UK deposit to order checkout to delivery process

Hobiedick

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Warning [Rant] in progress.....

On 2nd November after checking out I received this:

"YOU’RE ALL DONE!​

Great news! You've done everything you need to and now it's down to us. We'll get back to you just as soon as we can."

Silence.......

Nothing......

Absolutely nothing, until I phoned customer care 4 weeks later and asked what my delivery date was. The answer..... "We don't know, the transport team are in charge of this. We can see you are on the sheet."

I am on the sheet!

I am not a man given to profanity but Holy Good F***! Are these people for real?

Can I speak to the transport team? "No sir, they are not customer facing"

Of course not, why would you want your logistics / transport team to engage with actual customers.

Can you tell me when you will contact me with my delivery dates. "No sir, we can't do that."

I love the look of this car. The designers and factory floor workers have done an amazing job I am afraid however that middle and senior management at Lotus have proven over and over they are incapable of managing a car production company should be sacked. All of them.

Personally I would vote for some flaying and perhaps tar and feathers, but I acknowledge this may be a step too far.

If anyone at Geely is listening. Please sort this out.

For a vehicle company not to be able to deliver an already built car to a customer because it's waiting on the logistics departmemt spreadsheet is an absolute shit show.

I do actually feel a little better after that rant but really, Where is my F****** car?

End of [Rant].

And apologies to the moderators.
Couldn't have put it better myself, you make me feel happy now, (or is that the alcohol I have just consumed!)

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

"YOU’RE ALL DONE!​

Great news! You've done everything you need to and now it's down to us. We'll get back to you just as soon as we can."

Silence.......

Nothing......

Absolutely nothing, until I phoned customer care 4 weeks later and asked what my delivery date was. The answer..... "We don't know, the transport team are in charge of this. We can see you are on the sheet."

I am on the sheet!

I am not a man given to profanity but Holy Good F***! Are these people for real?

Of course not, why would you want your logistics / transport team to engage with actual customers.

Can you tell me when you will contact me with my delivery dates. "No sir, we can't do that."

I love the look of this car. The designers and factory floor workers have done an amazing job I am afraid however that middle and senior management at Lotus have proven over and over they are incapable of managing a car production company should be sacked. All of them.

Personally I would vote for some flaying and perhaps tar and feathers, but I acknowledge this may be a step too far.

For a vehicle company not to be able to deliver an already built car to a customer because it's waiting on the logistics departmemt spreadsheet is an absolute shit show.

I do actually feel a little better after that rant but really, Where is my F****** car?

End of [Rant].

Totally agree with everything you have said. In my case, my car is in Upper Heyford, where the cars are transported from to customers homes or dealers. I am collecting my car from Lotus Silverstone only 20 miles away from said Upper Heyford. So, the question i can't get an answer to, is why is it taking so long to deliver my car to a dealer only 20 miles away. Also, a big ask i know, i would even be willing to collect it from Upper Heyford if it ment me getting the car before the Lotus 80th celebrations.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score

"YOU’RE ALL DONE!​

Silence.......

Nothing......

I am on the sheet!

End of [Rant].

Yes, Ive called twice...since my 20 day ago email that I am done...today, the guy said he was going to contact the transport team or someone and see if there was an issue..
not heard back from said guy.... I should have got his email I guess as I doubt I will be contacted at all...
I think the delivery spreadsheet may mean its out the factory but headed to PDI... and no doubt with all the errors seen after leaving PDI, there must be far more they spot during PDI...you would hope...otherwise what the hell are they doing there...
So that could be the delay.... or maybe they are trying to group cars together for local deliveries...saving fuel and costs.... No idea....

Its starting to get old....... older... like me
And people wonder why you might want to sell, after having all the excitement sucked out of the process....

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
no..... just the latest last week..friday, I am on the delivery spreadsheet.... worrying they are using a spreadsheet instead of a data base, but never mind..
no date yet, but I am to a dealer, so they will hear before I do...
Yes, i am also on the high tech delivery spreadsheet, and same as yourself, i am to a dealer only 20 miles from Upper Heyford. So, im thinking my car must arrive with a certificate of provenance for being the slowest moving Lotus in the companies 74 year history.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yes, Ive called twice...since my 20 day ago email that I am done...today, the guy said he was going to contact the transport team or someone and see if there was an issue..
not heard back from said guy.... I should have got his email I guess as I doubt I will be contacted at all...
I think the delivery spreadsheet may mean its out the factory but headed to PDI... and no doubt with all the errors seen after leaving PDI, there must be far more they spot during PDI...you would hope...otherwise what the hell are they doing there...
So that could be the delay.... or maybe they are trying to group cars together for local deliveries...saving fuel and costs.... No idea....

