UK deposit to order checkout to delivery process

Hobiedick

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I completed checkout 3 weeks ago and hadn’t heard anymore… so I chased CS today. They were lovely as always but all they could say was that the car had been part built and that now they have been waiting parts…

I suspect my car was from an earlyish batch that they had to move through the production line even though all the components weren’t ready.

The lady said that they are also ensuring quality is higher after too many gremlins / teething problems on some early cars - EG the engine warning light etc.

Will the car come before Christmas? Who knows… I’d love that esp if the weather is decent… but I’d rather have it sorted than have it too soon!
Interesting I am I am 10 days into the checkout process, I have had 2 emails, one requesting my private plate retention cert and one yesterday to verify my ID. The ID virification caused me grief as the lousy app wouldn't fire up my web cam and each time it failed I had to call LCS and ask for a fresh link, in the conversations I asked if my delivery would be in December and was given a firm YES, (time will tell). Eventually I did the verification on my phone!!

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Interesting I am I am 10 days into the checkout process, I have had 2 emails, one requesting my private plate retention cert and one yesterday to verify my ID. The ID virification caused me grief as the lousy app wouldn't fire up my web cam and each time it failed I had to call LCS and ask for a fresh link, in the conversations I asked if my delivery would be in December and was given a firm YES, (time will tell). Eventually I did the verification on my phone!!
I did the ID check yesterday also... so the race is on with a real competitor at last...
software worked for me on my phone, but not the webcam, but its not belonging to Lotus of course, an external company that does it.
I have not asked if my car will be december..... is it worth asking... again, you have a 1 in 5 chance of speaking to someone that actually knows more than the computer screen in front of them....

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I did the ID check yesterday also... so the race is on with a real competitor at last...
software worked for me on my phone, but not the webcam, but its not belonging to Lotus of course, an external company that does it.
I have not asked if my car will be december..... is it worth asking... again, you have a 1 in 5 chance of speaking to someone that actually knows more than the computer screen in front of them....
Yes, i completed the checkout email on Saturday. Had the verification id email but did not work. Requested another to be sent, but not received it yet. It seems they want the suffering of buying a car from Lotus to continue right up to the delivery. Even beginning to think they don't want to sell me the car.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I completed checkout 3 weeks ago and hadn’t heard anymore… so I chased CS today. They were lovely as always but all they could say was that the car had been part built and that now they have been waiting parts…

I suspect my car was from an earlyish batch that they had to move through the production line even though all the components weren’t ready.

The lady said that they are also ensuring quality is higher after too many gremlins / teething problems on some early cars - EG the engine warning light etc.

Will the car come before Christmas? Who knows… I’d love that esp if the weather is decent… but I’d rather have it sorted than have it too soon!
Interesting. I'd been told they wouldn't start the checkout process until the car is in production and all parts are available to finish it.

Maybe that's a recent change, as I know some people did checkout in September but didn't get contacted about delivery until November.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This is half worrying and half reassuring

I read this as “We’ve built a bunch of cars using low quality parts”

But on the bright side they have realised the error of their ways…. or perhaps

“we thought we’d get away with it, but are now panicking re possible impact to the brand”

I don’t like the idea of being asked to check out when they still aren’t sure they can build my car. That’s messed up!
I read it as "we tried to keep making progress by building what we could with the parts we had, so ended up with a bunch of cars that were 98% finished and just waiting for shortage parts to arrive and be fitted".

After the first 20 EU and 20 UK cars, it does seem like there was a pause before further deliveries were scheduled. Either that was Lotus waiting on another batch of parts or they have held back on releasing cars while they dealt with some of the teething issues and ensured they weren't being repeated on mid-build cars.

For example, I know they're releasing a new software version this week for the ECU to deal with the engine warning light issue and this will be in all cars leaving the factory from this week onwards. It will also go to all dealers to update already-delivered customer cars when they are next at the dealer.

I do think there's a genuine effort to deal with issues reported on the early cars. It's just a shame they got out with delivered customer cars.

Scant

Reaction score
I’ve just went through my checkout yesterday. Delivery within 4 weeks evidently, that’d mean a Christmas holiday pick up which would be a nice present. We’ll see what happens.

Sizona

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Also checkout done, the ID verification didn't work properly so had to call CC to sort it. Jan delivery

Brooksy

Reaction score
Just had an amazing and very unexpected call from CS - my car is being delivered Monday 12th December. A complete surprise, only received the checkout email on 24th November and was very much expecting delivery in January (or even February).

At long last. :)

Just wonder if others have also received some positive news?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Just had an amazing and very unexpected call from CS - my car is being delivered Monday 12th December. A complete surprise, only received the checkout email on 24th November and was very much expecting delivery in January (or even February).

no, no such luck.. had my checkout email before u i think..few days week last monday... and no call yet..so yes, lucky... shows they are not 30 day deliveries ...

home or dealer..?

Brooksy

Reaction score
no, no such luck.. had my checkout email before u i think..few days week last monday... and no call yet..so yes, lucky... shows they are not 30 day deliveries ...

home or dealer..?
How strange...
Home delivery, was given 3 dates in December (all week of 12th).

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

When was your deposit?

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Great news,congratulations.
All sounding very promising.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

Positive news is always welcome around here! Congrats!

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
How strange...
Home delivery, was given 3 dates in December (all week of 12th).
believe me, I dont find anything strange at this point.... not as a Lotus customer anyway....
I still think I will get my car before xmas, so not too worried and I am kind busy from the 10th to 25th so...
Ok, Im gonna call them now and say whyyyyy did brooksy get his and get them to change it round.. hah...
I dont think at this point, email received I mean, deposit date has much to do with it, its all down to production ..they make the rules.... if they plan to do 7 reds in the next few days...thats that... yellows or blues have to wait... or however they work it out, but 100% production are the bosses.

I feel tomorrow I will get the call.... lets see

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’ve just went through my checkout yesterday. Delivery within 4 weeks evidently, that’d mean a Christmas holiday pick up which would be a nice present. We’ll see what happens.
That's great news. My car is apparently within 3 weeks. Just got to wait for the number plate and delivery date phone call.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts