USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Posted an another tread but wanted to share:

Email from Boardwalk:

14 left to order for this last months production. And then the first editions are done.

This is for a JUNE 2024 BUILD MONTH and a Late 2024/early2025 delivery.

I was content to wait until 2025/2026 but now I feel pressure to commit to a build. It’s like finding out your wife is pregnant while your still discussing when to start a family.

I don’t care about the FE status or the badges but I do like all the options and modes. Or do wait for a base and hope for a cheaper price?
It seems they are gearing up the base configurator for the V6 at least. This would make sense as the Canadian configurator has removed pricing - assuming all First Edition allocations have now been distributed in CAN with the last few build for the US.

You will most likely achieve a lower price point in two ways;

1. You are ok with the technical fabric interior (unknown what it looks like)
2. You are ok with more limited colour choices (free ones vs upgraded colours)
3. No KEF audio upgrade
4. Base style wheels

These will probably be the most expensive upgrades from what I can tell. The car's performance will be exactly the same, so from that perspective the base will offer better value. If you want every First Edition option (I personally would be ok with 4 way adjustable seats vs 12, No KEF) go with a First Edition. I think the full Napa leather interior, First Edition wheels and Color options is worth it. No right or wrong decision on this. But expect a 10-15K price increase if ticking all the boxes.

I can't see more colour options being offered on Base edition. Reason being they still have the i4 First Edition to be built in Q1 of 2025. They won't want to jeopardize those sales by offering more desirable options that would make customers delays the orders. This reason alone is why I think the base options will be a bit pricier, to show the patient i4 F/E customers value. If they priced options near the same as the F/E's and added more desirable choices, nearly every F/E i4 order in the UK would cancel to order a base unit. For that reason alone, either the base configurator gets released Q4 2024 or the pricing will be significantly higher.

Well I’ve got a Weller 12 on standby for when I get the text from my dealer to come pick her up (or if I hear crickets - either are good reasons to have a drink).

Oh man, I love Weller's.
Very hard to get here in PA.
The only “connection“ I have is a friend who is a liquor distributor in NYC. I have been able to get Weller 12 and Full Proof for under $50, which is what the list cost is to retailers (talk about ADM, liquor is insane).

Might be fun to have a group Zoom toast after delivery (even include KitKat if he promises to behave). Hopefully SOON!

Can we also ban anyone that mentions Porsche?

Im going to grab my popcorn once that US/NA base configurator comes online. Will be really interesting to see how much premium the FE1.0 and 2.0 Colors are, what will be the base colors???????? Will be interesting.

Let’s not forget feb 12 is just the start of the window they gave us. I don’t expect anything to happen tomorrow.

If so Ill call off work and make a cross country trip.

But doubtful it will happen, plus I am bogged down all this week at work, wont be able to make it up there unfortunately.

Picture1.png

Can we also ban anyone that mentions Porsche?

Im going to grab my popcorn once that US/NA base configurator comes online. Will be really interesting to see how much premium the FE1.0 and 2.0 Colors are, what will be the base colors???????? Will be interesting.
If you look at the Eletre UK configurator, you can get a good sense of what they will do with the Emira configurator. They have pricing for the additional options like paint, wheels, brake calliper color etc. Only two colors are free on Eletre. Yellow and Grey. Curiously,for Emira, the only two non-metallic colours are Hethel Yellow and Zinc Grey. Perhaps our two free color choices? Just speculating.

If you look at the Eletre UK configurator, you can get a good sense of what they will do with the Emira configurator. They have pricing for the additional options like paint, wheels, brake calliper color etc. Only two colors are free on Eletre. Yellow and Grey. Curiously,for Emira, the only two non-metallic colours are Hethel Yellow and Zinc Grey. Perhaps our two free color choices? Just speculating.
I'll have to check that config out, I can't imagine only 2 base colors, I would expect about 5 or 6.

I also expect only a couple of flat colors as free. Maybe yellow and white. Metallics cost more so I would expect them to charge for it. Would they introduce a flat black?

I also expect only a couple of flat colors as free. Maybe yellow and white. Metallics cost more so I would expect them to charge for it. Would they introduce a flat black?
black on Eletre is 1,200 GPB option. (forgot about mist white as flat) - And yes driver's pack will most likely need to be checked to receive sport suspension and Track mode on the ECU. Not sure about calliper color being tied to drivers pack... but could be.

Edit; I just configured a Base Eletre with the options I would want and came to 26,000 GBP in options (32K USD)....

So thinking an Emira would have close to the same (probably a bit lower) with all boxes ticked would not be unrealistic.

Last edited:
Lotus has missed every other goal, so why not this one?

Other markets are having no issues with the AT transmissions, so it must be something with CARB or some US regulations.
It’s CARB. I’m not 💯 sure what the specific criteria is but recent history would suggest it’s something around the way the computer determines when to shift and at what rpm (up or down).

I would also bet that Base models won't get a choice of Sport/Touring for free. You may have to buy a "driver's pack" in order to get sport suspension and caliper colors.
Yeah totally forgot about all the "packages" that came with the FE. The website keeps changing and I dont have the list of the 3 that came with the FE, but you are probably spot on....track mode locked behind a paywall.