UK deposit to order checkout to delivery process

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Checkout does not confirm delivery date, but does confirm the extras, payment method and delivery location. As far as I'm aware you might be able to change these things, but in the checkout page it says things like "If you want to make any changes please contact us" so it's not as straight forward as clicking back in and selecting a different box.

As far as I've been told once the registration and registration date has been assigned to the car then they can generate the final documents to sign, and I think at this stage the payment is taken but I don't think that's been confirmed by anyone yet. The original plan I think was to have this done a week or two before delivery but as we know timelines are shifting a bit with these first batches so I guess that could change.
I can’t see the car being registered before payment is made. I’m assigning a private plate to the car but if I then decide, for whatever reason, to not progress buying the car then how do you get that registration removed. I think it’s more the case payment is made and then the registration process starts.

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I can’t see the car being registered before payment is made. I’m assigning a private plate to the car but if I then decide, for whatever reason, to not progress buying the car then how do you get that registration removed. I think it’s more the case payment is made and then the registration process starts.

That's just what I was told on the phone to Lotus Finance when confirming the finance application went through. They said before the next stage a registration is assigned (I'm not using a personalised plate) and a date for the car to be actually registered is set, then they get the final documents for you to sign which may well be before the registration date.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The call we are getting is not actually a "checkout" call at all, its a courtesy call in reality.

It will simply give you an estimation of your production / delivery month.

Another email/ call will follow when the car is 100% confirmed, later, and after you have decided finance or not etc.
The actual check out call will give you 3 date options for collection / delivery and you should be choosing one of these dates or risk the consequences. Dont forget, if you are away for all 3 dates, then you can simply get it delivered to a dealer and collect it at your leisure.
I do think its a bit harsh to be limited to the 3 dates. Surely, after all the delays, they could be a bit more accommodating.

OP
M

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That's just what I was told on the phone to Lotus Finance when confirming the finance application went through. They said before the next stage a registration is assigned (I'm not using a personalised plate) and a date for the car to be actually registered is set, then they get the final documents for you to sign which may well be before the registration date.
I’ve emailed CS for an update. I’ve asked whether they can confirm if my car has gone for it’s PDI.

‘We are just awaiting some final details from our Lotus Transport Team in regards to the completed vehicles.

We will be contacting you towards the end of this week hopefully with delivery details.’

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Can I ask, when did you put in the finance application, and did CC ask you to start the process?

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can I ask, when did you put in the finance application, and did CC ask you to start the process?

It was all done through the checkout process. It takes you through step by step and one it was all confirmed I got a call about an hour later to confirm it had all gone through.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I’ve been advised we are just waiting on the transport team (should have info by Wednesday). I haven’t paid for it yet! The car will be register with my personalised plate.
as long as the transport team dont use Lotus's to get your car to you, all should be good.... haha

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It was all done through the checkout process. It takes you through step by step and one it was all confirmed I got a call about an hour later to confirm it had all gone through.
Thank you, i thought it was something i should have done but hadn't. I have not yet received the checkout email.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Probably not. The people I've seen getting the Checkout email have deposits on 6 or 7 July plus some pre-reveal folks.

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm 8th of July, just had email from cs saying they would contact me in a few weeks to discuss my car?.
Can't see me getting any car till April at least.

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Sorry 😞
At least it will be sunny again 🌞...
I said the same when I sold my 718Cayman in August 2021 in preparation for the Emira being released in Spring 2022… 😂 been driving a 10 year old caddy van since waiting for it