UK deposit to order checkout to delivery process

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
No. In case you missed it on other thread Autos now not being built until Q2 2023 (allegedly)
That was in an email to our Australian friends, so not confirmed for the UK as yet.

If Q2 2023 is confirmed for the first auto builds then I’m out and I’ll have my Eletre deposit back as well.

If the Australian email is true and also stands for the UK and we have had to find out this way it’s bang out of order, and most definitely the worst CS I’ve ever experienced.

Let’s hope and pray it doesn’t mean Uk builds

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
That was in an email to our Australian friends, so not confirmed for the UK as yet.

If Q2 2023 is confirmed for the first auto builds then I’m out and I’ll have my Eletre deposit back as well.

If the Australian email is true and also stands for the UK and we have had to find out this way it’s bang out of order, and most definitely the worst CS I’ve ever experienced.

Let’s hope and pray it doesn’t mean Uk builds
I'd be amazed if it wasn't the start of ALL auto builds

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I interpret this as as all auto builds beginning manufacture in Q2 2023.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Something massive has clearly changed if that is the case as CS clearly said that there were a mix of Auto and Manual cars for Nov/Dec

I'm at the Eletre Launch event tomorrow night so will speak direct to Lotus about it then and hopefully have a clear update for you all.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Something massive has clearly changed if that is the case as CS clearly said that there were a mix of Auto and Manual cars for Nov/Dec

I'm at the Eletre Launch event tomorrow night so will speak direct to Lotus about it then and hopefully have a clear update for you all.
I would appreciate if you can ask them specifically the timeline to start Auto for different regions or global.

So far, we know 100 % Q2 for Australia.
For Spain, we know for sure 2023, but they haven't specified any given period, Q1, Q2 ? I have no info for other countries in Europe but I am guessing Lotus has sent the same update info received in Spain. Note that until this update last Friday I was also Oct build/Nov delivery Auto for Spain.

Thanks in advance

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I would appreciate if you can ask them specifically the timeline to start Auto for different regions or global.

So far, we know 100 % Q2 for Australia.
For Spain, we know for sure 2023, but they haven't specified any given period, Q1, Q2 ? I have no info for other countries in Europe but I am guessing Lotus has sent the same update info received in Spain. Note that until this update last Friday I was also Oct build/Nov delivery Auto for Spain.

Thanks in advance
you and all you 90 year old automatic drivers are right where you should be....
in the dark haha...
If, and it was the first thing I thought upon reading it in the Australian letter, which is why I highlighted it, the autos are delayed worldwide until Q2, you have to once again ask, why are Lotus not on top of this and telling people asap, rather than firefighting later on.
One thing after another..... at this point, if I could afford a ferrari, and I detest ferrari's apart from the Roma (you have to say that rear end is worthy of a 3rd and 4th look), then I would be giving them access to my children's inheritance. I dont imagine they are in the same boat.... or plane or car when it comes to CS and contact and updates and accuracy.

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just had my call from Lotus, I placed my deposit around midday on the Thursday of Goodwood 8th July 2021. My car is scheduled for January build, February delivery. Alex told me that the so called first batch is 250 cars, my 'batch' is the next 200 and based on my deposit date I should be in the first part of that batch which also contains deposits placed on 9th and 10th.
I'm happy with February delivery, can possibly delay pickup until March but it won 't be the new registration as this is allocated shortly after the checkout email for which mine will be in January. They expect I should get a test drive late December or early January before checkout. Final payment made 48 hours before delivery. Collection at Factory should not delay delivery, might even improve it!
February is normally a dull month, hopefully not this time!!! :D🤞

Steve O

Reaction score
Handover
It was all pretty good to be honest. I have had about 5 whatsapp messages from the delivery team, with photos last night of the car on the trailer. They kept me informed along the journey today with messages adn a google maps link. Arriver at 11:30am. There were two of them but one was from Lotus for the first series of handovers. I think its just the delivery guy normally. They went through everything on the car inside and out and it took about an hour. It wasn't rushed and I think they are as excited as I was.
There wasn't a handbook in the car - thats being posted out. CC said they would want to see an insurance certificate, but no one asked. I got fully comp insurance with Carol Nash for £354 in the end with 3yrs ncb and 5000miles per annum.
The transporter wasnt huge. Photo attached, and they drove the car off carefully.

IMG_8860.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8859.mov
    4.1 MB
OP
M

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi Mark, if memory serves me well I think you’ve already had the checkout email. Have you heard anymore after that? Have you had your final invoice yet? I’ve now checked out and was wondering what happens next… thx
Hi yes 🤗. Process…. Phonecall offering 3 potential dates for delivery. Then chase CS repeatedly for an invoice so you can shift money in advance of delivery. (Most banks have £20k limit/day). Lotus normally raise invoice 48hrs prior to delivery, making it impossible for your money to clear in time for delivery!
Email yesterday confirming funds have cleared.
Phonecall today from nice lady (Helen) to confirm details of delivery, and she wanted to know my favourite radio station so they can preconfigured the radio! And whether I would have someone else present to receive the car!? All being well delivery Tuesday next week! 😁😁

shaank

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Pickup at Hethel tomorrow :)

Can't wait! Hand written letter sent to me with the passes, is a nice touch, and a voucher to spend in the lotus shop! thanks Scott if your reading this!! :) Also meeting the PR team to get pics of the car and handover process which will be interesting.

