USA/Canada Delivery Thread

GatorMotorsport

Reaction score
I am a Aug 2022 Base deposit holder. Just received this email from Lotus USA. It doesn’t really provide any additional information except that they anticipate me being able to configure/order in the fall. Also, not sure what “ becoming a priority Emira customer” means as I haven’t done anything but wait like everyone else. Hopefully, @GatorMotorsport will send out an update in the near future with new info.

View attachment 23708

We're putting together an update now. We should have it out by the end of the day today. Lots of information!

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Let's go to the US public regulatory data, shall we?

There are no entries yet in the US NHTSA VPIC MID for the Lotus Emira, in fact there are no new entries for Lotus since the last new model was released (Evora GT) in 2019, as model year 2020.
Searchable here through the MID link: https://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/

The 2019 filing with the NHTSA was about 2 months prior to expected first-sale date for the Evora GT. The letter was dated May 13 and the on-sale date claimed was July 15. This is the process manufacturers use to declare the VIN pattern and other details formally to the USG. Document link: https://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/mid/home/displayfile/0074b1ad-31ef-478f-a441-ff4d9ad5097a

Now I don't know the lag time between conducting business with the NHTSA and the documents becoming available online, so this may not give us anything meaningful until the next public database sync or publication date. But if the data is anything remotely close to live, I suspect we're a ways off from US deliveries.
Update: No EPA data yet either. Last filing and Certificate of Conformity was in 2020 for the 2021 Evora GT.

Still no new regulatory filings available at NHTSA or EPA.

4MIR3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Still no new regulatory filings available at NHTSA or EPA.
One thing I have noticed on the EPA certification website, there is a delay. I watch it for Porsche as well... The 3RS was certified in January, but it didn't post on the site until over a month after the approval.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am a Aug 2022 Base deposit holder. Just received this email from Lotus USA. It doesn’t really provide any additional information except that they anticipate me being able to configure/order in the fall. Also, not sure what “ becoming a priority Emira customer” means as I haven’t done anything but wait like everyone else. Hopefully, @GatorMotorsport will send out an update in the near future with new info.

View attachment 23708
I got that same email a month after my initial deposit in 2021. The only difference it said to expect to order in the winter. I'm still waiting to order. (missed FE cutoff)
Being a priority customer seems to mean they prioritize making us wait, informing us last, and to pay whatever they decide to charge.

Reactions: vdr

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

View attachment 23708

This looks like the first email that everyone gets after their initial deposit. It is meaningless. I received one in November 2021 that said I could look forward to completing my order "in the Winter". From this point on, you need to wait until your dealer actually contacts you with an order slot, submit your second deposit, and get a "Lotus accepted your order" email from your dealer along with a copy of the order form they submitted.

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I got that same email a month after my initial deposit in 2021. The only difference it said to expect to order in the winter. I'm still waiting to order. (missed FE cutoff)
Being a priority customer seems to mean they prioritize making us wait, informing us last, and to pay whatever they decide to charge.
I haven't been in a relationship this abusive in years!

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I don’t think you have an order…Gentry hasn’t even taken orders for #15 on their list which would be pre July 2021 deposit. They’ve maybe taken orders for the 10 FE allocations they got, beyond #10 or 12 on their list it’s a base edition and I don’t think they’ve began to fill out order sheets thus far.
I never said I had an order..

Deposit!

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score

View attachment 23708
I got exact same email at same time 12.01pm. I put deposit 5k Oct 17 2022.

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Took me 6 months after intial $5k deposit to to get first communication or email or anything.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Took me 6 months after intial $5k deposit to to get first communication or email or anything.
just a guess, but maybe there is a benefit to the dealer to NOT inform Lotus immediately when you place the deposit. That way Lotus would have no way of knowing when you in fact placed the deposit and gives the dealer more flexibility in prioritizing other people? No idea if this is true, but I can't figure out why they would wait 6 months to notify Lotus of your deposit.

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
When I placed my deposit back in Oct 2022 I waited a couple of days didn't get any email confirmation from lotus

So I called Gentry and the guy told me that he got the email verification
and could send.it to me if I wished..

I think lotus is just late as usual to responding...and took 6months..

my cellphone is acting up responding to this replying to these messages.. gets a messed up..pain took 20 mins to reply

Last edited by a moderator:

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yesterday was brutal. The TH review was so exciting and one of the best so far, but then the news leaked about the price hike (doesn't affect my order) and further delays (Nov-Dec) really hurt me. I'm so sick of Lotus and their lack of planning and slow progress. NA type approval isn't some unexpected task that needed to be completed last minute. How are they going to tell dealers and buyers that cars will be delivered Spring 2022, July 2022, October 2022, March 2023, July 2023, and now it's Nov 2023 without even starting the NA spec certification process?

I spoke with my dealer yesterday and confirmed I can have my deposits refunded whenever I want (and he's had others do so already), but I will leave it in place until I find something else. Just like last year, I'm not looking forward to taking my Emira delivery just so it can sit all winter.
You can get your non refundable deposit back?

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My contract with lotus of Orlando says the deposit becomes non-refundable only after an order is place.

Yeah and my order was placed early last year! lol.