UK deposit to order checkout to delivery process

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just had an amazing and very unexpected call from CS - my car is being delivered Monday 12th December. A complete surprise, only received the checkout email on 24th November and was very much expecting delivery in January (or even February).

At long last. :)

Just wonder if others have also received some positive news?
Good work… I had my checkout email 2 weeks before yours and I still have no delivery dates… me car is apparently still awaiting a part so I’m thinking maybe something failed in my PDI - not sure.

But nice one for yours :)

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just had an amazing and very unexpected call from CS - my car is being delivered Monday 12th December. A complete surprise, only received the checkout email on 24th November and was very much expecting delivery in January (or even February).

At long last. :)

Just wonder if others have also received some positive news?
That's great news. I had my checkout email on the 25th November, so hopefully my car will not be long.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
That's great news. I had my checkout email on the 25th November, so hopefully my car will not be long.
have you called to see what the delay is?jimblob says he was told a part was missing on his, probably only 1 in 10 CS people would tell you that, the rest would just say.... soon...shortly..
i may call tomorrow to ask...its friday, why not

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
have you called to see what the delay is?jimblob says he was told a part was missing on his, probably only 1 in 10 CS people would tell you that, the rest would just say.... soon...shortly..
i may call tomorrow to ask...its friday, why not
Well i have been told that my car is complete and at Upper Heyford for PDI. The next call i get from CC should be the "here is your number plate and delivery date". The delivery date is, well allegedly, a week after the call.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I believe, but I MAY be wrong, that having it delivered to a dealer may add a tiny potential delay as the transport company contacts them, via lotus of course, to ask them what dates work, and hence you miss that step in a way.... and if the dealer doesnt answer them immediatley, then a small delay then. If the dealer doesnt take the 1st date offered, then a delay then too.... of which you may never know.
Anyway, I just called and got one of the read the script guys and my car is on the delivery spreadsheet, which SHOULD mean its finished.... and now just awaiting the transport company/lotus to arrange delivery with the Dealer....
They dont know how many cars are in front of mine awaiting the same step, which would be logical for them to have a system to inform them and me of this, and hence have an idea of how much longer it will take.
Anyway, my prediction of getting a delivery date this week is now pretty much not coming true.... I got most of the steps right, but just fell down at the last hurdle. haha

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I believe, but I MAY be wrong, that having it delivered to a dealer may add a tiny potential delay as the transport company contacts them, via lotus of course, to ask them what dates work, and hence you miss that step in a way.... and if the dealer doesnt answer them immediatley, then a small delay then. If the dealer doesnt take the 1st date offered, then a delay then too.... of which you may never know.
Anyway, I just called and got one of the read the script guys and my car is on the delivery spreadsheet, which SHOULD mean its finished.... and now just awaiting the transport company/lotus to arrange delivery with the Dealer....
They dont know how many cars are in front of mine awaiting the same step, which would be logical for them to have a system to inform them and me of this, and hence have an idea of how much longer it will take.
Anyway, my prediction of getting a delivery date this week is now pretty much not coming true.... I got most of the steps right, but just fell down at the last hurdle. haha
Well I know my car rolled off the line/completed 17th November. I am told the next step is a call from Lotus with the registration number and delivery date. The delivery date is usually about a week from the phone call.🤞

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Well I know my car rolled off the line/completed 17th November. I am told the next step is a call from Lotus with the registration number and delivery date. The delivery date is usually about a week from the phone call.🤞
yes, but you /we have been waiting a while for the call, NOT as long as some..
are u home delivery or dealer?
I am 100% dealer as I am not going all the way back from Spain to find the car has issues, which i HOPE the dealer would pick up on and deal with before I ever go back to get the car or to sell it, which ever I decide....

G

Guest142

That's great! You'll be driving around in yours soon. Happy that your at this point in the journey. What color did you select?

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
yes, but you /we have been waiting a while for the call, NOT as long as some..
are u home delivery or dealer?
I am 100% dealer as I am not going all the way back from Spain to find the car has issues, which i HOPE the dealer would pick up on and deal with before I ever go back to get the car or to sell it, which ever I decide....
I opted for dealer collection, as I wanted a proper handover.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Which you also get with factory collection or home delivery.
Yes but, for me Hethel is 200 miles away. This is personal preference I know, and many on here will have a different view, I really like the whole experience of collecting a new car from a dealer.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Have you done your ID verification?
yes nearly a week ago I did it with no hitches.
I am on the deliveries spreadsheet apparently, just with no actual planned delivery....
this week I will get dates I guess

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
yes nearly a week ago I did it with no hitches.
I am on the deliveries spreadsheet apparently, just with no actual planned delivery....
this week I will get dates I guess
Yes, I have done the ID verification aswell last week. It would not work with my phone but did on my tablet. CC said many customers have had problems with it. Just waiting for the registration number and delivery date phone call.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
@emiraspain, have you had any communication about a delivery date yet. Just wondering as we are likely to get our cars at roughly the same time.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
@emiraspain, have you had any communication about a delivery date yet. Just wondering as we are likely to get our cars at roughly the same time.
no..... just the latest last week..friday, I am on the delivery spreadsheet.... worrying they are using a spreadsheet instead of a data base, but never mind..
no date yet, but I am to a dealer, so they will hear before I do...

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
no..... just the latest last week..friday, I am on the delivery spreadsheet.... worrying they are using a spreadsheet instead of a data base, but never mind..
Ok, i will let you know when i hear anything, hopefully this week.🤞

Hobiedick

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I rang LCS on Friday as I had no feedback to say my ID verification was ok, I was told it was and delivery contact would be ................... you guessed it sooooooooooooooon!!!

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I rang LCS on Friday as I had no feedback to say my ID verification was ok, I was told it was and delivery contact would be ................... you guessed it sooooooooooooooon!!!
Yes, i had an email saying that i have done everything required, and the rest was down to Lotus. IE, registration number and delivery date phone call.

Mike

Reaction score

Warning [Rant] in progress.....

On 2nd November after checking out I received this:

"YOU’RE ALL DONE!​

Great news! You've done everything you need to and now it's down to us. We'll get back to you just as soon as we can."

Silence.......

Nothing......

Absolutely nothing, until I phoned customer care 4 weeks later and asked what my delivery date was. The answer..... "We don't know, the transport team are in charge of this. We can see you are on the sheet."

I am on the sheet!

I am not a man given to profanity but Holy Good F***! Are these people for real?

Can I speak to the transport team? "No sir, they are not customer facing"

Of course not, why would you want your logistics / transport team to engage with actual customers.

Can you tell me when you will contact me with my delivery dates. "No sir, we can't do that."

I love the look of this car. The designers and factory floor workers have done an amazing job I am afraid however that middle and senior management at Lotus have proven over and over they are incapable of managing a car production company should be sacked. All of them.

Personally I would vote for some flaying and perhaps tar and feathers, but I acknowledge this may be a step too far.

If anyone at Geely is listening. Please sort this out.

For a vehicle company not to be able to deliver an already built car to a customer because it's waiting on the logistics departmemt spreadsheet is an absolute shit show.

I do actually feel a little better after that rant but really, Where is my F****** car?

End of [Rant].

And apologies to the moderators.