USA/Canada Delivery Thread

FlyNavy01

Emira Fan
Reaction score
3 month delay? HA, we're approaching 2 years of delays at this point, don't forget first Emira deliveries were originally slated for Spring 2022... An extra 3 months is a joke to those of us who've had deposits since 2021.

Time2Fly

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
3 month delay? HA, we're approaching 2 years of delays at this point, don't forget first Emira deliveries were originally slated for Spring 2022... An extra 3 months is a joke to those of us who've had deposits since 2021.
My situation is nowhere near that bad. It's about managed expectations.

mforde

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Fuck, I’m glad I didn’t reserve at Los Gatos I’ve heard nothing but nightmares from that place.
I've passed by Los Gatos many times with my daughter to admire the Lambos, Astons, etc. I hadn't heard anything one way or the other about Los Gatos, but something told me to go with Boardwalk Lotus, although Los Gatos was closer. Probably figured since Lotus was in the name, they cared more about the brand. I've been very happy with Kyle and Tom.

KCMO68_510

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Guys... I just watched my Kansas City Chiefs win Back to Back Super Bowls. This has to be a sign that I'm on a personal heater and that cars will pass Feb. 12th the next day...

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well, another Forum member on a different thread said the local dealer is offering cars on the lot at $10,000 over.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Let the long month begin.
emira crying.gif

Nova

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
So, given a worst-case outcome of the best-case scenario of the 2/12-3/13 timeframe being correct, the CARB state cars will be here mid-to-late April... the cars would have been built for 4+ months.

saknibs

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For those of us that live in front plate states, has anyone seen Lotus’s solution? A missing front plate is not a moving violation in Virginia. I see lots of Teslas without them.

Nova

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
For those of us that live in front plate states, has anyone seen Lotus’s solution? A missing front plate is not a moving violation in Virginia. I see lots of Teslas without them.
To be honest, the stock front plate mount is not that bad. I am not sure that an offset mount would look any better. I am in VA and I "hear" that front plate enforcement depends on where you are at.

Time2Fly

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not going to run a front plate
Same.

Someone on here made a plinth for the front plate. I think just search plinth and you'll find the stl

Here. From @Joel

Last edited:

Climber

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Dear Diary,

Today is February 12, 2024....the first day of the last month of waiting....we hope...soon....please 🙏
The dealership called, your car is ready, have some paperwork to sign, tank is full.
Dog 🐶 jumps on bed and wakes me to take her on her walk. The sun is just cresting the horizon…. This month I get an Emira the start of something new.
Keeping my fingers crossed and Smiling all day… Enjoy the beautiful day!!!

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yeah, but I'm not paying for scalped cars. I refuse to normalize that.
I don’t disagree, was adding to your statement about how some were complaining about the wait of a few months while some had waited years. Others, don’t have to wait at all. 20k overs is what some dealers were charging at the beginning of deposit collection anyway. Real head scratcher.

EZcheezy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
im not going to run a front plate. i havent on my current car either for 4-5 years and only got a warning once