Its starting to get old....... older... like me
And people wonder why you might want to sell, after having all the excitement sucked out of the process....
Yes, i have been told my car, and, well i am guessing here, probably your car aswell, are in Upper Heyford. Which dealer are you collecting your car from?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Yes, i have been told my car, and, well i am guessing here, probably your car aswell, are in Upper Heyford. Which dealer are you collecting your car from?
no, ive not been told where it is.... the guy was going to get back to me...... didnt....

Id expect some dates this week, but as our friend above has been awaiting much longer, well... nothing is certain.
then others who started the checkout on the 25th got dates already..
NO reason or rhyme...

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
no, ive not been told where it is.... the guy was going to get back to me...... didnt....

Id expect some dates this week, but as our friend above has been awaiting much longer, well... nothing is certain.
then others who started the checkout on the 25th got dates already..
NO reason or rhyme...
Yes, i did notice that a fellow forum member got the checkout email one day before me, and delivery is tomorrow. So it seems that not only is the build sequence is set by names out of hat, so the same system is being used for deliveries aswell.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It’s sad and disappointing they can’t get delivery scheduling sorted. They’ve had plenty of time to get the processes in place and are only dealing with initial lower volumes at the moment.

From what we’ve seen so far, you might guess they are being stricter with PDI after some of the initial issues and are finding things that need rectification.

Perhaps the next Lotus video will be a remake…

807B556C-9D51-4FD5-B96D-AE27488D1840.jpeg

duff

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Do you only get offered a deliver date once the car has passed the PDI check?

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It’s sad and disappointing they can’t get delivery scheduling sorted. They’ve had plenty of time to get the processes in place and are only dealing with initial lower volumes at the moment.

From what we’ve seen so far, you might guess they are being stricter with PDI after some of the initial issues and are finding things that need rectification.

Perhaps the next Lotus video will be a remake…

View attachment 20050
Found out that a car of very similar spec to mine was handed over today at Lotus Silverstone. So there was obviously no problem supplying that car, but wasa problem supplying mine. So, from where I am sitting, for 3 years and 2 months I was constantly told I was the first to deposit for the 131. Also I was told I was first to put a deposit down at Lotus Silverstone. Clearly, on both accounts, a total lie. Therefore, am I to really to believe my car rolled off the line on the 17th November and it is on the delivery spreadsheet and is currently at Upper Heyford, as nothing I have been told all along has not come to pass. I have to say, as a very early depositor and long term Lotus enthusiast, I am very upset with the way I have been treated. I have enquired for an explanation on many occasions, but none forthcoming. This is the last Lotus I will ever buy.

Mike

Reaction score
Found out that a car of very similar spec to mine was handed over today at Lotus Silverstone. So there was obviously no problem supplying that car, but wasa problem supplying mine. So, from where I am sitting, for 3 years and 2 months I was constantly told I was the first to deposit for the 131. Also I was told I was first to put a deposit down at Lotus Silverstone. Clearly, on both accounts, a total lie. Therefore, am I to really to believe my car rolled off the line on the 17th November and it is on the delivery spreadsheet and is currently at Upper Heyford, as nothing I have been told all along has not come to pass. I have to say, as a very early depositor and long term Lotus enthusiast, I am very upset with the way I have been treated. I have enquired for an explanation on many occasions, but none forthcoming. This is the last Lotus I will ever buy.
Despite my earlier rant, my overwhelming feeling here is disappointment that Lotus failed to take advantage of the huge opportunity they were given.

The launch of the Emira could have been the event that set Lotus up as a serious high volume car producer on the international stage. Instead, for anyone in the UK who placed an order, they have embarrassed themselves by demonstrating that they are still a county level producer at best.

The constant string of apologies and failed opportunities to keep to their own delivery dates must be making their owners wonder what on earth they have bought into.

For my part, I will drive the car (if it ever arrives), have some fun and eventually sell it on, with no intention of EVER buying another car from Lotus.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Despite my earlier rant, my overwhelming feeling here is disappointment that Lotus failed to take advantage of the huge opportunity they were given.

