USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Guys... I just watched my Kansas City Chiefs win Back to Back Super Bowls. This has to be a sign that I'm on a personal heater and that cars will pass Feb. 12th the next day...

3 month delay? HA, we're approaching 2 years of delays at this point, don't forget first Emira deliveries were originally slated for Spring 2022... An extra 3 months is a joke to those of us who've had deposits since 2021.
Well, another Forum member on a different thread said the local dealer is offering cars on the lot at $10,000 over.

Let the long month begin.
emira crying.gif

So, given a worst-case outcome of the best-case scenario of the 2/12-3/13 timeframe being correct, the CARB state cars will be here mid-to-late April... the cars would have been built for 4+ months.

For those of us that live in front plate states, has anyone seen Lotus’s solution? A missing front plate is not a moving violation in Virginia. I see lots of Teslas without them.

For those of us that live in front plate states, has anyone seen Lotus’s solution? A missing front plate is not a moving violation in Virginia. I see lots of Teslas without them.
To be honest, the stock front plate mount is not that bad. I am not sure that an offset mount would look any better. I am in VA and I "hear" that front plate enforcement depends on where you are at.

Not going to run a front plate
Same.

Someone on here made a plinth for the front plate. I think just search plinth and you'll find the stl

Here. From @Joel

Last edited:
Dear Diary,

Today is February 12, 2024....the first day of the last month of waiting....we hope...soon....please 🙏
The dealership called, your car is ready, have some paperwork to sign, tank is full.
Dog 🐶 jumps on bed and wakes me to take her on her walk. The sun is just cresting the horizon…. This month I get an Emira the start of something new.
Keeping my fingers crossed and Smiling all day… Enjoy the beautiful day!!!

Yeah, but I'm not paying for scalped cars. I refuse to normalize that.
I don’t disagree, was adding to your statement about how some were complaining about the wait of a few months while some had waited years. Others, don’t have to wait at all. 20k overs is what some dealers were charging at the beginning of deposit collection anyway. Real head scratcher.

im not going to run a front plate. i havent on my current car either for 4-5 years and only got a warning once