K more for an Emira than a GTS 4.0. That is pretty significant.

** this is base Porsche numbers without options of course. But nonetheless no GTS would have 60K in options anyways.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Except for the fact Porsche isn't making any more after June 2023... and all allocations have already been distributed.
yes very true, but the gts 4.0 will be around for a little while longer... and the Emira was never to compete with a GT4. It always was meant to compete with a GTS 4.0 -

Let's wait and see how they price it in the Canadian market. So far the website has not changed. Maybe Canada won't be offered any of the additional 2.0 F/E slots.

edit- I think it is likely that Canada will not be getting any additional 2.0 F/E's , IMO. The pricing would just not make sense. Even more curious what base MSRP is going to be now for V6 in Canada.....

Last edited:

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well, since Lotus USA says I should be able to configure THIS Fall, then yes, there is a BIG difference from when the original estimate was given to me. (Fall of 2024)

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well, since Lotus USA says I should be able to configure THIS Fall, then yes, there is a BIG difference from when the original estimate was given to me. (Fall of 2024)
You should know that estimates given by Lotus isn't meant to be trusted. LOL

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you configure this fall, delivery would probably be correct in fall of 2024.

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You should know that estimates given by Lotus isn't meant to be trusted. LOL
I did forward it to the sales manager at the dealership and am awaiting her reply. Perhaps Lotus USA is not aware of my reservation date.
By the way, how much are bespoke paint orders? (when they are available)

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My email in 2021 said I'd be configuring "this winter" and yet here we are.