USA/Canada Delivery Thread

MIGZ

Emira Fan
Reaction score
In all honestly, some of the last edition Evora were running around 110k those didn’t sell great.

They also didn’t look like the emira , the emira will still have demand just not as much at the previous price point.

With regards to base edition cars those will likely also be at or near the new price point. Inflation has hit everything.

Original FE price point was made public almost two years ago.

If a person can afford 105k they can afford 120k 911T starts to look really interesting.

GIN

Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I don't know what to make of the new 2.0 F/E vs base situation. Money grab from Lotus' perspective? Or showing some value vs the base.

In Canada -

Emira 2.0 F/E comes in at 145K+ Lux tax + 13% regular tax. = $175,000 CAD
Porsche GT4 122K +Lux+13% tax = $144,000 CAD

31K more for the Emira. Let's hope that Lotus prices the Emira 2.0 F/E in the Canadian market a little bit better. It will not sell very well at that price point at the moment.
Had a couple of 60 degree sunny days here recently and was able to take my Spyder out for some ride time that helped ease the frustration of the delays, etc. Hopefully you get some good weather soon in Toronto to do the same. On the bright side, it will be good to see the new colors officially. I still agree with you that it will be the perfect garage even if it takes another year and some more $$$.

MIGZ

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I thought the new colors had already been announced. Would be awesome to offer the full color gamet to everyone.

I would love to see the car in a deep purple/plum
F576DEEC-DE4D-4F6F-B5A0-68D1E154C9D0.jpeg

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wonder if they will be unloaded in Baltimore. If so, that port is pretty far inland so it will not be exposed to salty water and wind.

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wonder if they will be unloaded in Baltimore. If so, that port is pretty far inland so it will not be exposed to salty water and wind.
It's way better than the port at Longbeach, CA. Den of thieves lives in that port.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
2) 2nd batch of 600 FEs will be produced. Pricing starts at $105,400 (approx. 11% increase).

Sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't find it in the thread. Can someone please explain the reason why Lotus has given 600 more FEs to the NA? From an automobile manufacturer launching a new car, why do this? I am not saying I like or don't like it but want to hear opinions or facts about this increase.

vcappp

Reaction score
“FE V6 production will begin in May & vehicles will start to arrive stateside at the end of July; however, they will not be released to dealers until all certifications are completed. This has been quoted between weeks 42-50 of this year (mid-October thru December). After that point, cars will be released from port proportionate”

what a terrible idea! The battery will be went out! corrosion! Tires! Paint! Just do not build at all before getting the certifications.

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't find it in the thread. Can someone please explain the reason why Lotus has given 600 more FEs to the NA? From an automobile manufacturer launching a new car, why do this? I am not saying I like or don't like it but want to hear opinions or facts about this increase.
Great news for those on the cusp of a First Edition V6 order allocation
Lotus has decided to increase the number of FE V6 Emira allocated to North America! An additional 600 cars will be given to our market, bringing the total production number for N.A. spec FE V6 Emira to 1,500. This means that a second batch of First Edition V6 Emira orders will be allocated to dealers and submitted to the factory (internally dubbed FE V6 2.0). Two significant changes for 'FE V6 2.0' orders are:
The starting MSRP has been increased to $105,400. Lotus has stated that since the Emira was revealed, production costs have increased by £12,000 (~$14,400) per vehicle. Thankfully, only a portion of the additional production costs have been passed on to the dealer & consumer.
7 additional paint colors will be added to the palette for this batch of orders. All other available options & details for First Edition vehicles remain the same. I do not have official names or examples of these colors yet. The LotusCars.com configurator will be updated to include the new colors in the coming weeks.
We will contact deposit holders who have received an FE V6 '2.0' order allocation directly. Please note that we have not received the additional allocations yet, and it will likely be a few weeks before that occurs.

follow here for the full text

morphious

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Huh, thought there were 700 NA FE 1.0's but based on the email of adding 600 NA FE 2.0's totaling 1500 FE's means there were originally 900 NA FE 1.0's. 700 FE 1.0's US and 200 FE 1.0's Canada?

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can we visit our new cars while they're being held in port for 3 months? Maybe I can bring mine a blanket? What about conjugal visits?
Note that, per update you were just screwed.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
what a terrible idea! The battery will be went out! corrosion! Tires! Paint! Just do not build at all before getting the certifications.

I agree this whole plan is very bad. The deterioration these cars will experience when exposed to port conditions for months cannot be overstated. The paint alone will suffer with pitting due to acid rain exposure.

Most overseas brands that do long port stays in the US (like Subaru) have moved to entirely covering cars in protective plastic before putting them on ships, with part of the plastic applied like vinyl to the body and part of it wrapped around like shrink wrap. They then remove part of the wrap at port and then have dealers remove the remainder in PDI.

If Lotus doesn't have a strategy like this to protect the cars, they are going to have a lot of damaged inventory and very unhappy customers.

Build the cars only *after* you have the legal ability to export them, Lotus. Don't F this up, please.