USA/Canada Delivery Thread

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hopefully that means your price is protected if you got to place an order. I’d still be in big time if I had got an FE slot.
I really hope that's the case. Order was officially placed 5/18/22

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just got the confirmation from Bellevue of the latest delay. They're blaming the EPA this time and saying North American deliveries are now "unlikely to commence until October 2023 at the earliest". (one wonders what the EPA has to do with Canadian deliveries, but I digress)

Lotus never misses a chance to disappoint its customers. I'm trying to decide whether to bail now or sign up for further abuse.

4MIR3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just got the confirmation from Bellevue of the latest delay. They're blaming the EPA this time and saying North American deliveries are now "unlikely to commence until October 2023 at the earliest". (one wonders what the EPA has to do with Canadian deliveries, but I digress)

Lotus never misses a chance to disappoint its customers. I'm trying to decide whether to bail now or sign up for further abuse.
I thought Bellevue was non-refundable?

alvitdk

Reaction score
Leaving my deposit and see where it goes but given I ordered in June 22, I do not expect a 1st Edition or delivery this year. Went ahead this morning and ordered a 2023 BMW Z4 M40i after selling my Porsche 981 last month....maybe I hold out for an eventual Emira GT???

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Did they say if you're getting he price hike?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
You can get your non refundable deposit back?

Yes. Nothing I signed said non-refundable. Even so, the contract has been breached numerous times with so many delays. My initial deposit was made with a verbal "Spring 2022" delivery.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
No price hike, grandfathered in. For now. But Lotus has yet to keep a promise, so who knows.

There have been UK buyers who were grandfathered in, but eventually got hit with the price hike. So far, everything that's happened in the UK eventually happens to US customers. I'm betting no US cars are delivered until 2024 and most FE orders will get hit with a price hike.

vroomvroom

Reaction score
300da407-0295-42bb-895b-468c111d44ad.png

rjhoskins

Reaction score
I am a Aug 2022 Base deposit holder. Just received this email from Lotus USA. It doesn’t really provide any additional information except that they anticipate me being able to configure/order in the fall. Also, not sure what “ becoming a priority Emira customer” means as I haven’t done anything but wait like everyone else. Hopefully, @GatorMotorsport will send out an update in the near future with new info.

View attachment 23708
Received the exact email today as well, November 2022 deposit. I think they must just be behind in getting these emails out.....

Twin Cam

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There have been UK buyers who were grandfathered in, but eventually got hit with the price hike. So far, everything that's happened in the UK eventually happens to US customers. I'm betting no US cars are delivered until 2024 and most FE orders will get hit with a price hike.
You are right on that, another thing is where are the built USA cars going to sit till they go on the boat, outside or inside? rusty bolts and brakes anyone?

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This certification BS delay (causing them) is the first thing that has me really wanting to cancel. Lotus has known since the car was first made to start the certification process. Its like they are just looking for something to blame as to the reason they can't deliver cars to the NA market. Its not like they've never sold a car to the USA before
IF that really was the problem they could build our cars anyway and have them ready to deliver once it is approved.
New motto for Lotus.
Lots Of Time Unlikely Soon