The launch of the Emira could have been the event that set Lotus up as a serious high volume car producer on the international stage. Instead, for anyone in the UK who placed an order, they have embarrassed themselves by demonstrating that they are still a county level producer at best.

The constant string of apologies and failed opportunities to keep to their own delivery dates must be making their owners wonder what on earth they have bought into.

For my part, I will drive the car (if it ever arrives), have some fun and eventually sell it on, with no intention of EVER buying another car from Lotus.
Their first mistake was not building cars in deposit order, like Porsche do. At Porsche, there is none of this queue jumping or VIP's going to the front of the queue. It is first come first served. I have no problem waiting behind people with earlier deposits than me, that is only fair, but i do have a problem with people getting their cars before me who put their deposit down at least 18 months after me. It is not their fault, and i am not blaming them, no, this is solely down to Lotus. Surely they can't treat people, early deposits, like this and still expect repeat business. For me at least, not a chance.

Forlorn

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Their first mistake was not building cars in deposit order, like Porsche do. At Porsche, there is none of this queue jumping or VIP's going to the front of the queue. It is first come first served. I have no problem waiting behind people with earlier deposits than me, that is only fair, but i do have a problem with people getting their cars before me who put their deposit down at least 18 months after me. It is not their fault, and i am not blaming them, no, this is solely down to Lotus. Surely they can't treat people, early deposits, like this and still expect repeat business. For me at least, not a chance.
I feel exactly the same on this subject. I don’t feel bad for anyone getting their car. But, as a long term Lotus owner (2 brand new cars in 9 years when times at Lotus were hard) is a total switch off. They have let me down badly.
I am down for a May 2023 delivery, yet here I see others with later delivery dates moving forward. It smacks to me that I have upset LCS.
No response from my contact at Lotus from my Texts. After, our telephone conversation , too see why pre-reveal people are being treat like this.

I do feel for you. But this has taken the shine off this car. My Lotus story is about to end for good. This is not what I or you or others in this situation deserves.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I feel exactly the same on this subject. I don’t feel bad for anyone getting their car. But, as a long term Lotus owner (2 brand new cars in 9 years when times at Lotus were hard) is a total switch off. They have let me down badly.
I am down for a May 2023 delivery, yet here I see others with later delivery dates moving forward. It smacks to me that I have upset LCS.
No response from my contact at Lotus from my Texts. After, our telephone conversation , too see why pre-reveal people are being treat like this.

I do feel for you. But this has taken the shine off this car. My Lotus story is about to end for good. This is not what I or you or others in this situation deserves.
Agree, this, without a shadow of a doubt, is the worse car buying experience I have had in 40 years of buying cars. As you say, it has definitely taken the shine of the car, from initially being very excited about it 3 years and 2 months ago, to even considering selling it and getting something else, shows the extent of my feelings about it, I have visited 2 Porsche dealers when things were getting too bad, the customer service was incredible. This is something I thought I would never do given I am a long time Lotus enthusiast. I have in the past had used Lotus, which was a great experience, the dealer customer service was excellent, with no input from Lotus. A million miles away from dealing with Lotus direct with this direct selling model.

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
... So, the question i can't get an answer to, is why is it taking so long to deliver my car to a dealer only 20 miles away. ...

Just for your info (another brand but the same logistics issues): The transport of my new MB V-class from Vitoria (MB plant in Spain) to the Czech Republic took over 2 months (approx. 1900 kms). That is the current state of logistics (nothing works!).

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just for your info (another brand but the same logistics issues): The transport of my new MB V-class from Vitoria (MB plant in Spain) to the Czech Republic took over 2 months (approx. 1900 kms). That is the current state of logistics (nothing works!).
Well, maybe transporting cars, there are issues. But, having worked in general haulage for over 30 years, I have to say, whatever goods come into our yard, goes out within a day or two. It has to, as there is not enough room for goods to stay any longer.

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well, maybe transporting cars, there are issues. But, having worked in general haulage for over 30 years, I have to say, whatever goods come into our yard, goes out within a day or two. It has to, as there is not enough room for goods to stay any longer.

That sounds logical. But then the only explanation is that the goods (car) remain on the truck for a long time, which seems even less likely to me.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That sounds logical. But then the only explanation is that the goods (car) remain on the truck for a long time, which seems even less likely to me.
Yes, for our business, but I don't think "logical" appears in the Lotus dictionary. You would think that the transport company in Upper Heyford would want to deliver the cars as quickly as possible, as surely they have not got unlimited space to keep them.