Not sure if it's worth making a new post for once I pick it up with pics etc, as I see others have got theirs already and done this, but I'll post a few up in here along with my thoughts. 8hr drive home, so I'm sure I'll get to know the car!

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Can't wait! Hand written letter sent to me with the passes, is a nice touch, and a voucher to spend in the lotus shop! thanks Scott if your reading this!! :) Also meeting the PR team to get pics of the car and handover process which will be interesting.

Not sure if it's worth making a new post for once I pick it up with pics etc, as I see others have got theirs already and done this, but I'll post a few up in here along with my thoughts. 8hr drive home, so I'm sure I'll get to know the car!
It would be good to know if/how the Hethel collection differs from dealer collection at least please?

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Take some gloves that knobs gonna hurt after 8 hours!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes please, I think you'll be the first forum member to do a Hethel collection.

I doubt they will get the PR team out for every collection day so this must be the first day of collections. Will be interesting to hear how many handovers they do in one batch.

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've just taken delivery this morning, loving the car!

I received my checkout email on the 17th of October and applied for PCP finance through the checkout dashboard and received a phone call about an hour later to say that it was approved. The next stage was the 2nd of November when I was contacted to discuss delivery dates I opted for home delivery to NE Scotland and was offered either the 15th, 16th, or 17th of November. I then received the finance documents on the 3rd November, and the invoice to pay the remainder of my deposit on the 7th of November. I was told at that stage the payment needs to be received by Lotus 72 working hours before delivery.

On the 14th I received a WhatsApp message with some photos and a rough ETA, and this morning another message with a link to a live tracker for the delivery. Shoutout to Steve for delivering so early, car had arrived by 8:30am!

Only been able to do a short gentle drive so far (been raining all night and all morning, typical!) but happy with the sports suspension, can definitely feel the lumps and bumps but nothing harsh, and I think it will come into its own on dry roads! Overall extremely pleased with the car so far!

AkjhBZJ.jpg

YKMixL4.jpg

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I've just taken delivery this morning, loving the car!

I received my checkout email on the 17th of October and applied for PCP finance through the checkout dashboard and received a phone call about an hour later to say that it was approved. The next stage was the 2nd of November when I was contacted to discuss delivery dates I opted for home delivery to NE Scotland and was offered either the 15th, 16th, or 17th of November. I then received the finance documents on the 3rd November, and the invoice to pay the remainder of my deposit on the 7th of November. I was told at that stage the payment needs to be received by Lotus 72 working hours before delivery.

On the 14th I received a WhatsApp message with some photos and a rough ETA, and this morning another message with a link to a live tracker for the delivery. Shoutout to Steve for delivering so early, car had arrived by 8:30am!

Only been able to do a short gentle drive so far (been raining all night and all morning, typical!) but happy with the sports suspension, can definitely feel the lumps and bumps but nothing harsh, and I think it will come into its own on dry roads! Overall extremely pleased with the car so far!

AkjhBZJ.jpg

YKMixL4.jpg
when you say the checkout email you mean the one where you actually have priced options to select..... correct?
well done ...looks perfect.... apart from all the water getting into the boot.. haha, we HOPE not!...

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
when you say the checkout email you mean the one where you actually have priced options to select..... correct?
well done ...looks perfect.... apart from all the water getting into the boot.. haha, we HOPE not!...

Yes the checkout email where you get the unique link to choose the likes of service plans and extra insurances, the "30 day email".

As part of the handover I was specifically shown where the water goes, the location of the drain holes and explained that it is normal for the water to go all over there. Only one small drip went into the actual boot though!

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I completed checkout 3 weeks ago and hadn’t heard anymore… so I chased CS today. They were lovely as always but all they could say was that the car had been part built and that now they have been waiting parts…

I suspect my car was from an earlyish batch that they had to move through the production line even though all the components weren’t ready.

The lady said that they are also ensuring quality is higher after too many gremlins / teething problems on some early cars - EG the engine warning light etc.

Will the car come before Christmas? Who knows… I’d love that esp if the weather is decent… but I’d rather have it sorted than have it too soon!

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This is half worrying and half reassuring

I read this as “We’ve built a bunch of cars using low quality parts”

But on the bright side they have realised the error of their ways…. or perhaps

“we thought we’d get away with it, but are now panicking re possible impact to the brand”

I don’t like the idea of being asked to check out when they still aren’t sure they can build my car. That’s messed up!

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts